• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2010 6:55 pm
[OP]
Dec 14, 2009
48 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver, Canada

[Costco] Costco - A few XBOX 360 Games for $18.97

I was just at Costco, Downtown Vancouver next to Rogers Arena (formerly GM Place)

3 titles caught my eye.

Left 4 Dead GOTY
Fallout 3 (Platinum Hits)
Oblivion IV

I think there was also a Tomb Raider Underworld.

At $18.97, I think these are good prices; At least for L4D + Fallout 3.
Hope this is of interest to some.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3529 posts
954 upvotes
Ottawa
Your forgetting to put GAMES in the title after 360
[OP]
Dec 14, 2009
48 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver, Canada
Yep... My bad.

Please take note of my member status.

I wonder how many people don't post great deals, because they're worried they might screw up and face ridicule. Just a thought.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2006
1353 posts
741 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
dblhelix wrote: Yep... My bad.

I wonder how many people don't post great deals, because they're worried they might screw up and face ridicule. Just a thought.
+1... however it's not really anyone's fault except for the OPs...
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1945 posts
181 upvotes
I saw Oblivion and Fallout 3 at Walmart near Major Mackenzie and Bayview for about $18-20 as well
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5239 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto

You're so right about that. We talked about it in another thread earlier, there are just so many people waiting around to make a snide comment that others just don't post anything and lurk instead. It seems that any new thread is barraged with comments full of attitude. While I am sometimes annoyed by the endless Staples Sale posts, etc I just ignore them. The person that gets pummeled for trying to help out this time may think twice the next time they have a really good deal to post. If someone makes a mistake just tell them, minus the attitude. Anyone can make a mistake, don't bite someone's head off just because nobody really knows who you are. I wonder if some of these people are really that obnoxious in person or if the anonymity of the internet gives them the nerve.
Oct 18, 2004
397 posts
32 upvotes
kindred_99 wrote: You're so right about that. We talked about it in another thread earlier, there are just so many people waiting around to make a snide comment that others just don't post anything and lurk instead. It seems that any new thread is barraged with comments full of attitude. While I am sometimes annoyed by the endless Staples Sale posts, etc I just ignore them. The person that gets pummeled for trying to help out this time may think twice the next time they have a really good deal to post. If someone makes a mistake just tell them, minus the attitude. Anyone can make a mistake, don't bite someone's head off just because nobody really knows who you are. I wonder if some of these people are really that obnoxious in person or if the anonymity of the internet gives them the nerve.
I couldn't agree more. One might wonder how much better these forums would be without such ignorant and useless posting. If you don't have anything nice to say...

I understand wanting to correct the OP for making a mistake, but surely it can be done in a polite and civilised way. Thanks for posting, OP.
[OP]
Dec 14, 2009
48 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver, Canada
Ha! Someone added a hilarious tag to my original post to highlight my original oversight!

"xbox 360 for $18.97? wow!"

It was pretty dumb of me... I mean, there must have been thousands of people who immediately thought Costco was selling XBOX 360 consoles for $18.97! So careless of me. If I saw that in the forum, I might just assume it was the price for a game, but that's just me.

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up. Well, maybe not everyone... Maybe it was just one person, but still. In fact, I bet even they knew it wasn't $18.97 for a console, but has been waiting for this opportunity for a while, and jumped at the chance. In this case, you're welcome. :)

Despite all this silliness, I very much appreciate RFD, and encourage readers to post those great deals! I don't want to miss them, and I won't make you feel dumb for making a simple mistake!
Nov 5, 2007
105 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary
Too bad I wasn't a costco member or I'd be off work picking up fallout 3. Thanks OP. Your post looks perfect now so ignore those whiners.
Feb 16, 2010
405 posts
55 upvotes
Victoria
@OP, exactly. Just try to follow the posted guidelines (price, link, details etc) and help pitch into this otherwise great community.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5239 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto
For anyone that doesn't have a Costco account, Walmart is also selling L4DGOTY for $18.xx in their mouse trap racks.

OP I think you gave a few people a heart attack with your original posting but come on, who wouldn't think that it was a typo?
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2126 posts
270 upvotes
Summerland
I also saw Fallout 3 for $20 at walmart. Futureshop also dropped the price of fallout 3 to $20 as well. I wish the game of the year edition would drop in price.
Banned
Dec 12, 2005
9328 posts
804 upvotes
GP Legend wrote: I also saw Fallout 3 for $20 at walmart. Futureshop also dropped the price of fallout 3 to $20 as well. I wish the game of the year edition would drop in price.
I wish the Platinum Hits version included some DLC, like Mass Effect, Fable 2, LBP (GH), etc.
Jul 13, 2009
461 posts
189 upvotes
GP Legend wrote: I also saw Fallout 3 for $20 at walmart. Futureshop also dropped the price of fallout 3 to $20 as well. I wish the game of the year edition would drop in price.
Best Buy had the PS3 GOTY edition on sale for $15 (iirc that price... it was $10-20) earlier in the spring/summer. I remember being pretty excited, and then people telling me the GOTY edition is buggier than reg edition, so i didn't end up picking it up.
Apr 8, 2009
90 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
I saw Alan Wake at Costco for $40. I think it's the lowest price I've seen for Alan Wake. Also, where can i find the Fable 2 Platinum Hits? they only have the regular edition here for $20
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
962 upvotes

Thanks for the post bro...RFD doesn't really have a reputation as being a good community.
Apr 24, 2007
482 posts
9 upvotes
I just checked the games at the Costco near warden and hwy 7 and they have xbox 360 and ps3 games for $18.99.

some notables I saw were oblivion elder scrolls (360) and assassins creed 2 (ps3). only one or two copies of each.

YMMV, selection was not that great.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)