Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Firman W01781 2,100W Gas Powered Inverter Generator $459.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2020 9:13 pm
14 replies
Aug 24, 2018
846 posts
1149 upvotes
Langley BC
Nice find and great price.
Don..
Jan 10, 2005
530 posts
254 upvotes
I have one, paid 499, so this is a good price. Just be advised it will not start your high load motorised tools. I would say anything with a motor, 10a or less, you are good to go. It will not start my 8 gallon or 20 gallon compressor, goes into overload. Fine on my Ridgid large shopvac, but you can hear the strain (will not start it in eco mode).

If I had not needed it urgently, and knowing what I know now, I would have waited for the Westinghouse pro 2500W. Probably has just enough juice to start any 15a or less 120V appliances.
Aug 24, 2018
846 posts
1149 upvotes
Langley BC
To start some high draw tools if possible you can feather the trigger a bit to slowly bring it up to speed. Has worked on my champion 2k 1600...
Don..
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14471 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Great price for this size of inverter generator. I like these better for lower draw items that benefit from cleaner power like electronics. Plus they are easily portable and quieter. You just need to be realistic as to what they can power effectively.

Whereas the bigger more powerful conventional generators for items than require big start up draws.

You can’t even get an inverter generator used for this price. So this is a good deal.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5427 posts
5283 upvotes
GTA
paintballdude05 wrote: They should, Costco is a B&M store.
But they refuse it based on Costco's required membership fee. Other B&M stores don't charge entry.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1569 posts
1156 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote: But they refuse it based on Costco's required membership fee. Other B&M stores don't charge entry.
Members have been successful in the past, per posts in past generator threads. I guess its YMMV.
Nov 27, 2020
17 posts
22 upvotes
Hello all, long time looker on this site but first post here!
I tried this morning to price match with HD customer service.
They refused not because it was Costco but because it is a limited time sale price.
They seemed to have no problem with Costco until they notice it was on sale.
Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
3097 posts
1514 upvotes
QC, Canada
anyone took a screenshot of the product page ? Thanks !
Aug 21, 2019
830 posts
609 upvotes
BC
Missed the sale. When do you guys think the next one will come back?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1569 posts
1329 upvotes
Toronto
DonM28020 wrote: To start some high draw tools if possible you can feather the trigger a bit to slowly bring it up to speed. Has worked on my champion 2k 1600...
If this is anything like the Honda 2k inverter then high starting loads should be no problem. That thing could start a clapped out vacuum along with a Pvc heater at the same time. Great little vaccum. I got the Firman conventional 3600 watt. Kind of wish this was available, better choice for my needs.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)