Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Fortnite - 3,000 V-BUCKS for $9.97 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2019 11:24 am
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3327 posts
1356 upvotes
HankLeTank wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but Fortnite doesn't use Loot boxes, but rather you buy skins and/or emotes.

You might want to find an overwatch or rocket league thread to bring your pitchfork to
Ok, I'll correct you then - Fortnite has lootboxes. Whew!!.... That was easy. Well, enjoy pulling the pitchfork out of your bum.
Dec 24, 2009
990 posts
416 upvotes
Quebec City
HankLeTank wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but Fortnite doesn't use Loot boxes, but rather you buy skins and/or emotes.

You might want to find an overwatch or rocket league thread to bring your pitchfork to
You are right. Belgium (and more coutries hopefully) are against loot boxes where you don't even know what are your chances of winning, that's gambling. Vbucks are for skins (for now) so there's no gambling involved (yet).
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
766 upvotes
Moncton
betercallsaul wrote: Only 7.6 players? Is that like 7 guys and a slave or a guy without legs?
Lol I meant 7.6 million.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3036 posts
2384 upvotes
Toronto
This was a free download couple weekends ago
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2007
1569 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
txenglan wrote: Ok, I'll correct you then - Fortnite has lootboxes. Whew!!.... That was easy. Well, enjoy pulling the pitchfork out of your bum.
? Do you even play Fortnite, they don't have "lootboxes." All of the items in the shop have listed prices and there's no RNG/surprises involved. You get what you buy.
Jul 20, 2018
349 posts
233 upvotes
fluidmax wrote: With Apex Legend gaining big ground..they must be hurting
Until they fully fix the crashes I don't think they will make much of an impact. Maybe short term but people will probably be pulled back to fortnite. See what happens when season 8 launches next week.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17947 posts
25051 upvotes
ONTARIO
TURNIPtheBEET wrote: Until they fully fix the crashes I don't think they will make much of an impact. Maybe short term but people will probably be pulled back to fortnite. See what happens when season 8 launches next week.
Plus they're probably going to have an influx of players for next season since they've made it pretty easy to get the season 8 battle pass for free.
I am not even good at the game nor do I play all that much, but even I was able to complete the 13 free challenges to get the free season 8 battle pass.
I think that event ends in a few days too so you can still get it.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3327 posts
1356 upvotes
o1jellybean wrote: That's not for Battle Royale though. Pretty sure a small percentage of Fortnite's playerbase plays Save the World, probably less than 10%.
True. I was responding to the blanket statement made that the game doesn't contain lootboxes.
Oct 7, 2017
619 posts
854 upvotes
I’ll glady support any F2P game I enjoy that doesn’t offer loot boxes. I like Fortnite and Apex. I won’t spend a dime in Apex on skins or loot boxes. The prices in Fortnite are so much better than epic. Wraps/gun skins (which you can use with any type of gun) are 300 V-bucks which is about $3.50. The gun skins in Apex in the sales shop today are for one gun and cost $22!! EA needs to get real. Not to mention the battle pass in Fortnite is a great deal. $13 and you get 6 skins, tons of emotes, wraps, and $16 BACK in V-bucks if you complete it. I’ll buy the battle pass in Apex if they add it, but will never buy a $22 gun skin or a loot box. Not to mention they charge for characters, which means if the two best characters are better than others, it’s basically pay to win. Real cool EA. Anyone saying “unlimited currency” is exclusive to Epic (like the first reply) either doesn’t know the video game industry or is just hating on Fortnite because it’s popular. Most F2P games do micro transactions far worse.

Edit: All that being said, OP’s deal doesn’t make any sense lol.
Last edited by ClarkZuckerberg on Feb 24th, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1046 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
theastromechdroid wrote: Saw this at the Costco on McGillivray (MB). Originally $26.97 at Costco, $29.99 everywhere else.
First redemption gives the Deep Freeze bundle, subsequent redemptions grant 3,000 V-BUCKS.

Normal pricing for in-game currency is as follows:
1,000 V-BUCKS - $13.49 ($12.59 on mobile)
2,800 V-BUCKS - $33.49
4,100 V-BUCKS - $53.49
13,500 V-BUCKS - $125.99

I myself bought 4 for $39.88 (pre-tax) which got me 12,000 VBUCKS where the same amount would've cost me around $112.00 with the max savings under the 13,500V-BUCK/$125.99 bundle pricing (savings of 64% off/$72 when purchasing 4). If purchased under the 1,000 V-BUCKS pricing scheme, savings would reach 75% off/$122 when purchasing 4.
I know spending money on virtual currency is no fun, I agree on that. I also know that there are other games like APEX Legends now that others may argue is better.
Regardless, pretty good deal if you ask me.

Fortnite's reach is far and wide so not a bad present for yourself, your friends, or your kids.

Edit 1: added pictures.
Edit 2: I have no verification on whether or not you can redeem these codes on systems other than the one it was meant for (e.g. Nintendo Switch redemption on XBOX account). As of right now, I would keep an eye out for your system. If not, I'd try purchasing one for another system and borrowing a friend's console for redemption.
Where do you get 3000 v bucks for $10? Looks like you bought other packages and justifying a discount. Is the deep freeze bundle the deal?
Oct 7, 2017
619 posts
854 upvotes
txenglan wrote: True. I was responding to the blanket statement made that the game doesn't contain lootboxes.
Generally when people say “Fortnite” they are talking about Battle Royale. The vast majority of players have never heard of Save the World or have never played it. They’re essentially two separate games.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1278 posts
952 upvotes
WL1980 wrote: Must be nice to sell virtually unlimited fake currency for real money.

Epic
Is that a jab at bitcoin?
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2214 posts
2714 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
theastromechdroid wrote: Saw this at the Costco on McGillivray (MB). Originally $26.97 at Costco, $29.99 everywhere else.
First redemption gives the Deep Freeze bundle, subsequent redemptions grant 3,000 V-BUCKS.

Normal pricing for in-game currency is as follows:
1,000 V-BUCKS - $13.49 ($12.59 on mobile)
2,800 V-BUCKS - $33.49
4,100 V-BUCKS - $53.49
13,500 V-BUCKS - $125.99

I myself bought 4 for $39.88 (pre-tax) which got me 12,000 VBUCKS where the same amount would've cost me around $112.00 with the max savings under the 13,500V-BUCK/$125.99 bundle pricing (savings of 64% off/$72 when purchasing 4). If purchased under the 1,000 V-BUCKS pricing scheme, savings would reach 75% off/$122 when purchasing 4.
I know spending money on virtual currency is no fun, I agree on that. I also know that there are other games like APEX Legends now that others may argue is better.
Regardless, pretty good deal if you ask me.

Fortnite's reach is far and wide so not a bad present for yourself, your friends, or your kids.

Edit 1: added pictures.
Edit 2: I have no verification on whether or not you can redeem these codes on systems other than the one it was meant for (e.g. Nintendo Switch redemption on XBOX account). As of right now, I would keep an eye out for your system. If not, I'd try purchasing one for another system and borrowing a friend's console for redemption.
So this is the new Linden's currency? ;)

I remember back when gearing about people spending like $20 USD something a month on thier avatars outfits in Second Life.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)