Expired Hot Deals

Costco

EUFY Cam2 Pro - 3 pack for 399.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2021 11:49 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 6, 2021
15 posts
34 upvotes

[Costco] EUFY Cam2 Pro - 3 pack for 399.99

Great deal if you are looking for EUFY Security outdoor cam..
Compare to prices at Bestbuy and Amazon - This is a awesome deal for 3 Cams at $399.99
89 replies
Newbie
Dec 30, 2017
9 posts
5 upvotes
Bought the new google battery doorbell. Wondering if this will be a good addition to the security system? Anyone has any suggestions?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 10, 2003
657 posts
23 upvotes
Thanks op!

Was just looking at this yesterday, it was showing up at $599 - $100.

Even better price than yesterday now. :D

Been using Ring for the past two years, but now looking to switch to a non-subscription based system
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 13, 2018
116 posts
94 upvotes
Is this the live recorder or it will record whenever is the motion detected ?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2788 posts
2371 upvotes
BC
I wonder when will EUFY start going the subscription model... A year or two?!?

Seems like most eventually go this route... Sigh...
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2144 posts
172 upvotes
SAM.Cook wrote: Is this the live recorder or it will record whenever is the motion detected ?
As far as I know - it records when motion is detected.
Member
Apr 10, 2006
484 posts
297 upvotes
Not a big deal for me as these cameras are outdoors. Let them view all the outdoor stuff as much as they want. LOL.

Hence why I don't place cameras indoor that points to more private life. Only in places where I want to detect something - facing front door or back door. Facing hallways to bedrooms.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2788 posts
2371 upvotes
BC
vanpatrick81 wrote: Not a big deal for me as these cameras are outdoors. Let them view all the outdoor stuff as much as they want. LOL.

Hence why I don't place cameras indoor that points to more private life. Only in places where I want to detect something - facing front door or back door. Facing hallways to bedrooms.
Still concerning to know.. IMHO
Newbie
Oct 15, 2020
99 posts
73 upvotes
Edmonton
I have 4 of these eufycam 2 pros. Installed in March and just charged them for the first time this month - good enough battery life for me since it's not a big deal to take out the cam during the day to charge and re-install. They operated through -30 C to +35 C conditions no problem. Love that it's non-subscription and only have them installed outdoors so I'm not as concerned about the privacy.

Depending on how far they are from the base, might take a 3-15 seconds to load in the app, so sometimes that's a bit annoying. The vid quality and audio is decent, range of view is quite good. If anyone has questions feel free to ask.
Sr. Member
May 6, 2020
531 posts
336 upvotes
Halifax
krazy_leb wrote: crap...dont really need 3 cameras. Just 2
same here need 2 cameras not 3Neutral Face
Newbie
Dec 30, 2017
9 posts
5 upvotes
redkarlkarl wrote: I have 4 of these eufycam 2 pros. Installed in March and just charged them for the first time this month - good enough battery life for me since it's not a big deal to take out the cam during the day to charge and re-install. They operated through -30 C to +35 C conditions no problem. Love that it's non-subscription and only have them installed outdoors so I'm not as concerned about the privacy.

Depending on how far they are from the base, might take a 3-15 seconds to load in the app, so sometimes that's a bit annoying. The vid quality and audio is decent, range of view is quite good. If anyone has questions feel free to ask.

Hey, this records internally? On the base station? What is the size of the drive on the base station? How much does it record? 1-2 months?

Also, does it continuously record or as the other user mentioned, only clips where motion is detected?

Lastly, can you connect these to google home? Or does it only work in eufy app?

I'm planning to combine this with my nest doorbell
Sr. Member
Dec 15, 2017
699 posts
1031 upvotes
Vancouver
vanpatrick81 wrote: Not a big deal for me as these cameras are outdoors. Let them view all the outdoor stuff as much as they want. LOL.

Hence why I don't place cameras indoor that points to more private life. Only in places where I want to detect something - facing front door or back door. Facing hallways to bedrooms.
Haha I agree. I rather have more people watching my property. No different than my nosy neighbours in a neighborhood block watch. Wyze had one too but nobody cares and keep buying their product, so what!
Newbie
Oct 15, 2020
99 posts
73 upvotes
Edmonton
samwinchester1900 wrote: Hey, this records internally? On the base station? What is the size of the drive on the base station? How much does it record? 1-2 months?

Also, does it continuously record or as the other user mentioned, only clips where motion is detected?

Lastly, can you connect these to google home? Or does it only work in eufy app?

I'm planning to combine this with my nest doorbell
Records back to the home base that has 16gb storage and not internally in the cams. I believe Eufy announced last year they were going to do expandable storage on the home base but still nothing yet (there's a USB port, not SD card). For how much it records - it of course depends on how many events it detects but based on 4 outdoor cams and 1 eufy doorbell, I have footage back to mid July. Good enough for me.

The eufycam pro 2 is not 24/7 recording, only motion. If you get the indoor cams with microsd storage (either the fixed or the PTZ cam), those will record 24/7 and not to the home base.

You can get your google home device to show the camera feeds (both eufy cam and doorbell cam) but it's painfully slow - 15-20 seconds to load and my internet isn't slow (~150mpbs). By the time it loads, your house/garage will have been broken into or your amazon packages stolen from the front door! So ya, we never use this option lol quicker to load on the phone. I said 3-15 second on the phone to load a stream once an event is detected, but on average I'd say it's 3-5 seconds, not terrible and good enough for me.

Let me know if there are any other questions!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6409 posts
788 upvotes
Toronto
Is it worth 3x the price vs Wyze v3?
Member
Apr 10, 2006
484 posts
297 upvotes
samwinchester1900 wrote: Hey, this records internally? On the base station? What is the size of the drive on the base station? How much does it record? 1-2 months?
- Internally on the base station. 16GB. Depending on the amount of recorded videos, it can vary. I have quite a bit of videos of me walking in and out carrying groceries and I barely use up half of the space. Catch 22, even though you still have plenty of space, they will automatically delete any video that passes the 3 month mark. They will only store videos up to 3 months max. It's in their stupid firmware. Complained about it, got the usual, we value your input reply.

Also, does it continuously record or as the other user mentioned, only clips where motion is detected?
- Only when motion is detected. To save battery life. If you want continuous capture, get a camera that is wired to power.

Lastly, can you connect these to google home? Or does it only work in eufy app?
- Can be connected to google home to order it to cast live stream only.

I'm planning to combine this with my nest doorbell
response italicized.
Newbie
Dec 30, 2017
9 posts
5 upvotes
redkarlkarl wrote: Records back to the home base that has 16gb storage and not internally in the cams. I believe Eufy announced last year they were going to do expandable storage on the home base but still nothing yet (there's a USB port, not SD card). For how much it records - it of course depends on how many events it detects but based on 4 outdoor cams and 1 eufy doorbell, I have footage back to mid July. Good enough for me.

The eufycam pro 2 is not 24/7 recording, only motion. If you get the indoor cams with microsd storage (either the fixed or the PTZ cam), those will record 24/7 and not to the home base.

You can get your google home device to show the camera feeds (both eufy cam and doorbell cam) but it's painfully slow - 15-20 seconds to load and my internet isn't slow (~150mpbs). By the time it loads, your house/garage will have been broken into or your amazon packages stolen from the front door! So ya, we never use this option lol quicker to load on the phone. I said 3-15 second on the phone to load a stream once an event is detected, but on average I'd say it's 3-5 seconds, not terrible and good enough for me.

Let me know if there are any other questions!

That helps. Thank you!!

Top