Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Costco] Face masks :. $24.99 (6 different types of masks with pictures & company information) (All Made in China)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2020 8:49 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9104 posts
54443 upvotes
Ontario

[Costco] Face masks :. $24.99 (6 different types of masks with pictures & company information) (All Made in China)

Hi Mods, please delete if it is still not allowed. I don't see the face mask restriction in the rule forum anymore.
You might be able to get the price differences back if you purchased within 30 days and with the original receipt. The masks are final sale but you are doing price adjustment instead of returning it.

Note: If you don't like China products, that is okay. Just move along and ignore this post.

Costco just reduced their prices on Face masks.

Quality is okay but not top quality. The masks are quite thick so it is not a cheap 3 layers mask for sure.

5 boxes of masks. One of them is bad. Not as thick and other and earloop snaps off easily. I forgot which one because I received a free mask from Costco.

BYD mask is the one that the employee uses. I received a free one. It's thick. Good quality. I think they got a new look. The picture of the mask looks the same.
4.jpg
5.jpg

6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Before: it was mask or no mask debate
Now: it’s disposable face masks or reusable face mask.

*HK and Taiwan both have more population per km than Canada but they have less covid case*
Last edited by Thatdealguy on Jun 29th, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Share:
288 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9104 posts
54443 upvotes
Ontario
Company information

Chaoyuknitting[
https://www.chaoyuknitting.com/contact
A Sock company

Nantong Gold Sufang Weaving Co ltd[
BOOMCARE
https://cnsufang.en.alibaba.com/
Beds/pillows

Changzhou Leyi Medical Device Co ltd & Shanghai Guoyi Industry Co.,Ltd.
Fresh FOrest & Maple Medical
http://www.huankang.com/ &
Medical devices.

Quanzhou Paileesha Health Care Product Co LTD
FLongYuan/b]
http://paileesha.com/
Adult diapers .
Last edited by Thatdealguy on Jun 24th, 2020 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 8, 2008
96 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
The one Costco gave you for free is made by BYD automobile. In China, that is considered as the best and hard to get.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9104 posts
54443 upvotes
Ontario
scott_fu wrote: The one Costco gave you for free is made by BYD automobile. In China, that is considered as the best and hard to get.
Good to know.
https://en.byd.com/auto/
May 12, 2019
243 posts
309 upvotes
scott_fu wrote: The one Costco gave you for free is made by BYD automobile. In China, that is considered as the best and hard to get.
I saw that yesterday and I was surprised that BYD makes masks too! I’ve driven a few during my trips to South America and their cars are alright so I figured a mask is kinda idiot proof to make for a big car company like that. Their mask felt nice and comfy too.
Dec 7, 2007
243 posts
87 upvotes
BYD is good even though it is auto maker.
Others are good too, I have one of others which is the “maple “ . If you are trying to buy the mask from China and not sure if it is good. The easiest way is that if it is made by a medical device or healthcare device company , it should be fine. Other makers may have chance to get bad quality. But China already have been very restricted for the mask quality since lots of accidents happened in the world. Generally speaking we should be comfortable. So far there is really no where can have this kind of quantity supply with the same quality as well .
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2059 posts
2058 upvotes
Toronto
catman1000 wrote: Just did a 2 minute search and found reuseable ones made in Vancouver.
Reusable masks do not offer the same protection as a good one time use mask.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19200 posts
1692 upvotes
Just walk in and out of Costco 3 or 4 times a day, pocket mask every time. Problem solved.
Last edited by brunes on Jun 24th, 2020 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2299 posts
1364 upvotes
GTA
silverele wrote: Reusable masks do not offer the same protection as a good one time use mask.
Why is that?
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
Feb 6, 2007
368 posts
204 upvotes
silverele wrote: Reusable masks do not offer the same protection as a good one time use mask.
Isn’t the point of the mask to protect others from your sneezing etc. not necessarily to stop stuff from coming in through the mask.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3355 posts
2182 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
squeeks786 wrote: Isn’t the point of the mask to protect others from your sneezing etc. not necessarily to stop stuff from coming in through the mask.
Yes, and when I see people in Costco refusing a free mask, I want to scream at them. It shows how selfish people really are.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2059 posts
2058 upvotes
Toronto
moulamou wrote: Why is that?
If you look at studies done on reusable masks made using different materials, you can see that depending on the materials used, particles the size of 0.3 microns being caught can range from a low 30% to a high of 80%, sometimes 90% if specific layers are used. For example, 3 layers of a cotton t-shirt was meaured to filter 27.98%. Tight knit fabrics are best, some suggest vaccum bags are the best.

A good one use mask has layers that include meltblown fabric, and together it can catch 90%+ of particles. Obviously surgical and N95 masks are able to do up to 95% that measure 0.3 microns, but I prefer to leave those to the hospitals.

Reusable masks need to be thick or in certain types of fabrics and layers in order to match good one time use masks, but that can restrict breathing quite a bit. Any face covering is better than nothing at all though, so please use what you can. You don't necessarily have to match real masks, but they are not the same for sure.

This is a link from Business Insider if you are interested in seeing what materials filter better in their test:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.busine ... 20-4%3famp
Feb 11, 2011
82 posts
33 upvotes
Does anyone know if unopened masks are refundable?
Had one that I got when it was 39.99 but unopened. Costco Elgin Mills refused to refund it (Despite no such disclaimer when I bought it) and the store manager was as rude as one possibly be about it.

Costco.ca doesn’t list masks under list of non refundable items. So I wonder whether it’s a store specific policy.

(They also refused to do price adjustments)
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2246 posts
595 upvotes
FYI FoodyMart in Richmond BC is selling the BYD face masks (first pics in OP) for $20/box. They have other brands from $12/50pcs.
Nov 3, 2005
353 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a box at Costco recently with the brand name Endeavour made by Fujian Yingdawo Medical and they were a bit small for me. The ear loops pulled tightly behind my ears. So for those looking for a tighter fit, those would do.