Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Firman 4000W Dual Fuel Inverter Generator $800 ($200 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2022 3:55 pm
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1554 posts
1214 upvotes
QuinteWest
sks8100 wrote: This generator will unfortunately not work with a manual transfer switch. The circuit itself keeps overloading causing a power disruption. It may be good for camping but for those looking to connect it to your home through a 6 to 10 circuit switch, it wont work. Confirmed with Firman. oh well I guess I need to look for a new one.
Wouldn't that be the case of transfer switch or not? If there are too many items plugged in and turned on, it would be too much for the generator to power and overload it.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2288 posts
1930 upvotes
Paulie1RFD wrote: Wouldn't that be the case of transfer switch or not? If there are too many items plugged in and turned on, it would be too much for the generator to power and overload it.
I have all circuits off but 2, totally a max of 2000W on. I love this generator but don’t think it’s right for certain use cases
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1554 posts
1214 upvotes
QuinteWest
sks8100 wrote: I have all circuits off but 2, totally a max of 2000W on. I love this generator but don’t think it’s right for certain use cases
Thats kinda strange. Try with one circuit? What did Firman say exactly? Was it outright statement that it will not work with transfer switch?
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2288 posts
1930 upvotes
Paulie1RFD wrote: Thats kinda strange. Try with one circuit? What did Firman say exactly? Was it outright statement that it will not work with transfer switch?
It was a process actually. I spoke to tech support who said it should work but then was moved to a senior tech person who said the plug on this module is a 30 amp 120V outlet. If you put it in an adapter to make it a 4 prong twist it will generate 120V on each leg but not 240 across both hots which was obvious. When you connect it to the switch it’s expecting 240 so it throws it into over voltage error. It may work with those 1-2 circuit switches that only need 120V but not with the reliance 6 or 10V which is a bummer. So I need one that will generate 240V
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1554 posts
1214 upvotes
QuinteWest
sks8100 wrote: It was a process actually. I spoke to tech support who said it should work but then was moved to a senior tech person who said the plug on this module is a 30 amp 120V outlet. If you put it in an adapter to make it a 4 prong twist it will generate 120V on each leg but not 240 across both hots which was obvious. When you connect it to the switch it’s expecting 240 so it throws it into over voltage error. It may work with those 1-2 circuit switches that only need 120V but not with the reliance 6 or 10V which is a bummer. So I need one that will generate 240V
Ah....ya.. I see. Keep watching for inverter generators with 240volt. They do go on sale from time to time. If you want a decent generator Lowes and Rona have a firman for $699 this week. Again not an inverter. It should have 240 volt.

https://www.rona.ca/en/product/firman-e ... nding_page
Last edited by Paulie1RFD on Nov 18th, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2288 posts
1930 upvotes
Paulie1RFD wrote: Ah....ya.. I see. Keep watching for inverter generators with 240volt. They do go on sale from time to time. If you want a decent generator Lowes and Rona have a firman for $699 this week. Again not an inverter. It should have 240 volt.
yeah I'd love an inverter generator that has 240V with about 7500W. I know they are more expensive but it's all good. It pains me to return this one cause I like it so much...
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1554 posts
1214 upvotes
QuinteWest
sks8100 wrote: yeah I'd love an inverter generator that has 240V with about 7500W. I know they are more expensive but it's all good. It pains me to return this one cause I like it so much...
PeavyMart has the Energizer one. They put it on sale quite a bit.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)