• May 18th, 2021 9:54 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3690 posts
2646 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Feit LED String Lights 48 ft. [$47.99 online] or [$37.99 in store]

These are $37.99 in stores right now, but if you're in Ontario or another locked down region you won't be able to purchase it until non-essential items can be sold. Even then, these things usually sell like hotcakes regular price because the demand for decorating patios and balconies is high.

Its a decent price considering regular price in stores is $49.99 so you get these shipped directly to you for slightly less compared to regular price.
Last edited by redkulat on May 4th, 2021 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
189 replies
Feb 8, 2011
575 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
Can i buy in store in Ontario?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2138 posts
573 upvotes
All these coupon deals from Costco even with the coupon the online price after the coupon is still more then the regular price in the warehouse!
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4797 posts
1927 upvotes
Winnipeg
iamdman wrote: All these coupon deals from Costco even with the coupon the online price after the coupon is still more then the regular price in the warehouse!
Includes shipping cost.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
6090 posts
2013 upvotes
Montreal
I've heard more than a few stories about squirrels chewing through the wires. Anyone here dealt with that?
Jul 11, 2007
473 posts
106 upvotes
GTA
try Grannick's Bitter Apple spray on the wire to discourage bite/chewing on the wire. I don't have problem with critter chewing on wire of this specific product, but bitter apple spray seems to stop whatever that was chewing things under my engine hood.
Oct 2, 2018
544 posts
405 upvotes
Toronto
Have 1 set of these lights where a huge windstorm for whatever reason blew off 90% of the light pigtails, original thought was squirrels but seeing it was done in such as way that it is almost certainly a faulty run where the adhesive or bond between the light and pigtail completely failed.

The other set we have is a couple of years older than the set that was faulty and lasted an additional year and still going strong, super delighted in them and with that planning on purchasing two more strings of these while on sale.

Hate that we might have to pay an additional $20 ($10 ea per string with tax) it would be much better to buy in store, think we will just wait till opening and take the chance long as we go fairly quickly. They tend to bring in a fair bit of stock, with the lockdown perhaps they will bring in additional as people will be looking to take advantage of this particular item.
Youth is the gift of nature, while age is a work of art.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2116 posts
584 upvotes
Vaughan
Can I buy online and then go to the returns desk in store to grab the difference?

Chances are very slim that there will be stock at the end of May, and that's assuming this lock-down even ends at that point.

EDIT: And they are moving really quickly online as well. When I checked this morning, there were over 999. Now only 700 left. No chance these make it to the end of May. Smiling Face With Horns
May 25, 2018
114 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
d_source wrote: Can I buy online and then go to the returns desk in store to grab the difference?

Chances are very slim that there will be stock at the end of May, and that's assuming this lock-down even ends at that point.

EDIT: And they are moving really quickly online as well. When I checked this morning, there were over 999. Now only 700 left. No chance these make it to the end of May. Smiling Face With Horns
https://customerservice.costco.ca/app/promopricematch
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
2644 posts
574 upvotes
Thanks, been wanting to get one of these for many years.

What's the best way to hang them up?
Apr 7, 2020
113 posts
41 upvotes
Ottawa
What does everyone recommend for hanging these off aluminum siding?
Dec 15, 2020
21 posts
21 upvotes
hammerofhope wrote: What does everyone recommend for hanging these off aluminum siding?
I used a bunch of those 3M tape light clips. Gone through a full summer and winter and still on solid.

I'm sure some of them may fall off at some point, not sure if there is a better solution.

Can't remember if it was these exact ones, but something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Command-Outdoor- ... M1799?th=1
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14452 posts
225 upvotes
Mississauga
I just got my lights delivered today, I ordered them last week with the Anker Mega speaker deal.
I submitted my Price adjustment for the lights.

Your price adjustment request has been submitted!
Your reference number is: xxxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxx
If your order has shipped: Upon review of your submission, the requested credit will typically be processed within 5-7 business days.
All credits will be issued to the original method of payment used at the time of the order.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1812 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto
psyko514 wrote: I've heard more than a few stories about squirrels chewing through the wires. Anyone here dealt with that?
Where did you hear about this? I also heard the same but it made no sense lol
Aug 19, 2011
315 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
Are these going to survive occasional wind storm on a balcony or need to be taken down?
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2338 posts
1055 upvotes
Edmonton
If you are planning to buy more than one set and are planning to keep them for a while, buy a spare set for the bulbs. They are expensive.....
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1256 posts
1222 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
2K6TSX wrote: Where did you hear about this? I also heard the same but it made no sense lol
A lot of newer electrical wiring is made with soy based plastic/vinyl as the sheathing for the cables.

This attracts rodents since they seem to Ike the taste better and possibly can also smell the wire since it's soy.

This is most likely the case with these lights.
Dec 9, 2017
273 posts
678 upvotes
Didnt know about the online price match, this is awesome, costco knows what the heck they are doing (ikea, take some notes)
Just got 3 of these at 57.99, if i get 30$ back, that's my beer for the weekend
Your price adjustment request has been submitted!
Your reference number is: 210503-036224

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

l10ang