Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] EXPIRED /OOS. Jetson Pro - e-bike with pedals $389.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2021 7:53 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
2869 posts
754 upvotes
indca wrote: Would it fit the Kia optima trunk?
The Box dimensions are LxWxD ~ 46" x 24" x 8 3/4"

It fit in my backseat of my mid size car.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2005
2112 posts
422 upvotes
indca wrote: Would it fit the Kia optima trunk?
Hard to say. Fat tire bikes that fokd are still very awkward. You need to find someone who has one local to see if it fits. This may help.

Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2425 posts
330 upvotes
Burnaby
seems OOS now. Orz
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Jun 1, 2019
44 posts
34 upvotes
Woah I ordered early yesterday morning and it's being delivered today. Cant wait. Anyone have the old bolt that can help me increase the max speed on this?
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1574 posts
850 upvotes
Vancouver
b31770 wrote: That theory makes sense if you're a vehicle that has to merge on the highway, but in practical terms, going 30 kmph on an e-bike gets you nowhere when sharing the roads with cars going 50-70+ kmph. One second you're ahead of the cars but while you're going straight, a car turns into your lane from a side street because a) they couldn't see your low profile b) because they aren't expecting anything but cars to be travelling at those speeds. You're either getting hit, or you'll be careening god knows where at 30 kmph!

In all honesty, bikes either have room on the side of the road or they don't. You just don't want to be caught in a situation when you're banking on maintaining 30 kmph to stay ahead of cars because you'll end up UNDER the cars. I personally REFUSE to bike on Smithe Street now a days.

And as a biker AND a driver that frequents downtown, unless there is heavy traffic, I can definitely get around quicker by car than by bike. Maybe it's because I follow all the rules of the road when biking so I'm not saving all that much time. In fact, I pretty much refuse to bike downtown unless it is to work because my damn bike will be stolen by a habit challenged person.
I got a radpower step thru ebike and it has a high profile, higher than sedans. I can reliably accelerate to 35 km/h very quickly. Some roads can be more dangerous but you quickly learn to be familiar with alternate safer routes. The time savings also comes from not having to find parking during busy times.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2778 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
I'm new to ebikes.

Is the bike a freewheel? I.e. Is the rear wheel supposed to spin freely without resistance? Thanks in advance.
Dec 15, 2017
200 posts
162 upvotes
pipolchap wrote: I'm new to ebikes.

Is the bike a freewheel? I.e. Is the rear wheel supposed to spin freely without resistance? Thanks in advance.
no but it has very low resistance. With the bike off you can still pedal normally with just a small bit of drag.
Feb 18, 2007
901 posts
1085 upvotes
Vancouver
pipolchap wrote: I'm new to ebikes.

This is literally 99.999999% of the bikes on the planet.

You're thinking of a coaster brake rear wheel or a fixed gear. The former is popular on low speed beach cruisers due to simplicity, but they brake like SHIT.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2005
2112 posts
422 upvotes
miningminer wrote: unfortunately for those who want to order this seat stem, the bolt's seat does not fit onto it. The metal rails are the wrong spacing.
Just to close the loop, poster was able to fit stock seat to extended post as seen below. Seat rail was just a tad out of spec . Mine fit pretty well.
miningminer wrote: did you modify your seat rails to work? I ordered this exact seat post but it does not fit onto the seat because the rails are spaced too far apart compared to the mount.

edit: never mind, the tolerances of the seat are pretty bad. I was able to bend the rails closer together (about 1cm) to be able to mount it.
PhotoGrid_1610304446033.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2425 posts
330 upvotes
Burnaby
mine online order arrived today. so fa so good. glad to have the first ebike of my life. enjoy.
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1310 posts
1050 upvotes
VANCOUVER
shamans wrote: I got a radpower step thru ebike and it has a high profile, higher than sedans. I can reliably accelerate to 35 km/h very quickly. Some roads can be more dangerous but you quickly learn to be familiar with alternate safer routes. The time savings also comes from not having to find parking during busy times.
My battery was under 25% so I haven't fully tested it yet, but I think you're right about 15kmph being noticably slow. People were passing me left and right!

My route would be perfect 20-25kmph. Dare I say 30kmph.

Overall, this bike is great. A bit scary for bumpy downhills with transitions from lane to alley, etc. due to the short wheel base and small tires. But otherwise a good commuter bike.

Would not recommend for people over 6ft tall, or heavyset folks.
Nov 2, 2019
42 posts
17 upvotes
I have seen a few people mention in this thread that this bike only does 15KPH. The manufacturer claims 15.5MPH, which is almost 25KPH. Are people getting their units confused or does the bike actually max out at 15KPH (9.3MPH)?
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2005
2112 posts
422 upvotes
BenRedFlag wrote: I have seen a few people mention in this thread that this bike only does 15KPH. The manufacturer claims 15.5MPH, which is almost 25KPH. Are people getting their units confused or does the bike actually max out at 15KPH (9.3MPH)?
Definitely does not max out at 15kmh. I average 20kmh at 80% pedal. I can hit 25kmh if I pedal fulll out like a madman. Downhill I can I've hit 30kmh but that doesn't count.
Jan 4, 2017
169 posts
126 upvotes
BenRedFlag wrote: I have seen a few people mention in this thread that this bike only does 15KPH. The manufacturer claims 15.5MPH, which is almost 25KPH. Are people getting their units confused or does the bike actually max out at 15KPH (9.3MPH)?
I've done the bluetooth swap from the original Jetson and mine cruises at about 25km/h without pedaling obviously, as peddling is useless based on the crank size. If I get off the bike and do a full throttle, it tops at 30kmh. Looks like the battery size doesn't output enough watts to pull the weight.
Last edited by Baigs786 on Jan 27th, 2021 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 2, 2019
42 posts
17 upvotes
Baigs786 wrote: I've done the swap from the original Jetson and mike cruises at about h without pedaling obviously as that's useless based on the crank size. If I get off the bike and do a full throttle, it tops at 30kmh. Looks like the battery size doesn't output enough watts to pull the weight.
Mike cruises at about h? Thanks for taking the time to respond, but if we could all take 15 seconds to proof read our posts before publishing them it would make things easier for everyone.
Jan 4, 2017
169 posts
126 upvotes
BenRedFlag wrote:
Mike cruises at about h? Thanks for taking the time to respond, but if we could all take 15 seconds to proof read our posts before publishing them it would make things easier for everyone.
LOL my apologies, replying using the browser on the phone vs the app definitely does some wonky things to the text whilst typing.

PS I've edited my post above.
Nov 2, 2019
42 posts
17 upvotes
Baigs786 wrote: LOL my apologies, replying using the browser on the phone vs the app definitely does some wonky things to the text whilst typing.

PS I've edited my post above.
Thank you very much. It makes a lot more sense now.
Nov 2, 2019
42 posts
17 upvotes
Does anyone still have the box their Bolt Pro came in? I was wondering if some kind soul could measure it for me. I plan to buy one of these when Costco get more in stock but I have a really small car and I'm not sure if it will fit or not.