Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2555 posts
1542 upvotes

[Costco] Exerpeutic Under-desk Bike - $199.99

Amazon sells the same bike for $30 more

Exerpeutic 7149 900 ExerWork Bluetooth Under Desk Exercise Bike with Extendable Chair Hook for All User Height and Free APP, Gold, Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07PDHZDLK/ref ... cGbK9X6NRH
24 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1855 posts
1152 upvotes
Can you get any type of decent workout with this thing?

I have a pretty good vo2max and unless it's a spin bike my heart rate stays pretty low.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1268 posts
1390 upvotes
Dang. Everyone's going all out with this WFH thing. Just wait until COVID is over 90% of people will be back in work thinking about why they bought a cottage up north, why they bought a $2000 chair, why they sold the car lol. I'm still waiting for waterproof work stations in the shower, and a chair that has a toilet underneaht.
Feb 3, 2019
608 posts
893 upvotes
Canada
simplypop wrote: Dang. Everyone's going all out with this WFH thing. Just wait until COVID is over 90% of people will be back in work thinking about why they bought a cottage up north, why they bought a $2000 chair, why they sold the car lol. I'm still waiting for waterproof work stations in the shower, and a chair that has a toilet underneaht.
Covid gonna be over when, 2030? 2040?
Live a little
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3849 posts
2402 upvotes
Vancouver
Jackji wrote: Covid gonna be over when, 2030? 2040?
Well statistically speaking, there will be another covid by 2030 (hopefully it’s minor). Covid 19 hopefully would be just a painful memory by then...
Sep 8, 2010
115 posts
82 upvotes
Windsor
this looks ineffective and ... really.. really... .stupid lol
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8591 posts
1499 upvotes
Vancouver
Costco return policy I’ll give it a go. Thanks OP was looking for something. Like this. Added confidence of Costco pushed it.

Now let’s hope I drop a pant size
Autocorrect sucks
Jun 5, 2017
103 posts
31 upvotes
might be nice for those with restless leg syndrome, not everything needs to be a super hard workout

thanks op
Apr 11, 2011
17 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
simplypop wrote: Dang. Everyone's going all out with this WFH thing. Just wait until COVID is over 90% of people will be back in work thinking about why they bought a cottage up north, why they bought a $2000 chair, why they sold the car lol. I'm still waiting for waterproof work stations in the shower, and a chair that has a toilet underneaht.

It's only a matter of time before somebody decides to transform a commode into a WFH accessory. Slap $1000 on it if it's made by Herman Miller or Steelcase. Face With Tears Of Joy
Aug 20, 2018
191 posts
613 upvotes
raider3700 wrote: Image

It's only a matter of time before somebody decides to transform a commode into a WFH accessory. Slap $1000 on it if it's made by Herman Miller or Steelcase. Face With Tears Of Joy
Do you have the link where one might be able to buy one of these?

Asking for a friend.
Mar 26, 2007
211 posts
113 upvotes
Please don't. Who the are you trying to kid by moving your legs on a piece of plastic under your desk? This does nothing because you won't get significant intensity.

If you're even the least bit motivated you'll get up and go for a walk/run/bike.

Save your money.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8754 posts
1435 upvotes
RandomGuy22 wrote: Do you have the link where one might be able to buy one of these?

Asking for a friend.
The Shoppers home store. They sell all products for seniors including these.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8591 posts
1499 upvotes
Vancouver
Happosai wrote: Please don't. Who the are you trying to kid by moving your legs on a piece of plastic under your desk? This does nothing because you won't get significant intensity.

If you're even the least bit motivated you'll get up and go for a walk/run/bike.

Save your money.
It has resistance the idea is to exercise while on the phone and on the computer which a lot of people do daily.

Also small foot print.
Autocorrect sucks
Jul 10, 2019
352 posts
290 upvotes
don't buy this. you'll likely wear out your office chair.
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Jun 28, 2015
278 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This would be perfect for me to try and get started down the path to fitness... I'm not THAT fat yet (about 6'2" 225), but I need to start really slow with the exercise because of underlying medical issues (I feel like I'm gonna pass out just walking a block, no word of a lie). This thing would count as intense exercise for me, because I would be huffing and puffing like crazy :(

Although I'm also highly ADHD so I'd probably never be able to actually work while doing this
Mar 26, 2007
211 posts
113 upvotes
GangStarr wrote: It has resistance the idea is to exercise while on the phone and on the computer which a lot of people do daily.

Also small foot print.
I know what the product is for and that it has intensity settings. My opinion is that you don't need this if you're serious (or trying to be) about exercise. This isn't the only means of getting exercise at your desk even when you're on a call.

And to the other poster's point... I imagine the shifting weight from the biking motion would not be nice for your chair (joints, wheels, hydraulics) or your floors. The higher the intensity, the more weight you're transferring. I imagine the part that's supposed to hold a wheel on your chair probably wouldn't help much.
Jan 14, 2017
625 posts
337 upvotes
Jackji wrote: Covid gonna be over when, 2030? 2040?
It'll be over when Fauci says it's over.
The Great Leap Forward or Reset
Jul 24, 2019
713 posts
865 upvotes
Canada
Thanks OP. Amazon has this an Amazon's Choice item for $228.99. Loblaws has the Cubii Junior for $329.