• May 15th, 2020 12:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3324 posts
773 upvotes
Ontario, Canada

costco eshop card for buying tires?

what are the terms and condisiotns on the costco eShop cards for buying tires. for example right now michelin tires gets an eShop card. it says it will be delivered to your emaill address in 7-10 business days but no other details

Is this one of those things that can only be used online and for purchases of more than $250? or is it a straight up costco gift card? and can it be used in store?

Any thoughts appreciated.
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9393 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto
No I believe it's just a e-Cash Card. You can print it out and use it in the warehouse since it has a barcode for scanning.

It's not a promotion card, no minimum purchase required. Same as a gift card.

That's what I got for buying tires since they no-longer discount the manufacturer rebates from the purchase price.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15194 posts
12350 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Got one recently for buying tires ...

It comes via email. And is pretty much like any other e-GC (Costco or otherwise).
It can be used instore or online @ Costco.ca
I got mine WITHIN THE WEEK

I looked mine up
Here are the T&Cs
The Costco Shop eCard can be used in any Costco Wholesale warehouse in Canada and Costco.ca. Check the balance of your Shop eCard online or call 1-877-233-6764.

Terms and Conditions

This Costco Shop eCard is not a negotiable instrument and may not be resold.
This Shop eCard will immediately be void if Costco determined that it was at any time obtained illegally (including by fraud, theft or other criminal act or failing to tender proper payment) or if it is altered.
Use of this Costco Shop eCard constitutes acceptance of the following additional terms: member card balances can be applied to purchase future merchandise at any location in Canada.
Certain restrictions apply to the use of this Costco Shop eCard by non-members, see Terms and Conditions.
Neither Costco nor any of its affiliates are responsible for the use of this Shop eCard without your permission.
Costco Shop eCard balances cannot be applied as payment to any credit card or charge account(s) or redeemed for cash, unless required by law.
This Costco Shop eCard was issued by Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
No reload option available for Costco Shop eCards
No expiry date
Cannot be used at gas stations and food court
Costco Shop eCard is not redeemable for cash
Delivery to an incorrect but deliverable email address as provided by the purchaser is the responsibility of the purchaser
Costco is not responsible for lost or stolen Costco Shop eCard(s). If your Costco Shop eCard is lost or stolen, and you have proof of purchase, Costco will issue a replacement for the shown value on our records from Costco Wholesale Member Service (1-800-463-3783)
Costco Shop eCard(s) received in error are subject to cancellation
Costco reserves the right to change our Terms and Conditions from time to time at its discretion

Cashier Instructions
Scan Membership Card and items
</TOTAL>
Hold down <CTRL> and press <CREDIT/DEBIT> 2X
<CLEAR>
Scan Costco Shop eCard barcode
Press YES on the Pinpad
Nov 26, 2015
59 posts
8 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Appreciate the replies. I couldn't find any information on the 7-10 business days before getting it. Looks like I won't get it in time to use on the executive deals sadly.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3518 posts
2201 upvotes
Vancouver
You'll get the card much quicker if you order the tires in store. Usually within 24 hours.