Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Fortnite - 3,000 V-BUCKS for $9.97 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2019 11:24 am
[OP]
Nov 30, 2018
38 posts
155 upvotes
jesterwilly2004 wrote: Where do you get 3000 v bucks for $10? Looks like you bought other packages and justifying a discount. Is the deep freeze bundle the deal?
Yes, sorry about the confusion there!

Basically, the $9.97 gets you the Fortnite Deep Freeze Bundle which contains an in-game skin, back bling, pickaxe, glider, and 1,000 V-BUCKS.
If you've redeemed the Fortnite Deep Freeze Bundle before, you'll get 3,000 V-BUCKS in its place since you can't have duplicate in-game items. Therefore, first redemption gets you the bundle, subsequent redemptions will give you 3,000 V-BUCKS for every $9.97 Bundle you buy, making 3,000 V-BUCKS $9.97.

You'll see on my receipt that I did buy 4 of them but they are all the same item. Since I already have the in-game items, I will get 3,000 V-BUCKS for each of those purchases, giving me 12,000 V-BUCKS for $39.88 pre-tax.

You do not need to buy any other packages, any purchases past your first redemption will grant you 3,000 V-BUCKS.
thedealhunter2000 wrote: So this is the new Linden's currency? ;)

I remember back when gearing about people spending like $20 USD something a month on thier avatars outfits in Second Life.
Ha, it definitely looks like it!
17935 posts
25047 upvotes
ONTARIO
theastromechdroid wrote:
Edit 2: I have no verification on whether or not you can redeem these codes on systems other than the one it was meant for (e.g. Nintendo Switch redemption on XBOX account). As of right now, I would keep an eye out for your system. If not, I'd try purchasing one for another system and borrowing a friend's console for redemption.
From a bit of googling, it seems people have in the past bought this bundle (for example xbox), linked up their microsoft/epic accounts and redeemed the codes, but found when they logged into Fortnite through the PC, they did not get the items.
Apparently after redeeming, you have to log into the game through the console the codes came from for the items to appear.
So if you don't have access to a console, I would not buy this bundle.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26047 posts
11518 upvotes
MexicanPeso wrote: Is that a jab at bitcoin?
You have to admit for fake internet money it sure is worth a whole lot of real money...
Dec 20, 2012
577 posts
380 upvotes
Surrey
vicktnguyen wrote: What's the appeal of this game?
Playing online with friends. Not the best for solo play, but pretty fun to play with others.
Dec 24, 2009
990 posts
416 upvotes
Quebec City
TURNIPtheBEET wrote: Until they fully fix the crashes I don't think they will make much of an impact. Maybe short term but people will probably be pulled back to fortnite. See what happens when season 8 launches next week.
Not sure about this, Apex gained some real traction real fast. Though, it might be a passing fad. Let's see in one month or two.
Oct 17, 2009
949 posts
1787 upvotes
WL1980 wrote: Must be nice to sell virtually unlimited fake currency for real money.

Epic
You can finish that nicely with "That can purchase stolen IP from dancers around the world"
Oct 17, 2009
949 posts
1787 upvotes
MercadorHG wrote: Not sure about this, Apex gained some real traction real fast. Though, it might be a passing fad. Let's see in one month or two.
There's no way I would jump back to Fortnight after Apex. Apex has too many interesting ideas, and plays far better. Fortnite got lazy.
Sep 13, 2015
415 posts
219 upvotes
fluidmax wrote: With Apex Legend gaining big ground..they must be hurting
Apex legends wont last. My son played it a few times but him and his boys went back to fortnite.
Glory Glory Man United
Dec 24, 2009
990 posts
416 upvotes
Quebec City
MikoWilson wrote: There's no way I would jump back to Fortnight after Apex. Apex has too many interesting ideas, and plays far better. Fortnite got lazy.
Yeah, that's exactly what I thought at first but I haven't played since a week already (I don't play Fortnite though), I think it gets old fast, even with clever ideas (the ping signal will be copied all over and that's good). Fortnite isn't the first BR either, but it was the first one that everyone could play (PUBG wasn't on every platform and it's not goofy looking like FN).
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2565 posts
1766 upvotes
Kitchener
Amazing deal!!!! Anything in KW ??? I need some of these !!!
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 28GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
May 13, 2012
320 posts
206 upvotes
CALGARY
I'm selling Schrute bucks and Stanley nickles for 90% off if anyone is interested.
Dec 26, 2012
643 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
Just had a solo W while reading this thread. First game of the night.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5628 posts
1358 upvotes
WL1980 wrote: Must be nice to sell virtually unlimited fake currency for real money.

Epic
Is this any different than selling shoes for $200 that cost $5 to make?