Computers & Electronics

Is the Costco extended warranty worthwhile for TVs?

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2022 3:17 pm
Nov 21, 2019
165 posts
25 upvotes

Is the Costco extended warranty worthwhile for TVs?

I just bought the 75" Hisense but didn't add the warranty initially
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2988 posts
2030 upvotes
Calgary
Yes!!!

While extended warranties are usually a joke, the common consensus herewis that Costco's warranty for TVs is a great deal!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
Costco's warranty is cheap so it may be worth it, but I personally almost never buy extended warranties, unless it's part of a bigger deal. For a HiSense LCD though, I'd consider it since HiSense TVs don't really have the best reliability records.

This doesn't apply to the HiSense, but just note that for OLED TVs, Costco's warranty doesn't cover burn-in. I haven't had any burn-in on my OLED, but it depends on the usage pattern.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
3674 posts
2028 upvotes
Devhux wrote: Yes!!!

While extended warranties are usually a joke, the common consensus herewis that Costco's warranty for TVs is a great deal!
While it's a great "value" check out the reviews including the ones in the appliance section. They're all covered by Asurion and there are numerous complaints about the poor customer service.

https://www.costco.ca/excellenceplus%2b ... 70652.html
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
It depends. Costco give you 2 years warranty anway. If you bought a expensive TV costing something like $3000, then an extra $100 for an extra 3 years coverage is probably worthwhile even if the insurance company (Asurion in the case of Costco) is likely to be tight-fisted and hard to deal with on extended warranty claims.

But you bought Hisense...
Nov 21, 2019
165 posts
25 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: It depends. Costco give you 2 years warranty anway. If you bought a expensive TV costing something like $3000, then an extra $100 for an extra 3 years coverage is probably worthwhile even if the insurance company (Asurion in the case of Costco) is likely to be tight-fisted and hard to deal with on extended warranty claims.

But you bought Hisense...
Yes exactly I heard it's worth it for the Hisense as some are not in as good a shape

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)