Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5688 posts
3784 upvotes
M-Arkham

[Costco] Energizer lithium AAA 20pk - 14.99

Probably the best aaa nonrechargable u can get

Energizer lithium AAA 20pk - 14.99 at costco

The duracell optimum next to it is 9.97 for a 18pk, but with how crappy duracell qc r nowadays(leak issue).. n compare performance, these energizer still win out

20201218_201149.jpg
Last edited by Brewmeanie on Dec 19th, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
76 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20079 posts
4620 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Can confirm this is a hot price
HowardR71344 wrote: How much are the AA Lithium?
I'm also curious. If the 20 x AA is 14.99 as well, it is the hottest price I have seen after the $2.88/4pc deal at No Frills a while back.
- casual gastronomist -
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5688 posts
3784 upvotes
M-Arkham
HowardR71344 wrote: How much are the AA Lithium?
I didnt see any, so not sure
Jul 13, 2016
156 posts
259 upvotes
What's wrong with Duracell? I've never had nor heard of a single issue
Jul 17, 2019
18 posts
29 upvotes
soupmaster666 wrote: What's wrong with Duracell? I've never had nor heard of a single issue
131707923_446416263019305_8710216832825627703_n.jpg
You've seriously never had a Duracell ruin your device? Go buy a lottery ticket right now.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33513 posts
7143 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
In this situation, quantity over quality maybe a better option

I purchased Amazon Basics AAA alkaline batters for 5$ when they were on sale

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00NTCHCU2/

Don’t know how they compare to the Lithium batteries but at one third the price, I can buy three times as much and I am sure three Amazon batteries will outlast one Energizer Lithium AAA for the same price
Aug 25, 2019
522 posts
474 upvotes
My brain is conflicted with the incongruous idea of Lithium Throwaway batteries
Tis a genuine oxymoron

/A BAD one.... I vote thumbs down
"It is not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." - Anonymous
Sep 8, 2006
907 posts
547 upvotes
Edmonton
Gee wrote: In this situation, quantity over quality maybe a better option

Don’t know how they compare to the Lithium batteries but at one third the price, I can buy three times as much and I am sure three Amazon batteries will outlast one Energizer Lithium AAA for the same price
How often do they go on sale? I am going through a ton of AAAs for toys.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33513 posts
7143 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Simby wrote: How often do they go on sale? I am going through a ton of AAAs for toys.
Usually twice a year. Wait for Boxing Day and see if it drops. I last purchased in April. I use these for TV remotes and my humidifier has an auto flush that uses them, I have yet to change the batteries in either device. It has been over a year

Even at current price, you are saving 50% over the Energizers
Dec 8, 2010
100 posts
98 upvotes
British Columbia
Anyone in Lower Mainland, BC, see these available?
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
2600 posts
1910 upvotes
North York

There are specific use cases that are best suited for these lithium batteries where a traditional alkaline battery just doesnt do that well. I doubt people are buying these to put into a remote or some RC toy.
May 29, 2006
196 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
I walked up and down the isle looking. They only had AAA and no AA :(
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14959 posts
6326 upvotes
Ottawa
Becksrules wrote: Energizer Aaa Batteries Triple A Max Alkaline Battery, 24 Count https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07H8PK4GM

AAA Energizer 24 pack is 11.97 at Amazon
Guys, it's not just about quantity of battery for the dollar. These Lithiums are suited for use cases where Alkaline batteries completely fail.

If you try to use an alkaline battery for high drain devices used in -20 temperature, they will completely fail you. Also, you can't rely on Alkalines in long term storage, they will probably leak on you and destroy your device.

Mostly I avoid alkalines, I use these Lithiums for a certain subset of devices, and NiMH everywhere else. Alkalines mostly only go into toys and cheap devices.
Rich or poor, paying full price for anything is for suckers. Be an informed purchaser by searching RFD for the all-time-low price.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5688 posts
3784 upvotes
M-Arkham
soupmaster666 wrote: What's wrong with Duracell? I've never had nor heard of a single issue
Duracell used to be fine, but these past few years, their QC been kinda lacking and I found their battery seem to be leakier then norm, even when compared to other brands of alkaline batteries.

I got those amazon as well, got a box 100 for $16.85 after tax but alkaline always run a risk of leaks(so far 5 of my Amazon had leaked). I prefer to keep these energizer lithium around for devices I cant risk having a battery leak.
Last edited by Brewmeanie on Dec 19th, 2020 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1224 posts
445 upvotes
Vancouver
Dam, bought an 8 pack for the same price on Amazon last week. Oh well.
Great deal OP. I use it for my wireless mouse with an adapter to lower the weight vs regular AA's.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1030 posts
1343 upvotes
Vancouver
BRS250 wrote: 131707923_446416263019305_8710216832825627703_n.jpg
You've seriously never had a Duracell ruin your device? Go buy a lottery ticket right now.
*ANY* brand of alkaline batteries will leak and potentially ruin your device.

This is why you run lithium in devices that are costly, or are used in low temperatures or seldomly used for long periods of time
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
2901 posts
2646 upvotes
Montreal
KiraSensei wrote: I doubt people are buying these to put into a remote or some RC toy.
I am. I stopped using alkaline altogether a while back due to batteries leaking and damaging my devices. So now I buy non rechargeable lithiums to use almost everywhere since they never leak.

They are also shelf stable for years, and last much much longer in high drain devices especially at low temps (like 4x longer).

The only other battery I might buy is rechargeable Eneloops for toys which will require constant battery changes.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1030 posts
1343 upvotes
Vancouver

Exactly the wrong way to think about it.

The problem with alkaline batteries is their propensity to leak and ruin devices.

In low power drain devices, used in cold or seldomly used, lithium is the ONLY wise choice. Some manufactures specifically list alkaline batteries NOT to be used in their devices because of potential for leakage damage.