[Costco] Fitness Reality 1000 Plus Rower $400

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2020 6:45 pm
[OP]
Apr 13, 2005
428 posts
94 upvotes

[Costco] Fitness Reality 1000 Plus Rower $400

Pretty decent reviews on Amazon. Not sure if available for less in store.
All time low was 370 per ccc on boxing day
31 replies
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1469 posts
372 upvotes
Westcoast
anyone have one of these? Price seems decent.
"Shorty wanna be a thug" -2pac
Mar 11, 2013
68 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Curious about the quality of this. Does anyone own one?

What is Costco's return policy when it comes to fitness equipment?

Edit: Just ordered it. Will report back in about 2 weeks with an update on the quality!
Last edited by alnewf on May 18th, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 29, 2010
20 posts
4 upvotes
Montréal
Just ordered one, can't wait to test it! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Reviews are pretty good on the Web
Feb 24, 2020
17 posts
2 upvotes
Montreal
2Sedins1Cup wrote: anyone have one of these? Price seems decent.
Everyone in rowing goes for Concept2 and their production is limited right now. Concept2 can handle the abuse. This one doesn't seem to use the chain, so be careful it might snap if you abuse it.
Aug 17, 2008
495 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
alnewf wrote: Curious about the quality of this. Does anyone own one?

What is Costco's return policy when it comes to fitness equipment?
Hoping it's 90 days+

I purchased a similar device off Amazon. Manufacturer was : Sunny.

Going to return that and check this out
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4417 posts
1635 upvotes
I have a cheapie rower from Walmart and of course the ideal is to get a Concept2, but not everyone wants to shell out that kind of money.

Honestly, I've been enjoying mine and I'd say it's just an uglier version of this Costco one. I can appreciate the cardio and total body aspect of it and I just watch a show and tune out. Wear a heart rate monitor and keep yourself within a certain threshold and it's even better.

Since it's Costco it's pretty worry-free. Worth giving a shot.
Aug 17, 2008
495 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
aaa111 wrote: Pretty decent reviews on Amazon. Not sure if available for less in store.
All time low was 370 per ccc on boxing day
I couldn't see this item on amazon to read the reviews....is there a link? thanks
Aug 17, 2008
495 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
RiCHC3 wrote: I have a cheapie rower from Walmart and of course the ideal is to get a Concept2, but not everyone wants to shell out that kind of money.

Honestly, I've been enjoying mine and I'd say it's just an uglier version of this Costco one. I can appreciate the cardio and total body aspect of it and I just watch a show and tune out. Wear a heart rate monitor and keep yourself within a certain threshold and it's even better.

Since it's Costco it's pretty worry-free. Worth giving a shot.
wow! over $1500! I got a crappy $365 version from amazon. at the highest level, there isnt enough tension.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3403 posts
1713 upvotes
pererac wrote: wow! over $1500! I got a crappy $365 version from amazon. at the highest level, there isnt enough tension.
I don't know which machine you are using, but out of curiousity, are you experienced in rowing? Most people think they need more tension on their rowing machine when they really don't. It may not feel like much, but if you were to row any significant distance at low tension compared to what you might think is the appropriate (but actually higher than necessary) tension, you will have faster times at the low tension and put less strain on your back.
Jun 30, 2016
69 posts
53 upvotes
Ottawa
Out of stock. Jesus, I take 15 minutes to do some research and it's already gone. :-(
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4417 posts
1635 upvotes
pererac wrote: wow! over $1500! I got a crappy $365 version from amazon. at the highest level, there isnt enough tension.
I find using a Tabata Timer or alike (( Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... bata&hl=en )) works well to make up for it.
Basically go HARD for X seconds then more casually for Y seconds and rotate.

I would like more tension too, not necessarily for the rowing aspect, but sometimes I like using it just for arm workouts even if it's not entirely ideal.