Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3120 posts
1217 upvotes

[Costco] English Laundry dress shirts $29.99 now $19.97

I saw these at Costco in Brossard last week, never heard of this brand before but they looked nice, fit slim and well fitted. Picked up a blue lined square on white shirt, sizes are getting low now. They had two other colors, a light blue striped and a pinkish shirt.

Quick qoogle search shows that these go for $100+ and the lowest seemed to be about $60. So this is a pretty sweet deal for a nice fitted shirt.

Item number: 1009453

I'll post some pictures later.
Last edited by Cech on Aug 4th, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
29 replies
Dec 26, 2004
418 posts
138 upvotes
Our Costco has had them for a month or so now. It's a bit of any oxymoron if you ask me. 'English Laundry' but 'Made in China'. lol.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3120 posts
1217 upvotes
Fanatic wrote: Our Costco has had them for a month or so now. It's a bit of any oxymoron if you ask me. 'English Laundry' but 'Made in China'. lol.
And my Hugo Boss sunglasses are made in China so you cant expect much nowadays.
May 6, 2016
325 posts
103 upvotes
Whitby
How are they with wrinkles? Any shirt I have bought from Costco has been a nightmare trying to keep straight and end up just donating
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2003
1370 posts
27 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Cech wrote: I saw these at Costco in Brossard last week, never heard of this brand before but they looked nice, fit slim and well fitted. Picked up a blue lined square on white shirt, sizes are getting low now. They had two other colors, a light blue striped and a pinkish shirt.

Quick qoogle search shows that these go for $100+ and the lowest seemed to be about $60. So this is a pretty sweet deal for a nice fitted shirt.

I'll post some pictures later.
How slim and well-fitted? I find Costco dress shirts are boxy and designed for old men! The shirt tails are super long and the sleeves billow as if the shirts were designed for Jack Sparrow :) I don't buy any dress shirts from there anymore.
If You Don't Have Time to Do It Right, You'd Better Have Time to Do It Over!
Jun 17, 2006
545 posts
299 upvotes
Calgary
Any idea if these are the "regular" manufacturing or a "made for Costco"/"outlet store" brand? I've been unimpressed with some of the "made for Costco" version of the Calvin Klein shirts.
eBay Feedback: 118 and counting.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3120 posts
1217 upvotes
Cghall wrote: How are they with wrinkles? Any shirt I have bought from Costco has been a nightmare trying to keep straight and end up just donating
No problem at all with wrinkles, I wore mine straight from the store without ironing.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3120 posts
1217 upvotes
Canucklehead wrote: How slim and well-fitted? I find Costco dress shirts are boxy and designed for old men! The shirt tails are super long and the sleeves billow as if the shirts were designed for Jack Sparrow :) I don't buy any dress shirts from there anymore.
They are not super slim but they a well fitted, i tried a 15.5 and I could barely button the middle button, the 16 34/35 fits me perfect. Im 6'1" regular build. The shirt is a perfect length to be worn over jeans.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
1620 posts
602 upvotes
Material what matters, or else you just buying a name.
Good...Good...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3120 posts
1217 upvotes
bkustra wrote: Any idea if these are the "regular" manufacturing or a "made for Costco"/"outlet store" brand? I've been unimpressed with some of the "made for Costco" version of the Calvin Klein shirts.
I can't confirm but I think these are regular and authentic. It has some very nice details like a silk textured inner collar and matching inner cuffs. It has a nice white embroidered strip on the inside of the button hole strip and and an "English Laundry" embroidery on the back bottom of the shirt.

I'm assuming also that these prints and colors are probably exclusive to Costco, they do this to avoid other retailers from competing for the same product.

May 2, 2010
297 posts
124 upvotes
They sell this brand at Winners/Marshall's. It is all right, the Costco price seems about right and is similar to those stores if I recall.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3120 posts
1217 upvotes
I've added the Costco Item number to the OP

Sep 8, 2008
710 posts
247 upvotes
I've always seen this brand at the Bay and yes this brand does retail for $100+. Seeing these at Costco at $30 loses some of the brand equity it has built in my mind.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
778 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Fanatic wrote: Our Costco has had them for a month or so now. It's a bit of any oxymoron if you ask me. 'English Laundry' but 'Made in China'. lol.
I know eh. Too bad everything is made in china now a days. Consumers are basically paying for the brand name.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1595 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not super fashion forward so I'm not familiar with this brand. What are we talking about in terms of brand quality? Is it around the same level as CK, D&G, DKNY, or is it more on the level of Topshop?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2034 posts
1243 upvotes
Kitchener
When this company first came out thier shirts were worth the higher price tags at higher end stores. Over the last few years the material has gotten thinner and thinner. Still look good but I don't think they will last as long. Also originally they were not made in China.

I'll have to look at home to confirm where they used to be made, have a few from 7-10 years ago and still look great.

So this could be the case of made for box stores vs higher end lines but not sure. Not sure if all production moved to China.

Looks like they were sold off to another clothing company on 2011
Apr 26, 2005
531 posts
112 upvotes
Richmond
foodyforlife wrote: I know eh. Too bad everything is made in china now a days. Consumers are basically paying for the brand name.
Why do you think that's bad?

There are certainly a lot of goods are made in Canada/USA or Europe. The price will be doubled. If you have the money, go for it.

MIC doesn't mean it has bad quality. Intel CPUs are now MIC and they are not cheap.

It's not about where it's made. It's you get what you pay.
Jul 4, 2011
26 posts
4 upvotes
Scarborough
Actually a lot of "Brand name apparel" sold in Costco is specially made for them.
There is no way a brand will give the same stuff for $100 and sell in Costco for $30 (just comparison sake)
Also Costco aka vendors to fit in the price range that is right for their customers.

There is a nice down filled jacket also in Costco these days, that is surprisingly a very good deal for that quality.
May 14, 2009
82 posts
8 upvotes
calgary
raid-5 wrote: Why do you think that's bad?

There are certainly a lot of goods are made in Canada/USA or Europe. The price will be doubled. If you have the money, go for it.

MIC doesn't mean it has bad quality. Intel CPUs are now MIC and they are not cheap.

It's not about where it's made. It's you get what you pay.
aglee. Recently top 1 fastest supercomputer in the world is made in China, all components are, they are getting to make super top products and lowest, like floss, as well. one day if Burberry make its own brand floss, would love to try.

English Laundry has sale in the Bay online, half price at least, CAD 65-40