Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Firman 4000W Dual Fuel Inverter Generator $800 ($200 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2022 3:55 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
1396 posts
1058 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] Firman 4000W Dual Fuel Inverter Generator $800 ($200 off)

Firman Dual fuel 4000W inverter generator. When I started tracking this item at the beginning of the summer it was $1200. It dropped to $1k and now is $800.

With all this crazy weather, it's good to have some sort of back up solution.

Features:
4000W dual fuel inverter generator
Carbon monoxide shut off
Recoil and electric start
Free cover

Review:
Manufacturer's website. https://firmanpowerequipment.com/products/wh03242

The FIRMAN WH03242 is a 3200 watt 30A electric start RV-ready portable generator for the best of both worlds.

The WH03242 is a part of the Whisper Hybrid Dual Fuel Generator Series. It runs at a quiet 58dB, well below National Park standards, and can use gasoline or propane.

"Just because something is on sale doesn't mean a) you can afford it, b) you should buy it, c) you need it, d) you're not spending far more buying it than not buying it at all"
146 replies
Jun 22, 2020
159 posts
166 upvotes
Thanks for this. Considering this against similar smaller inverter generators (Westinghouse, Champion, Honda) to power fridge, chest freezer and maybe furnace and some electronics during power outages.
Nov 13, 2019
513 posts
1274 upvotes
How are you guys storing fuel for something like this? Bunch of Jerry cans in the garage?
Nov 13, 2019
513 posts
1274 upvotes
JazzGMster30 wrote: Thanks for this. Considering this against similar smaller inverter generators (Westinghouse, Champion, Honda) to power fridge, chest freezer and maybe furnace and some electronics during power outages.
How would you power furnace with a unit like this?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1499 posts
2391 upvotes
Hammonds
Dealliker314159 wrote: How would you power furnace with a unit like this?
Oil fired but needs 12V to run ignition and blower
Aug 16, 2009
716 posts
587 upvotes
Dealliker314159 wrote: How are you guys storing fuel for something like this? Bunch of Jerry cans in the garage?
Yes. I have 4 x 20L Scepter military cans I rotate on a regular basis and keep full.
Also, with this also using propane as well, I'll have 2 propane bottles handy.
Last edited by Dandada on Oct 5th, 2022 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 7, 2003
710 posts
413 upvotes
Damn. I bought the 3200w version earlier this year during the 20% Costco sale so paid the same price as this one now. I don't think this 4000w version was even available at that time.

I plan on using propane as the first fuel source. I've got a few tanks hanging around for our patio heaters already. Propane has a long shelf life too so don't have to worry about fuel stabilizers and other messes that come with keeping gasoline around. I can always siphon gas out from our cars if I run out of propane and can't get gas elsewhere too.
Nov 15, 2007
110 posts
13 upvotes
Ottawa
This one of the parts of using propane, it storages for much longer that gasoline
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
Man I invested a ton in Solar but 2000w inverter. Should I pull the trigger on this as a back up to my back up? Lol
Nov 6, 2007
97 posts
57 upvotes
Calgary
ndiniwachojeff wrote: Firman Dual fuel 4000W inverter generator. When I started tracking this item at the beginning of the summer it was $1200. It dropped to $1k and now is $800.

Features:
4000W dual fuel inverter generator
Carbon monoxide shut off
Recoil and electric start
Free cover

Review:
Manufacturer's website. https://firmanpowerequipment.com/products/wh03242

The FIRMAN WH03242 is a 3200 watt 30A electric start RV-ready portable generator for the best of both worlds.

The WH03242 is a part of the Whisper Hybrid Dual Fuel Generator Series. It runs at a quiet 58dB, well below National Park standards, and can use gasoline or propane.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/relian ... lsrc=aw.ds

Or spring a couple hundred more for a transfer switch for 6 circuits.
Apr 24, 2020
161 posts
193 upvotes
Ottawa
If it had NG option I would be in for 1. It eliminates the storage of fuel issue for me... plus gasoline is crazy expensive to run these on and a pain in the but to get when competing with everyone else at the gas station during an outage.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
TigerKingDeals wrote: If it had NG option I would be in for 1. It eliminates the storage of fuel issue for me... plus gasoline is crazy expensive to run these on and a pain in the but to get when competing with everyone else at the gas station during an outage.
Propane not bad but yes NG would be cool
Aug 6, 2019
183 posts
554 upvotes
audiohs wrote: Damn. I bought the 3200w version earlier this year during the 20% Costco sale so paid the same price as this one now. I don't think this 4000w version was even available at that time.

I plan on using propane as the first fuel source. I've got a few tanks hanging around for our patio heaters already. Propane has a long shelf life too so don't have to worry about fuel stabilizers and other messes that come with keeping gasoline around. I can always siphon gas out from our cars if I run out of propane and can't get gas elsewhere too.
If your local kijiji is anything like mine you can get back pretty much what you paid for that generator
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
Totoriko wrote: Generator not inverter. I actually bought this from Reno Depot for $699 a few months ago
That’s true. Wonder if you can convert the propane to NG some how
Jun 20, 2020
75 posts
114 upvotes
Ah man if only Costco had done a 20% off 1000+ for their appreciation event this would have been an awesome deal. Still a good deal, I might get one... Must resist...