Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Firman 9400/7500W Tri Fuel Generator with CO Shut Off - 1119.99 ($280.00 discount)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2022 12:38 pm
[OP]
Feb 3, 2021
16 posts
14 upvotes

[Costco] Firman 9400/7500W Tri Fuel Generator with CO Shut Off - 1119.99 ($280.00 discount)

I've been waiting for this to come back on sale.

Threshold Delivery Included
$280 OFF

Valid for orders placed 12/05/22 to 12/18/22.

Features:
9400/7500W Tri Fuel Generator
Carbon Monoxide Shut Off Feature
8 Gallon Tank – up to 12 Hour Run Time @ 50% Load
120/240W Capability
Cover and Short Cord Adapter Included

Well reviewed as well.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2288 posts
1932 upvotes
neatooo wrote: It only makes a difference if you are running gas or LPG. NG output is the same and chances are people will run this on NG and not move it around, weights 240 lbs
I didnt say this isnt a good generator but the price point of 1399 less the discount to equate to pretty much the everyday low price of a slightly bigger generator makes this an ice cold deal.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1201 posts
5599 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Thanks OP.

This is NOT an inverter generator so you shouldn't use it with any electronics. It's good for vacuums, heaters and power tools.

Many ovens, dishwashers, refrigerators, washing machines and dryers have electronics now, so I wouldn't use it. I would definitely Not connect it to a modern TV or sound system.

I tried to use a Non Inverter generator with a PC once. (I had a UPS with Surge protector so I thought it would be safe.) It did NOT work at all. The UPS's alarm light would blink, and it did NOT supply any power.)
Oct 7, 2017
494 posts
630 upvotes
IslandDeal wrote: Thanks OP.

This is NOT an inverter generator so you shouldn't use it with any electronics. It's good for vacuums, heaters and power tools.

Many ovens, dishwashers, refrigerators, washing machines and dryers have electronics now, so I wouldn't use it. I would definitely Not connect it to a modern TV or sound system.

I tried to use a Non Inverter generator with a PC once. (I had a UPS with Surge protector so I thought it would be safe.) It did NOT work at all. The UPS's alarm light would blink, and it did NOT supply any power.)
What type of generator would be advisable for electronics use? Or is it possible to get an “attachment” of some sort to regulate the voltage? One time I had to replace an electrical panel in the winter. So I decided to connect the fan for the gas furnace to the generator. It usually runs on 115V, i connected it and burned furnaces igniter. After measuring the voltage out of the generatir 115v plug - it wasnt consistent. It was fluctuating between 130-145V.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1558 posts
1215 upvotes
QuinteWest
Pupsik27 wrote: What type of generator would be advisable for electronics use? Or is it possible to get an “attachment” of some sort to regulate the voltage? One time I had to replace an electrical panel in the winter. So I decided to connect the fan for the gas furnace to the generator. It usually runs on 115V, i connected it and burned furnaces igniter. After measuring the voltage out of the generatir 115v plug - it wasnt consistent. It was fluctuating between 130-145V.
You will want an inverter generator. It will be more expensive.
Aug 5, 2005
355 posts
341 upvotes
Pupsik27 wrote: What type of generator would be advisable for electronics use? Or is it possible to get an “attachment” of some sort to regulate the voltage? One time I had to replace an electrical panel in the winter. So I decided to connect the fan for the gas furnace to the generator. It usually runs on 115V, i connected it and burned furnaces igniter. After measuring the voltage out of the generatir 115v plug - it wasnt consistent. It was fluctuating between 130-145V.
You can run a non inverted generator plugged into a sine wave UPS and run your electronics off that for 'clean' electricity.. I have another firman model which also is not an inverter, and have never had an issue, not saying it's the right way to go - but to each their own..
Aug 10, 2013
63 posts
58 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
An inverter generator is what you should use when dealing with sensitive electronics as they have the ability to regulate themselves while running to output "clean" power (minimal fluctuations)

Non inverter generators produce gobs more useable power but is really just for utility(emergency) items...eg....heater coils(furnace/baseboard, water/septic pumps, electric hot water heaters....not limited to those but are the most common. The power produced is not properly regulated (when running and there is a power draw the engine surges up and down creating at times questionable power output levels)

Inverter Pros
- Small much more portable
- Cleanest output power
- Usually quieter

Inverter Cons

- Higher cost
- Portable inverter generators usually don't produce as much useable power as opposed the non inverter models

Myself being rural ...I need the emergency stuff for toilets, shower , water, heat...I have a large portable non inverter generator. I do try to avoid using tv and computer during that time if I need to run but they still work in a pinch...but your gambling. I charge my portable devices phone and tablet and just usually have my router and ISP modem always connected for entertainment purposes
Jul 22, 2015
858 posts
1772 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I bought the Firman tri fuel from Home depot 2 months ago, It's been on sale for awhile now.

No idea if you need a inverter generator. i've never used one, seems like electronics today are pretty lenient when it comes to dirty surges not to mention Firman generators have AVR on them.
Never had an issue with this generator. I've charged my steam deck, My s22 and Milwaukee batteries.
Ran my gas Furnace, fireplace motor, kitchen lights, Drill press, 55" TV, WiFi/Rogers Wireless.
The only thing this Generator didn't appreciate was running my Air compressor on it.

but I do recommend you Change the oil after break in period (40 hours) on a new Generator.

Edit; I should mention, i can't recall the exact hours I have on it by now but I probably have at least 50 hours.
Oct 7, 2017
494 posts
630 upvotes
NineMileRFDR wrote: An inverter generator is what you should use when dealing with sensitive electronics as they have the ability to regulate themselves while running to output "clean" power (minimal fluctuations)

Non inverter generators produce gobs more useable power but is really just for utility(emergency) items...eg....heater coils(furnace/baseboard, water/septic pumps, electric hot water heaters....not limited to those but are the most common. The power produced is not properly regulated (when running and there is a power draw the engine surges up and down creating at times questionable power output levels)

Inverter Pros
- Small much more portable
- Cleanest output power
- Usually quieter

Inverter Cons

- Higher cost
- Portable inverter generators usually don't produce as much useable power as opposed the non inverter models

Myself being rural ...I need the emergency stuff for toilets, shower , water, heat...I have a large portable non inverter generator. I do try to avoid using tv and computer during that time if I need to run but they still work in a pinch...but your gambling. I charge my portable devices phone and tablet and just usually have my router and ISP modem always connected for entertainment purposes

I checked Costco website there seems to be limited wattage on inverter generators. Any good suggestion for 6000-8000 running watts, preferably 240 and 115v and multi fuel. Remote start would be a great feature. Thank you.
Aug 10, 2013
63 posts
58 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Pupsik27 wrote: I checked Costco website there seems to be limited wattage on inverter generators. Any good suggestion for 6000-8000 running watts, preferably 240 and 115v and multi fuel. Remote start would be a great feature. Thank you.
The combo of all above is pretty rare.

There is the Briggs and Stratton Q6500
- 6500 starting watts / 5000 watts running
- Tri Fuel kit available (3rd party) sold separately
- No remote option

Energizer EZV8000/EZV8500
- 8000/8500 starting watts / 6500/6800 watts running
- Trifuel kit unknown (possible 3rd party)
- No remote start option

You are correct most other inverter generators are 4500w or less...just how they are...and the options I've listed above are fairly pricey if available.

Now ..on a side note most of those lower wattage generators you can buy a link kit and you can connect 2 of them together to increase your power

Eg...2 Briggs P3400 inverter generators linked together or 2 Firman 3600w connected ...or 2 Champion inverter generators linked together, Or 2 Generac IQ 3200....you would need the specific link kit for the brand of generator you selected.

Those still may not be financially beneficial options or enough power to suit your needs.
Feb 13, 2021
546 posts
544 upvotes
Is this model CO warning or CO shut off and does it have an override? In blustery weather I would put my generator in my detached garage with the big door open a crack for oxygen. Yes, the garage would be uninhabitable but I air it out before refueling.