Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Firman 3300 inverter generator $599

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2018 7:00 pm
Mar 30, 2005
143 posts
28 upvotes
Bowmanville
Just did online price match with HD. Took 20 mins - they wouldn't price match with the Masterpass $20 off the Costco price. Still a decent deal.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5639 upvotes
Muskoka
Costco one just got delivered
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
2014 posts
665 upvotes
Calgary
Headbeancounter wrote: In your order confirmation email, click on "estimated ship dates" and you should see the reduced price.
Dead on correct. Thanks.
Dec 3, 2006
530 posts
302 upvotes
Craven
hoponpop wrote: Pardon my ignorance but a generator for camping?? WTF?? Why would you need electricity, let alone a massive generator when camping? Maybe what you really need is a HOTEL.
I'll be using the generator to run my A/C, fridge and lights while camping in my truck camper. You putz.
Nov 28, 2012
65 posts
38 upvotes
GTA
ZxExN wrote: I'm starting to see that.. An option would be to go down to the states and pick up a Briggs and Stratton Q6500 which is $1200 USD (very limited retailers here who sells this model in Canada).
I've been waiting for this model to be available here for the last 6 months, but there seems to be several delays getting it CSA approved for sale in Canada.
The last update I got from a local supplier was *hopefully* June/July. I've pretty much given up and am now considering x2 of these Firman units.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
2014 posts
665 upvotes
Calgary
mvranas wrote: I've been waiting for this model to be available here for the last 6 months, but there seems to be several delays getting it CSA approved for sale in Canada.
The last update I got from a local supplier was *hopefully* June/July. I've pretty much given up and am now considering x2 of these Firman units.
Can I ask what you would need 2 of these in parallel for?

50 Amp 5th wheel with 2/3 ACs?
Nov 28, 2012
65 posts
38 upvotes
GTA
MafiaHitman wrote: Can I ask what you would need 2 of these in parallel for?

50 Amp 5th wheel with 2/3 ACs?
A couple large outdoor events this Summer.
May not run them in parallel, haven't decided. May be better to have them at two different locations for accessability.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2756 posts
1630 upvotes
Ontario
Got mine delivered yesterday from Homedepot, it was left behind my boat without any email notice, I was surprised to find it there because the order confirmation said I would get it by June 11. It could have been sitting there all weekend long in the rain or, worse, stolen!
Currently happy customer with Koodo, Roger and Virgin Mobile.
Aug 18, 2016
279 posts
346 upvotes
TomLafinsky wrote: Get a dremel and carve your name and phone number on the gen. Another trick to reduce the interest of thieves is to paint it before carving your name. Use an oil-based paint so it can't be easily removed. The same trick applies to any piece of equipment you own. Paint your aluminum ladder pink and blue and nobody will ever be interested in stealing it ;)
Only problem is several years down the road i may want to upgrade to a different model or buy different size, putting a painted item on kijiji isn't going to fetch top dollar.
Aug 18, 2016
279 posts
346 upvotes
TomLafinsky wrote: I understand your point, but having it stolen will put an even bigger dent in your budget ;) It is a decision one has to make. One thing for sure, painting it and carving personal info on it is drastically impacting the interest of any would-be thief. It will have close to zero value for resale if stolen. Always make the life of a criminal as unpleasant and as difficult as possible.
Or buy a good lock and chain
Jul 15, 2003
911 posts
637 upvotes
Ottawa
philharmonic wrote: Credit card warranty doesn’t cover anything with a motor.
I looked this up in the BMO MasterCard Agreement and there is no mention of a general "engine/motor" exemption. Motorized vehicles are exempt, and maybe the generator could be excluded if it is considered an accessory attached to a trailer... but that's a stretch.

Here are the exclusions from the agreement:

3.3.2 Extended Warranty Exclusions and Limitations
In addition to the General Exclusions and Limitations these specific exclusions and limitations apply to Extended Warranty benefits.
• Extended warranty benefits end automatically when the original manufacturer ceases to carry on business for any reason whatsoever.
• The following items are not covered:
- used and/or pre-owned items, newly purchased items that have been rebuilt, refurbished or returned and re-sold;
- automobiles, trailers, motorcycles, motorboats, or accessories attached to or mounted on such property, airplanes, motor scooters, snow blowers, riding lawnmowers, golf carts, lawn tractors, motorized wheelchairs or any other motorized vehicles except for miniature electrically powered vehicles intended for children or any of their respective parts or accessories; and
- items with a lifetime warranty.
• The extended warranty applies only to any parts and/or labour costs resulting from mechanical breakdown or failure of a covered item, or any other obligations that were specifically covered under the terms of the original manufacturer’s warranty that is valid in Canada. The Operations Centre, may, at its sole option, elect to replace the item should it prove to be less expensive than the cost of repair.

Please note:
This insurance reflects the terms and conditions of the original manufacturer’s warranty. Therefore, if the original warranty did not have the option for replacement instead of repair, this insurance will not have the option of replacement.

3.3.3 General Exclusions and Limitations
• Claims resulting from the following are not covered:
- fraud;
- abuse;
- hostilities of any kind (including but not limited to war, invasion, rebellion, insurrection);
- confiscation by authorities, risks of contraband, illegal activities;
- delay, loss of use, or consequential damages;
- normal wear and tear, gradual deterioration;
- loss or damage while undergoing any installation process or while being worked on, where damage results from such installation process or work;
- insects or vermin;
- flood, earthquake, radioactive contamination;
- setting, expansion or contraction, bulging, buckling or cracking, temperature changes, freezing, heating, atmospheric changes, dampness or dryness, evaporation and/or leakage of contents, exposure to light, change in texture, finish or colour, rust or corrosion;
- loss or damage to sports equipment and/or goods due to the use thereof;
- Mysterious Disappearance;
- inherent product defects;
- one of a kind items that cannot be replaced; and
- products purchased with an unconditional guarantee.
• The combined lifetime maximum of Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty insurance benefits is $60,000 per Account.
• Eligible items that You give as a Gift are covered, however You, not the recipient, must make the claim for benefits.
• Theft from a vehicle or residence when evidence of forcible entry is not apparent regardless of whether or not all entry points were locked.
• Bodily injury, property damages, consequential damages, punitive damages, exemplary damages, attorney’s fees and other ancillary costs are not covered.
• No other person or entity shall have any right, remedy or claim (legal or equitable) to these benefits. You shall not assign these benefits other than benefits for Gifts as expressly provided in this Certificate of Insurance.

• Benefits are only available to the extent that the item in question is not otherwise protected or insured in whole or in part. Benefits are in excess of all other applicable valid insurance, indemnity protection or warranty available to You in respect of the item subject to the claim. We will only be liable for the excess of the amount of the loss or damage over the amount covered under such other insurance, indemnity or protection and for the amount of any applicable deductible, only if all other insurance has been exhausted and subject to the exclusions, terms and limits of liability set out in this Certificate of Insurance. This coverage will not apply as contributing insurance and this “non-contribution” provision shall prevail despite any “non-contribution” provision in other insurance, indemnity or protection policies or contracts.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1119 posts
271 upvotes
Just PM at homedepot through their website chat, thanks OP
Dec 26, 2013
16 posts
3 upvotes
Aurora
How does this firman generator compare to the briggs and straton gen that was just on sale at canadian tire?
Got that at $499 and a $20 off card.

I don't have a camper. Just looking to have as a backup during blackouts.

Thanks for any input.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Imago wrote: I'll be using the generator to run my A/C, fridge and lights while camping in my truck camper. You putz.
Lol, I always have to correct myself when I tell people we're going "camping" when we're taking our travel trailer to a Provincial Park, "RVing" I guess.

I'm considering one of these if I ever do a non-electrical site. How much gas on average per day?
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1295 posts
568 upvotes
North York, ON
AncasterRFD wrote: Lol, I always have to correct myself when I tell people we're going "camping" when we're taking our travel trailer to a Provincial Park, "RVing" I guess.

I'm considering one of these if I ever do a non-electrical site. How much gas on average per day?
Don't know the"mpg" but do know that an inverter gen engine will cycle up or down depending on the load so there's a savings in gas and less noisey. Reg Gens always run at full speed.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
TomLafinsky wrote: If by non-electrical site you might mean something like building a cottage in the wood and assuming two guys working, then about $20-$30/day on average. It will vary greatly based on tools connected to gen and how many hours per day you guys work.
No, I mean like a beach/camping site at a Prov Park, fridge will run off propane, no AC use... I guess if just LED lights, shouldn't be much, although if it's raining, kids might watch the TV if we're not hiking in rain or sick of board games, also short microwave use, bluetooth music maybe?

Inverter gens can cycle based on usage and can run super low?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7534 posts
792 upvotes
Toronto
TomLafinsky wrote: If by non-electrical site you might mean something like building a cottage in the wood and assuming two guys working, then about $20-$30/day on average. It will vary greatly based on tools connected to gen and how many hours per day you guys work.
He means by booking a campsite without electrical service and then running a generator all day.

Please don't. Campsites are fairly close together. Be a good neighbour. No generators. If you need power, get it from an electric enabled campsite.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)