Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Firman 4000W Dual Fuel Inverter Generator $800 ($200 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2022 3:55 pm
Dec 12, 2010
241 posts
172 upvotes
I just looked at this in the states. Its $850USD on costco.com and $800USD in a Costco warehouse.
Last edited by dazman09 on Oct 5th, 2022 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 22, 2015
858 posts
1772 upvotes
Toronto, ON
skoalman123 wrote: Damn no 220
Not usually on inverter generators. It keeps the fuel cost low on inverter generators or something.

User RobFun (How to tag?) made a very good post back in the summertime on Inverter Vs Non-Inverters that I encourage everyone to read

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/generat ... y-2545241/

I personally bought the Tru fuel one as I wanted to run on Natural gas. I've come to find out that there isn't too-too much Dirty power on the Tri-Fuel versions and haven't had any issues yet. Running my Furnace, Phone charging, TV on it.
Sep 25, 2007
539 posts
190 upvotes
Damn, was eyeing the 9400 tri fuel model, but that has vanished from the site...what now. pull trigger or not...
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1151 posts
929 upvotes
Dandada wrote: Yes. I have 4 x 20L Scepter military cans I rotate on a regular basis and keep full.
Also, with this also using propane as well, I'll have 2 propane bottles handy.
I do the same thing.. keep my vehicles full at all times/never let them get below 3/4.

You can also put a natgas quick connect adapter to gas line outside and a couple of propane bbq tanks won't hurt either.

With the way things are going on the international stage I don't think it's unreasonable to be prepared to power ones home especially in our climate. I wouldnt want to deal with frozen plumbing (although if you're smart you would drain the lines before it got to that point but then you have no water)
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2126 posts
2257 upvotes
What's the return policy for generators at costco? I bought a smaller one for pretty much the same price several months back, it's unused and I may return it and buy this one instead
Feb 4, 2007
229 posts
141 upvotes
Ottawa
Paulie1RFD wrote: I installed this earlier this year.
How much does it cost? Did you do it yourself or was it done by the license electrician?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1558 posts
1215 upvotes
QuinteWest
newbie07 wrote: How much does it cost? Did you do it yourself or was it done by the license electrician?
It was on Amazon for about $200. I installed myself. I am very comfortable with 110/120 volt wiring. The manufacturer also has good tutorials. (Videos) .

Only item that was a challenge was checking on the generator itself and whether or not it was bonded neutral or not (switch needs different configuration if its bonded neutral). Firman online chat confirmed what my generater had.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1076 posts
1290 upvotes
NB
rdrexman wrote: Damn, was eyeing the 9400 tri fuel model, but that has vanished from the site...what now. pull trigger or not...
Last spring the tri-fuel was about $700 in-store. Should have bought then.
Propane 30lbs tanks. Unlike gasoline, propane doesn’t go bad.

220V must have, because hot water tank and heat pumps.
"Stuff should not be multiplied without necessity"
Jan 19, 2017
967 posts
1703 upvotes
sks8100 wrote: That’s true. Wonder if you can convert the propane to NG some how
Good question, almost like an adapter for a BBQ that allows you to convert it from Propane to natural gas. This would be pretty interesting!
Aug 16, 2009
694 posts
571 upvotes
RedSwagDeals wrote: Good question, almost like an adapter for a BBQ that allows you to convert it from Propane to natural gas. This would be pretty interesting!
I doubt it would work.
Big difference between just lighting a gas for a BBQ and running an engine.
The engine still isn't setup to run on NG and it's not like conversion kit will it actually convert the gas.
Jul 11, 2005
386 posts
67 upvotes
wildzero wrote: What's the return policy for generators at costco? I bought a smaller one for pretty much the same price several months back, it's unused and I may return it and buy this one instead
Same here...on the fence. Still unused. Higher starting watts, propane and electric start and $200 more than the gas only model... lack of reviews on .ca but some on .com.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1558 posts
1215 upvotes
QuinteWest
Dandada wrote: I doubt it would work.
Big difference between just lighting a gas for a BBQ and running an engine.
The engine still isn't setup to run on NG and it's not like conversion kit will it actually convert the gas.
Correct....and not only that generaters take a lot of BTU. I would find out how much BTU the generater uses and how much capacity you have on existing lines before making any modifiactions. Even then, be sure the modifications will work for your generater. Not only do you want to ensure nothing will explode because safety features might be by-passed or overlooked, but you dont want to ruin a brand new generater if there is wrong gas flow (or other issue).
Penalty Box
Aug 15, 2015
9364 posts
5989 upvotes
ON
Jordanferras wrote: I do the same thing.. keep my vehicles full at all times/never let them get below 3/4.

You can also put a natgas quick connect adapter to gas line outside and a couple of propane bbq tanks won't hurt either.

With the way things are going on the international stage I don't think it's unreasonable to be prepared to power ones home especially in our climate. I wouldnt want to deal with frozen plumbing (although if you're smart you would drain the lines before it got to that point but then you have no water)
Water won't freeze if you leave it running.
Nov 2, 2019
179 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Was eyeballing another Firman but this is better.
Dec 29, 2017
205 posts
141 upvotes
Done and bought.. hopefully I will never use it.
Jan 24, 2011
885 posts
730 upvotes
Montreal / Laval
Happy with my 4500W Champion inventer, a lot of power. Otherwise, I would pull the trigger, this unit has electric starter.
-------------
Public Mobile Cell + Data: Unlimited talk and text + 2GB - 18$
IVC Internet : 100/30M Videotron cable - 40$