Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Firman W03081 3,300 W Gasoline Powered Inverter Generator - $599.99 ($540 with HD PM)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2019 9:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5311 posts
1050 upvotes
Calgary
Discoboy1 wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 2:21 pm
You can PM home Depot for 10% reduction on top
you can try but the home depot is a different model number so YMMV

the home depot has electric and remote start, costco one is basic pull start
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3000 posts
2336 upvotes
Muskoka
Officially HD will match sale prices (no 10% extra) and only give 10% off of regular pricing if competitors price is lower than HD. But often employees don't even know this and have given 10% off of the sale price as well.
Koodo
Public Mobile
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5311 posts
1050 upvotes
Calgary
spotts01 wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 3:27 pm
Officially HD will match sale prices (no 10% extra) and only give 10% off of regular pricing if competitors price is lower than HD. But often employees don't even know this and have given 10% off of the sale price as well.
yeah i called in, took them half an hour because the supervisor had to approve it and he was in a meeting, but he did it with the 10%
Feb 20, 2011
744 posts
194 upvotes
I would personally pay an extra 60$ for Costco return policy & peace of mind!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5311 posts
1050 upvotes
Calgary
bobbyg9 wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 3:58 pm
I would personally pay an extra 60$ for Costco return policy & peace of mind!
Home depot actually has great returns as well, i have never had a hassle returning stuff there.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6848 posts
2943 upvotes
ON
T3rry wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 4:08 pm
Home depot actually has great returns as well, i have never had a hassle returning stuff there.
Yeah , but small engines are a different kind of animal when it comes to returns. They would make you go through the manufacturer warranty unless there was something wrong with it from the get go(dropped, damaged etc).
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
1564 posts
1831 upvotes
Toronto
dilligafeh wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 4:36 pm
Yeah , but small engines are a different kind of animal when it comes to returns. They would make you go through the manufacturer warranty unless there was something wrong with it from the get go(dropped, damaged etc).
I don’t think they can force you if you are within the return time. They can maybe make it a little bit more difficult but once you argue a little bit Home Depot has to stand behind what they sell
Feb 20, 2011
744 posts
194 upvotes
Bought a snowblower at Home Depot, put gas in it and carb bowl start3 leaking instantly. Returned it and it was a pain. 35 mins of argument. As soon as you put gas you are SOL.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6848 posts
2943 upvotes
ON
sonyminidiscman wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 7:47 pm
I don’t think they can force you if you are within the return time. They can maybe make it a little bit more difficult but once you argue a little bit Home Depot has to stand behind what they sell
You'd better read their return policies on gas engines. Whether they let you return it or not is completely up to them, but written policy says otherwise.
"Holiday décor items, air conditioners, generators, furniture, televisions,
printers, computers and unused gas powered equipment must be returned within 30 days of delivery or in-store purchase. Any product damage and/or defects must be reported within 30 days.

Major appliances are non-returnable. Items should be inspected thoroughly at the time of delivery. If you are not satisfied, refuse the item before signing the delivery receipt. Be sure to report any product defects or damages with the delivery agent. Damages must be reported within 48 hours of delivery. After 48 hours, you may visit your local store or call 1-800-759-2054 for assistance.

Used lawn tractors, lawn mowers, snow throwers and gas powered equipment (excluding generators) will be repaired if possible in accordance with manufacturer's warranty through a manufacturer authorized service contractor. Please contact the Customer Care Centre at 1-800-628-0525 for further information.

Not sure whether that bit about generators being excluded is good or bad as it doesn't seem to specify why generators are being excluded from their policy.
Nonetheless, it's up to their discretion whether they will accept a return or just point you to the manufacturer and let you deal with them.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1528 posts
504 upvotes
gerogesin wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 12:49 pm
I have thi exact one and paid the exact price. Been very happy with it. I highly recommend changing the oil after the first 10hrs of use as recommended and get an ngk plug.

I thought about going dual fuel but the complexity when it comes to servicing wasn't worth the trouble to me.

Cant go wrong with 600$.

You really don’t want to be that guy running a generator (no matter how quiet) at a provincial park. Get a site with electricity, or better yet just go with propane equipment.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
1564 posts
1831 upvotes
Toronto
razrsharp wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 10:18 pm
You really don’t want to be that guy running a generator (no matter how quiet) at a provincial park. Get a site with electricity, or better yet just go with propane equipment.
lol u dont think i tired? i logged at at 12AM 6 months before my arrival date to book from Monday to Friday. Its already all gone. Why? Because you can book 6 months ahead for 4 weeks... and then cancel the first 3 week of reservation by paying a penalty. ie... if you really want last week of July, you log on in Jan 1 to book July 1st till Aug 1st. then you call in Feb 1 to modify your booking to last week of july only. So for someone to log in during last week of Jan to book last week of july, its almost not possible unless you want one right next to an outhouse.

By the time its said and done, a night at the campground with electricity cost almost 80 bucks a night. I might as well spend another bit of cash for a b&b or Inn...

I've know my way around camping, never needed electricity. However, with a baby, I just wanna be prepared. but if it makes a ton of noise, then i will probably try and "steal" some electricity during the day from washrooms to charge my batteries... I have a couple 5 amp chargers, should make quick work charging them back up
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5311 posts
1050 upvotes
Calgary
sonyminidiscman wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 10:32 pm
lol u dont think i tired? i logged at at 12AM 6 months before my arrival date to book from Monday to Friday. Its already all gone. Why? Because you can book 6 months ahead for 4 weeks... and then cancel the first 3 week of reservation by paying a penalty. ie... if you really want last week of July, you log on in Jan 1 to book July 1st till Aug 1st. then you call in Feb 1 to modify your booking to last week of july only. So for someone to log in during last week of Jan to book last week of july, its almost not possible unless you want one right next to an outhouse.

By the time its said and done, a night at the campground with electricity cost almost 80 bucks a night. I might as well spend another bit of cash for a b&b or Inn...

I've know my way around camping, never needed electricity. However, with a baby, I just wanna be prepared. but if it makes a ton of noise, then i will probably try and "steal" some electricity during the day from washrooms to charge my batteries... I have a couple 5 amp chargers, should make quick work charging them back up
if you're that worried the just bring some booster cables, charge the batts straight off the vehicle's alternator... or just have an inverter in the vehicle, start the vehicle, use the inverter for whatever the need.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
1721 posts
310 upvotes
Calgary
So I got this last year with the Home Depot price match. I bought it specifically to run our 30A trailer. I did the 5-10 hour run, drain oil thing as was recommended.

I basically used this once, and it said I was over using it (correct term is overloaded I guess), so it cut supplying power to the trailer even though it was running.

Never used it again, searched online what the issue could be, but no luck.

Anyone else have this issue? I have read online and reviews how this will power a trailer with AC with no issues, but yet it won't for me (I only have a 13,000 AC not 15,000). All we were running was AC, nothing else.

It seems to run fine when nothing is plugged in, it's quiet, maybe I am doing something wrong, but I just don;t see how, it's basically plug the 30A cable in.

I can't say for sure how hot it was outside that day, but I don't think it was over 25C