Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Epson Home Cinema 3100 Full HD 1080p 3LCD Projector $999

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2020 8:59 am
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 1, 2019
9 posts
9 upvotes

[Costco] Epson Home Cinema 3100 Full HD 1080p 3LCD Projector $999

Not listed as a sale, but noticed this under the "Going Going Gone" section at Costco online. I seem to recall this projector was regular price in the range of $1500, and would go on recurring sales for maybe $1300. But, now it seems to be on 'clearance' for $999. Pretty good deal and even compares well to buying the same model from Epson Refurbished ($829), but you get it brand new and with Costco's return policy. 21 in stock remaining as of posting.
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 30, 2003
7397 posts
825 upvotes
This is a pretty good projector...note that the refurbished models from epson are frequently pretty new as well and do come with full warranty, so the $999 is pretty much paying for shipping and costco's return policy, but still a good deal.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2007
2052 posts
1256 upvotes
Markham
Happy13178 wrote: This is a pretty good projector...note that the refurbished models from epson are frequently pretty new as well and do come with full warranty, so the $999 is pretty much paying for shipping and costco's return policy, but still a good deal.
you are right. Epson site has it for $830 now.
https://epson.ca/Clearance-Centre/Home- ... 1H800020-N
Is there any other coupons available to bring even further down?
-------
Thank you
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2004
9994 posts
2640 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Projector counts as electronics and fall in the 90 days period at Costco.
On the other hand, the refurb 1060 is $500 on Epson, pretty good price for a shorter throw daylight projector, black level is worst than my 2040 however.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2007
2052 posts
1256 upvotes
Markham
Daijoubu wrote: Projector counts as electronics and fall in the 90 days period at Costco.
On the other hand, the refurb 1060 is $500 on Epson, pretty good price for a shorter throw daylight projector, black level is worst than my 2040 however.
I was thinking about it from Costco for $800.
I cannot find it on Epson site.
Please share link if you have it?
-------
Thank you
Newbie
Aug 19, 2015
28 posts
58 upvotes
Macdonald, MB
kunamvahees wrote: I was thinking about it from Costco for $800.
I cannot find it on Epson site.
Please share link if you have it?
Here is the link for 1060 but it is sold out now: https://epson.ca/Clearance-Centre/Home- ... 1H849020-N

This projector was available for $650 on Costco.ca till yesterday and the price has returned to 'normal' today. I am not sure how frequently is it discounted by Costco, but you may want to wait for it.

The same projector is available for $650 at Amazon.ca (though only 2 are left right now) https://www.amazon.ca/HOME-CINEMA-1060- ... 123&sr=8-3
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2007
2052 posts
1256 upvotes
Markham
gem007 wrote: Here is the link for 1060 but it is sold out now: https://epson.ca/Clearance-Centre/Home- ... 1H849020-N

This projector was available for $650 on Costco.ca till yesterday and the price has returned to 'normal' today. I am not sure how frequently is it discounted by Costco, but you may want to wait for it.

The same projector is available for $650 at Amazon.ca (though only 2 are left right now) https://www.amazon.ca/HOME-CINEMA-1060- ... 123&sr=8-3
Thank you.
I see amazon has it for $650 still. But after knowing it was available for $500, I am not happy to pull the trigger
https://www.amazon.ca/HOME-CINEMA-1060- ... 0762S7SL8/
-------
Thank you
Member
Nov 18, 2014
353 posts
388 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Daijoubu wrote: 4k projectors are still expensive, between 4k on a large TV and 1080p on a humongous projected screen, I'll take the later lol
Eg 65" vs 120", 240% larger area
http://www.displaywars.com/65-inch-16x9 ... -inch-16x9
65" 4k OLED sitting 6 feet away all the way! Sure you can have 120 inch but sit too close and you can see the pixels and the picture won't compare to 4k HDR 120Hz OLED. But to each his own
Newbie
Oct 15, 2016
14 posts
17 upvotes
FearlessSaver wrote: 65" 4k OLED sitting 6 feet away all the way! Sure you can have 120 inch but sit too close and you can see the pixels and the picture won't compare to 4k HDR 120Hz OLED. But to each his own
Do you also post on Hyundai forums that you prefer to drive a BMW?

For the price of a 4k OLED 65" you can jump a little higher and buy the 4K Sony projector which makes any tv sub $20k look a joke from 6ft or 60ft.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1086 posts
604 upvotes
Seems like Epson 5040UB is still the best bang for the buck, but viewsonic 747 is cheapest '4k' projector, right?
Jr. Member
Jul 18, 2008
152 posts
155 upvotes
number17 wrote: Seems like Epson 5040UB is still the best bang for the buck, but viewsonic 747 is cheapest '4k' projector, right?
Awesome, you saved me a lot of research! I’m finishing our basement right now, and have been planning to buy a decent refurb projector. Read a bunch of reviews, and the 5040UB seems like a great projector for the price. Thank you @number17!
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1086 posts
604 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: 4k projectors are still expensive, between 4k on a large TV and 1080p on a humongous projected screen, I'll take the later lol
Eg 65" vs 120", 240% larger area
http://www.displaywars.com/65-inch-16x9 ... -inch-16x9
Same ... but i think it's getting to a point where 4k projector is more affordable. So you can have the cake and eat it too :)

Viewsonice 747 was on sale for under $1k after tax, and yes, that is a cheap 4k projector and you get what you pay for, but it *is* a very affordable 4k projector.

BenQ TK800m (not 800, but 800m) and HT3550 are in the $1k-1.5k range when on sale, and those are better projectors.

I still think the Epson 5040UB refurb from Epson.ca is the best bang for the buck at $1.6k all in, has a 2 year warranty and is a far superior "4k" projector. Yes it's faux 4k, but it is a great projector and still has way more details than a 1080p projector
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 30, 2003
7397 posts
825 upvotes
dawger1 wrote: Awesome, you saved me a lot of research! I’m finishing our basement right now, and have been planning to buy a decent refurb projector. Read a bunch of reviews, and the 5040UB seems like a great projector for the price. Thank you @number17!
I have it, and it's excellent...on the epson site I think it's about as good back for your buck as you're going to get. Note that the stock changes on the epson site almost daily, so if one is sold out, just keep checking back.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.

Top