Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Firman 2000/1600W Recoil Start Portable Inverter Generato $299.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2023 3:09 pm
[OP]
Jul 18, 2014
720 posts
1648 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON

[Costco] Firman 2000/1600W Recoil Start Portable Inverter Generato $299.99

good price if you need a small Inverter Generator

BrandFirman
Dimensions: W x D x H38.1 cm x 55.12 cm x 46.99 cm (15 in. x 21.7 in. x 18.5 in.)
Fuel Capacity3.41 L (0.9 Gallon)
Fuel TypeGasoline
Generator TypeInverter
ModelW01682
Noise Level54 dB
Peak Wattage1,600 W
Power SourceGas
Start TypeRecoil Start
Weight24.49 kg (54 lb.)
Images
  • imageService[1].jpg
Last edited by pman113 on Dec 9th, 2022 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
146 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19881 posts
2641 upvotes
This is a very good deal for a 2KW inverter generator.

Hell even the regular price is a good deal.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2011
1570 posts
1671 upvotes
Toronto
If this won’t even run a 1000w microwave for 45 secs before overload light comes on and kills power based on Costco review I just read, what other use is it during a power outage besides being a very big UPS for electronics as it’s an inverter generator for clean power…

At least it can run parallel with another unit and no special kit required but then at $600 you have other choices
Nov 6, 2007
78 posts
47 upvotes
Calgary
BoredAtWork wrote: If this won’t even run a 1000w microwave for 45 secs before overload light comes on and kills power based on Costco review I just read, what other use is it during a power outage besides being a very big UPS for electronics as it’s an inverter generator for clean power…

At least it can run parallel with another unit and no special kit required but then at $600 you have other choices
This isn't really a unit to rely on for power outages. This would be more beneficial for camping or charging power tools in an area without power.
Oct 18, 2017
718 posts
1425 upvotes
New Brunswick
Steal of a deal. Seems great for extended power outages in the winter, even if just to keep the sump pumps going if need be.
Nov 13, 2003
164 posts
11 upvotes
i bought it last october for 399, i assume return is allowed under 90 days ,right ? time to re-order then ...
awesome for the price by the way
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
2150 posts
753 upvotes
just bought it, no way I will defer it again, almost buy it for 399$
<signature removed>
May 26, 2014
243 posts
317 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
BoredAtWork wrote: If this won’t even run a 1000w microwave for 45 secs before overload light comes on and kills power based on Costco review I just read, what other use is it during a power outage besides being a very big UPS for electronics as it’s an inverter generator for clean power…
We bought it to keep fridges/freezers alive and to light the furnace. Would also be good for sump pumps and other vital equipment.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3933 posts
6294 upvotes
Langley, BC
how do you connect this to your house to run fridges, furnace etc? or do you just have lots of extension cords running around?
Oct 18, 2017
718 posts
1425 upvotes
New Brunswick
steven80 wrote: how do you connect this to your house to run fridges, furnace etc? or do you just have lots of extension cords running around?
This is a 120, so no (safe) way to hook this into your electrical panel. You’d need a 240v generator and proper equipment to do that.

Extension cords would be the go to / recommended method for this generator.
Feb 27, 2021
147 posts
174 upvotes
steven80 wrote: how do you connect this to your house to run fridges, furnace etc? or do you just have lots of extension cords running around?
Extension cords. Power devices as absolutely needed. A couple of hours for frig/freezer, then TV/DVD, some lights, etc. This unit could do that, barely, provided you're not at altitude.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
3101 posts
2043 upvotes
ontario
thanks I hmmed and hawwed at 399. placing order at 299
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5118 posts
2853 upvotes
GTA
The legal way to do it is with a transfer switch, the illegal way is to turn off your main breaker and plug in the generator into an outlet but you'll only power half of your panel.
Nov 13, 2019
31 posts
32 upvotes
My use case is powering tools on the construction site and mobile power on a large rural property. I was looking at a Honda 2200w unit at 5x this price but instead ordered two of these units.

They are way underpowered, but have the advantage of portability. They also seem to come with parallel cables and a 30A outlet. I don't have a trailer and lifting a bulky 90lb+ unit in and out of my van is a recipe for injury, I'd rather use two of these.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2011
1570 posts
1671 upvotes
Toronto
cfricker wrote: This isn't really a unit to rely on for power outages. This would be more beneficial for camping or charging power tools in an area without power.
pencil364 wrote: We bought it to keep fridges/freezers alive and to light the furnace. Would also be good for sump pumps and other vital equipment.
Thanks for the use cases

Hmm I don’t have have any ICE vehicles anymore so was thinking of dual fuel and keeping a propane tank or two in backyard for initial use before going to get gas

Tri fuel would be cool too but I’d then have to pay someone to tap into my natural gas fireplace for an outside outlet

Anyone else thinking of propane/NG powered inverters or have experience with them?
Oct 18, 2017
718 posts
1425 upvotes
New Brunswick
shabby wrote: The legal way to do it is with a transfer switch, the illegal way is to …
Illegal, Dangerous, Stupid, etc.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
3101 posts
2043 upvotes
ontario
the primary use case for this unit for us will be extended camping/cabin trips where no power is available - charge the deep cycles in my boat, run/charge whatever consumer electronics my son cannot live without, run the lights etc.

the secondary use is power outtages at home, where I really only need to be able to run a sump pump and/or a fridge. we have wood heat as an auxillary heat source and gas stove so don't need a big generator for power outtages.