[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
10043 posts
69507 upvotes
Ontario

[Costco] Face Shield 5-Pack (Made In Canada) $19.99 EXP Nov 15

Supreme quality. Scratch resistance.
This is their new sale price. The previous sale price is around $23.
Made in Canada.

32.jpg

These are the cheap ones. Thin plastic. may scratch your face if you are not careful with them.

3.jpg
Another news, Kirkland glove is nov $24.99 instead of $17.99
1.jpg
Images
  • 32.jpg
  • 1.jpg
Last edited by Thatdealguy on Nov 9th, 2020 10:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
41 replies
Nov 7, 2006
19 posts
50 upvotes
Calling this lava hot is absurd. Please change the title, OP.
Jul 18, 2010
205 posts
103 upvotes
The Vulcan medicom blue gloves have been jacked up to $15.99 as well (from 11.99, I believe and even 9.99 pre-pandemic).... I've also seen made in China generic blue nitrile gloves (blue & white box) for 19.99/100 count and another (pink & grey box) for 6.99/100 count small size only.

Prices all over the place it's crazy.
Feb 25, 2018
296 posts
221 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: Supreme quality. Scratch resistance.
This is their new sale price. The previous sale price is around $23.
Made in Canada.

These are the cheap ones. Thin plastic. may scratch your face if you are not careful with them.

Another news, Kirkland glove is nov $24.99 instead of $17.99
Gloves are ok for price, just need them for prepping food at home.

I find it quite useful esp for marinating, doesn't grease up my hand anymore.

Or make my hand smell like garlic for days after doing some garlic prepping.

Edit:

I haven't seen anyone actually wear this type of shield outdoor, do people really buy this and wear it outdoors?

Seems better suited for cutting grass and saving your face full of flying grass bits
Last edited by Fathamsta on Nov 8th, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 25, 2018
296 posts
221 upvotes
aretogj wrote: The Vulcan medicom blue gloves have been jacked up to $15.99 as well (from 11.99, I believe and even 9.99 pre-pandemic).... I've also seen made in China generic blue nitrile gloves (blue & white box) for 19.99/100 count and another (pink & grey box) for 6.99/100 count small size only.

Prices all over the place it's crazy.
Are these avail in Costco?

Went there yesterday but didn't see any in the burnaby, bc location.

Near Grandview and willingdon location.
Dec 24, 2013
126 posts
190 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
These shields suck... they do not provide adequate coverarge to the sides, and they are not optically clear there is some kind of strange effect that happens when you look through them making things look distorted.
Feb 25, 2018
296 posts
221 upvotes
DevenP097 wrote: These shields suck... they do not provide adequate coverarge to the sides, and they are not optically clear there is some kind of strange effect that happens when you look through them making things look distorted.
I really only see this useful in an ER room where a doc is cutting into a patient and having this face mask save their face from being squirted with blood.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5773 posts
2609 upvotes
Toronto
Fathamsta wrote: I really only see this useful in an ER room where a doc is cutting into a patient and having this face mask save their face from being squirted with blood.
I've seen quite a few people (including workers in stores) wearing face shields without a mask underneath. I don't know if that fulfils the by-law requirements?
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2050 posts
861 upvotes
Brampton, ON
The real crime is people wearing a shield without a mask underneath.
Jul 18, 2010
205 posts
103 upvotes
Fathamsta wrote: Are these avail in Costco?

Went there yesterday but didn't see any in the burnaby, bc location.

Near Grandview and willingdon location.
My bad... The stock for these come and go at the Costcos near me (Scarborough / Thorncliff & business center - Ontario locations)
Feb 9, 2007
18 posts
17 upvotes
Edmonton
These are not the cheap face shields and I find the visual distortion to be minimal. I wear a mask, with filter, and one of these shields when I shop as too many people have masks that don't fit or are not worn properly. In addition, a mask does not protect your eyes, which are a route of entry for the virus. The face shield may offer little extra protection but I have a compromised immune system and every little bit of protection helps.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3500 posts
2098 upvotes
Toronto
Fathamsta wrote: I really only see this useful in an ER room where a doc is cutting into a patient and having this face mask save their face from being squirted with blood.
What convinced me to wear a shield was seeing everyone on Court TV wearing a shield. Judge, prosecutor, lawyers, and defendant. Mind you I wear a mask too. I just ordered cheap ones on Amazon, and don't regret it.
Last edited by beachlover on Nov 8th, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3500 posts
2098 upvotes
Toronto
saile wrote: I wear a mask, with filter, and one of these shields when I shop as too many people have masks that don't fit or are not worn properly. In addition, a mask does not protect your eyes, which are a route of entry for the virus.
Agree, and couldn't have said it better myself.
Jul 2, 2014
477 posts
161 upvotes
Maple, ON
Regardless, without a face mask, water particles from talking and sneezing still make its way into the air and onto the things we touch when you are wearing the face shields. Plus, most people look better with a face mask on anyways. Just wear the face mask, please.
Feb 9, 2007
18 posts
17 upvotes
Edmonton
flyingnurse wrote: The real crime is people wearing a shield without a mask underneath.
Agreed. A face shield without a mask doesn't offer the wearer sufficient protection and puts the rest of us at greater risk.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
10043 posts
69507 upvotes
Ontario
DevenP097 wrote: These shields suck... they do not provide adequate coverarge to the sides, and they are not optically clear there is some kind of strange effect that happens when you look through them making things look distorted.
The made in Canada is optically clear. At least 90%.
The cheap plastic ones will deteriorate after a few days
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
2017 posts
1938 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
mrmoo2002 wrote: Calling this lava hot is absurd. Please change the title, OP.
Dude this guy always posts stuff with the title "HOT" or "LAVA HOT" meanwhile it's cold or mediocre. I just learned to ignore his posts and downvote it.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2963 posts
833 upvotes
Vancouver
I have both these 5 in a pack as well as the cheaper 10 in a pack. This more expensive will be used when I have to wear it for several days.

We use cloth face masks. However, all family vehicles are equipped with 5 face shields (cheaper ones), disposable masks and sanitizing gel bottle. I just want to be prepared in case we get to a place where a face shield on top of mask is required or appropriate.