Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Everyday Exploit e-bike $1699.99 (YMMV, Etobicoke-ON)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2022 3:20 pm
[OP]
Nov 9, 2003
101 posts
115 upvotes

[Costco] Everyday Exploit e-bike $1699.99 (YMMV, Etobicoke-ON)

Saw this in warehouse at Etobicoke-ON, there were 4 unopened boxes.
Not on Costco.ca (Ontario).

Don't know if this is a deal at all but with bikes of this price and style in short supply, might be of interest.

- Motor: 250W
- Weight: 42 lbs
- Battery: 36V 7.8 Ah concealed
- Display: good size
- Derailleurs: Shimano Acera
- Brakes: Tektro discs

Cabling is external unfortunately.

Vendor: https://everydaybicycles.ca/collections ... oit-e-bike

Costco ebike display.jpg
Costco ebike box.JPG
Costco ebike tag.JPG
14 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3712 posts
2027 upvotes
This is the bike that every hacker uses.
Aug 26, 2008
149 posts
252 upvotes
Oakville
250W? I'd rather get the RadMission instead of this if I'm on a budget.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3702 posts
2471 upvotes
Calgary
Although fairly svelte at 42lbs for an ebike, it only has ~280wh for a 250w motor which means its really under powered. Although the claimed range is 48km, one will be happy to get 1/2 that with e-assist. Without assist, then range is unlimited or limited only by leg power that is.

As a reference, my Electric Unicycle with 1480ah battery & a 1900w motor has a claimed topend of 55kph with a max range of 150km. The real world range with real world riding speeds (20-45kph) only gets ~80kms so 1/2 claimed range is about right.

That said, this hacker bike is not bad for someone who's more into exercise riding with minimal assist which makes for a decent city commuter. IMO price is about average for the specs.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
6977 posts
3481 upvotes
Toronto
Damn for $1699 you can get a reallly nice brand name non electric bike... I mean this bike is some no name bike not much better than a Canadian Tire bike except it's got a battery and motor on it
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2011
1002 posts
594 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC
You would easily go faster and have a much better lifespan out of a really good non electric bike. Especially at 250w...
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:
[OP]
Nov 9, 2003
101 posts
115 upvotes
During ordinary times shopping around is a good idea.
These days it's very difficult to find any bike in that price range.
Stock does not stay around long.
Heard from many stores that they are not expecting significant or any new stock until new year.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3702 posts
2471 upvotes
Calgary
scibuf wrote: During ordinary times shopping around is a good idea.
These days it's very difficult to find any bike in that price range.
Stock does not stay around long.
Heard from many stores that they are not expecting significant or any new stock until new year.
Actually that is a very good point. Because of this covid lockdowns & social distancing, there has been a huge surge for PEVs either as a commuter to avoid public transport or as an antidote to wuflu madness. To accercebate things, shipping from China has been seriously affected with delays - not singling out China mind you but we know everything's made in China no?

So its not just about deals & best price. It's also about in stock or otherwise, the 1st snow may hit before we see anything ordered online shows up on our doorsteps.

Back to topic, to be fair, this particular ebike isn't the worse bike nor the worst deal on the market. The weight is reasonable, the components are ok for the money & the form factor is amongst the better since the battery is totally encased in the frame. Even if it's not waterproof, it's not hard to waterproof it with some appropriate tape & a tube of silicon.

For someone not looking to just twist & cruise but instead wants to put in the effort (u know, like how biking used to be not so long agoFace With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat), this exploit ebike is actually not bad. If one uses assist only for inclines or as pooped out insurance, its a good choice. Personally if I was in the market for such, I'd likely be a player.
Aug 1, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Saw this also. Same price/same bike online at manufacturer so no Costco member value (20% less or Bonus equiv) here which is not typical for Costco. No hurry to buy and can purchase from manufacturer if truly interested. Otherwise, looks like a decent bike on the surface and made in Canada. Anyone know if any special city rules for riding E-Bikes given speed potential? What is the life of the battery and can it be replaced?
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3278 posts
875 upvotes
Calgary
It gets people off their fat asses, and lets them leave the car parked when they head to work on nice days, so that's good. But an eBike will never get you fit unless you gradually taper and do some of the work.
Jan 19, 2010
309 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
lewdvig wrote: It gets people off their fat asses, and lets them leave the car parked when they head to work on nice days, so that's good. But an eBike will never get you fit unless you gradually taper and do some of the work.
My average heart-rate is actually higher on my Pedelec than it is on my non-electric mountain bike. But the Bosch system is unlike anything you're going to get in this price range, and throttle bikes probably don't elicit the same positive feedback reinforcement.
Dec 20, 2009
276 posts
47 upvotes
Mississauga
In Costco store on March 24, 2021 for $1,699
Dundas/ Dixie in Mississauga

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)