Food & Drink

Costco foodcourt crispy chicken sandwich

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2021 12:48 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
4880 posts
3771 upvotes
NoFrillBill wrote: I was neither impressed nor disappointed with the sandwhich. They seemed to sell many of them while I was awaiting mine. It was made to order, so that was a plus. It could have used a bit more sauce or better distribution. The cheese bun didn't seem out of place but it is no where as good as the brioche bun used by Popeyes for their sammy. The portion was okay. As others have stated in the thread, it could use pickles or something else to make it better. For the price I doubt I would reorder. Using Popeyes as a measuring stick, I give it a 5/10. If they added pickles and used a different bun it could be a 6/10.
Never tried Popeyes...isn't that the place where there was a shortage for some reason and there was a shooting over getting the last sandwich? I'm kind of enticed but I don't really eat chicken...anyone know if their flounder sandwich is any good?
Deal Addict
May 10, 2007
1300 posts
582 upvotes
Etobicoke
hierophant wrote: Never tried Popeyes...isn't that the place where there was a shortage for some reason and there was a shooting over getting the last sandwich? I'm kind of enticed but I don't really eat chicken...anyone know if their flounder sandwich is any good?
Yes. I would opt for Popeyes over the Costco one if it was a one off. They got it right with their sandwhich. Popeyes is very filling, where as the Costco one I could have had a second. Never tried the flounder sandwhich. I've seen it as a BOGO deal on Uber at a few locations.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5900 posts
1677 upvotes
Mississauga
NoFrillBill wrote: Yes. I would opt for Popeyes over the Costco one if it was a one off. They got it right with their sandwhich. Popeyes is very filling, where as the Costco one I could have had a second. Never tried the flounder sandwhich. I've seen it as a BOGO deal on Uber at a few locations.
i enjoyed the flounder sandwich... good portion compared to other fish sandwiches at fast food...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5340 posts
4391 upvotes
I finally got around to trying it today at around lunch time at RH Costco

I enjoyed it and it's a pretty hefty sandwich, I liked the bun moreso than regular buns at like Chik fil a, Mary browns or even the brioche style bun at Popeyes

Coating was crunchy, reasonably juicy and I liked the sauce, I agree some pickles will be better, don't think it needs lettuce or tomato as it's not really like a grilled chicken sandwich which imo benefits more

Having said that, not sure how often I'll get it because it's too big to be a snack and a meal of just a sandwich is boring and I'll probably use up two days of calories if I get a Costco poutine with it lol
20210504_135947.jpg
Jul 26, 2016
195 posts
63 upvotes
This sandwich is apparently available at the Vancouver location now (Stadium SkyTrain station). I called the Costcos in Burnaby and it sounds like they're still testing the sandwich out so it's not available at all locations yet.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1654 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
NoFrillBill wrote: Just about to tear into this. Will post my thoughts in a bit.
It doesn't look that good at all. Better than a McDonald's one, but not by much.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1654 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
Ducky wrote: i enjoyed the flounder sandwich... good portion compared to other fish sandwiches at fast food...
My local Popeye's is not carrying the flounder.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1250 posts
773 upvotes
Vancouver
doctorcru wrote: This sandwich is apparently available at the Vancouver location now (Stadium SkyTrain station). I called the Costcos in Burnaby and it sounds like they're still testing the sandwich out so it's not available at all locations yet.
I have seen it on the menu in Richmond too. I ordered one from the Downtown Vancouver location today. The chicken was hot and crispy. The bun was very dry and chewy, making the whole thing difficult to swallow. Definitely cannot recommend!
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
10183 posts
72410 upvotes
Ontario
They have a new item.
1 word to describe it = %*&%$@@#*&$&@!*$(!*@$&!@*$^!@()$@$

wasted my precious $5. Just get their hotdog.

Moral of the story. Never cheat on your lover because you saw something new and beautiful in a picture.
My lover (hotdog).
My affair (chicken patty).

It was an expensive mistake but I learned my lesson. I'm sorry hotdog.....

0 (1).JPG
0 (2).JPG
0 (3).JPG
0 (4).JPG
0 (5).JPG
0 (6).JPG
0 (7).JPG
0 (8).JPG
0 (9).JPG
0 (10).JPG
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
17075 posts
14455 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Thatdealguy wrote: They have a new item.
1 word to describe it = %*&%$@@#*&$&@!*$(!*@$&!@*$^!@()$@$

wasted my precious $5. Just get their hotdog.

Moral of the story. Never cheat on your lover because you saw something new and beautiful in a picture.
My lover (hotdog).
My affair (chicken patty).

It was an expensive mistake but I learned my lesson. I'm sorry hotdog.....

0 (1).JPG0 (2).JPG0 (3).JPG0 (4).JPG0 (5).JPG0 (6).JPG0 (7).JPG0 (8).JPG0 (9).JPG0 (10).JPG
Great info ... I won’t waste my money

But seriously ... how many Costco threads do we truly need in the Forums ?

Hopefully the Mods will merge with a previous Costco one in the FOOD & DRINK FORUM

UPDATE ... and they did. Awesome Mods.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
13786 posts
8489 upvotes
Markham
yesstyle wrote: Canada costco should have the chicken bake. Does anyone know why we dont?
Chicken bake...I'm pretty sure we had that here as well for a while.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11893 posts
1714 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: Chicken bake...I'm pretty sure we had that here as well for a while.
I've never seen it in Canada before.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
6411 posts
2433 upvotes
I tried the Costco & Popeyes relatively close to each, just a few days apart. The Popeyes is $1 more ($6 vs $5, + tax in-store price). The Popeyes isn't amazing or anything but its well worth the extra $1, I don't think Costco's can compete (its not horrible, but I wouldn't order it again). Chicken sandwiches are all $6 + tax or more everywhere in Ont these days, so I don't have a problem with Costco's price, I just think they're better off not selling it
Dec 18, 2014
254 posts
345 upvotes
GTA
yesstyle wrote: Canada costco should have the chicken bake. Does anyone know why we dont?
Oh man you just brought back good memories,
The chicken bake is SO good o_o
It’s like a personal pizza
Had it during a visit to the States.
It’s affordable and filling.
But no drink :( but so good.

Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3872 posts
21609 upvotes
I’ve mentioned the chicken bake before, only sold in the US. You can find the copycat recipe online which I’m dying to try since it really is rolled up pizza dough with chicken in ranch dressing (obviously more to it than that).

Since we’re on the topic of food, has anyone tried their wings?
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6414 posts
1569 upvotes
Richmond Hill
markopas wrote: I’ve mentioned the chicken bake before, only sold in the US. You can find the copycat recipe online which I’m dying to try since it really is rolled up pizza dough with chicken in ranch dressing (obviously more to it than that).

Since we’re on the topic of food, has anyone tried their wings?
Yes, they arent bad, just a bit too salty
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2394 posts
3255 upvotes
I had a bulgogi bake at Costco in Taiwan a few years ago. That was something special.