Frigidaire Freezer FFFH20F3VW $699.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2021 1:09 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1481 posts
933 upvotes
Toronto
andrew6123 wrote: I noticed that Costco has changed their delivery to outside your house only. They will not bring it in or remove the old one.

Which basically ruins the value they provide. Not about carrying it in, removing the old, and installing it.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1576 posts
1073 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Bishop8 wrote: I'm not a fan of Frigidaire appliances either, except for their freezers. I've generally had good luck with them.

In this price range, you're typically going to be dealing with Frigidaire, Danby, Amana, or something similar. I don't believe Danby makes anything in this size, and I'd prefer Frigidaire to any of the other brands.

I've not seen anything with these specs at this price point. And Costco.

I'm happy to be corrected.
It's a fair point.
I don't believe fridges and stoves are related.
But they owe me big time, so I had to mention their horrible stoves.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2010
1298 posts
1170 upvotes
RCGA wrote: I just bought a 21cu Frigidaire on Costco.ca for $720 delivered

$20 is well worth the white-glove service they provide.
Link please? I can find nothing on Costco.ca that is even remotely close to this.
Beep\Bop\Boop
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2008
5031 posts
1709 upvotes
Tapout123 wrote: Link please? I can find nothing on Costco.ca that is even remotely close to this.
Out of stock at the moment but the item number is 1326169 and the model number is FFFU21M1QW
Let's hug it out
Jan 10, 2007
221 posts
111 upvotes
I’m looking for an upright freezer as well. Anyone know if Costco in store has a smaller one? I’m looking for a 14-16cu ft.
Nov 15, 2017
345 posts
663 upvotes
WEST CANADA
A plus is these are made in North America and not Asia. Lets get people working again.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2010
1298 posts
1170 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: Actually we were able to fit it in our Pilot with just a little hanging out (packaging included). We just bungied the rear gate down.

Doable with two people. I think it's listed as 165lbs. My 15yo son and I moved it up a flight of stairs.

It's definitely not working with a sedan.
What year Pilot? I have a 2010 and could use one of these.
Beep\Bop\Boop
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2010
1298 posts
1170 upvotes
RCGA wrote: Out of stock at the moment but the item number is 1326169 and the model number is FFFU21M1QW
Nice unit but not frost free, a deal breaker for me as I already have a 17cuft manual defrost model, and it's 3 hours work every few months to reclaim all the inside space lost to frost.
Beep\Bop\Boop
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
7446 posts
5291 upvotes
Toronto
andrew6123 wrote: I noticed that Costco has changed their delivery to outside your house only. They will not bring it in or remove the old one.

My guess is this is a safety precaution due to Covid?

Purchased the 21' Frigidaire from Loew's 1.5 years ago, with delivery (using a giftcard for a fully refunded fridge).

I rarely pay for delivery, but so grateful I shelled out for this huge monster.
The logisitics of getting it into the house through the side door and into the basement were complicated.
The delivery guys had to take it out of the box outside (and remove doors), and still, we could not get it to fit down the stairs.
Had to pull out baseboards in order to get it to fit.

Had I resorted to doing this myself (with friends helping), I have no doubt that destruction would have transpired. Kudos to the delivery guys and the wide range of attempts and configurations that were tried until success was achieved, while not destroying things in the process.

Does anyone know - what happens if you purchase something like this and delivery can't bring it in?

Anyhoots - gave the delivery guys a big tip - heroes of the day. After several failed attempts, I thought I was toast.

This freezer replaced a chest, so total game changer from an organization perspective.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
112 posts
74 upvotes
Hopefully not off topic, but what are people's experiences with Whirlpool? I am looking at a 16 cu ft frost-free freezer with delivery for roughly $1000 all-in.
Nov 28, 2016
177 posts
173 upvotes

I got the same model, fantastic price. All other major stores charge $70ish for deliver at the time when I was shopping for an upright freezer. I also checked specs and don’t see much difference of the one with and without energy star. The older models before year of 2013 might have a huge hit on electricity bill.
I prefer the manual defrost model based on my research, the inside temperatures stays consistent, I don’t mind defrosting it manually at all, small price to pay imho.
An upright model is a must, things wont get lost at the bottom like what often happens with the chest freezer.
Quite happy with this model and since then I’m able to freeze up lots of food so they don’t go waste like before.
Images
  • 00D16545-8EBE-4C1A-8E47-5FE33B3A6F3C.jpeg
  • 3C6B94D6-8936-4857-B2D8-53A111657F64.jpeg
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1809 posts
700 upvotes
There is only one review on the Frididaire website for this freezer and it's 3/5.

"This freezer has lots of features. The door closes so well that it's hard to open. Don't worry about leaving the door ajar. Unfortunately it's very noisy as there's a motor that runs all the time."

OP. Can you provide your comments once yours is up and running?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3773 posts
1906 upvotes
Vancouver
Tapout123 wrote: What year Pilot? I have a 2010 and could use one of these.
2006. You should be fine. You'll of course need to fold down the second row so just you and your helper. Costco's only permitting two per membership in the stores now anyway.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3773 posts
1906 upvotes
Vancouver
Tapout123 wrote: Nice unit but not frost free, a deal breaker for me as I already have a 17cuft manual defrost model, and it's 3 hours work every few months to reclaim all the inside space lost to frost.
This. That was the deal breaker for me as well. Also not Energy Star, incandescent interior lighting, no door ajar alarm, if any of that means anything to you.

I'd seen similar models in the Costco stores previously (late last year) for ~$550 (hence my original comment that Costco used to only carry manual defrost).
Last edited by Bishop8 on Apr 19th, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3773 posts
1906 upvotes
Vancouver
Genblue wrote: There is only one review on the Frididaire website for this freezer and it's 3/5.

"This freezer has lots of features. The door closes so well that it's hard to open. Don't worry about leaving the door ajar. Unfortunately it's very noisy as there's a motor that runs all the time."

OP. Can you provide your comments once yours is up and running?
I read that review as well.

Honestly, it's been great. Once in its location you have to extend these anti tip legs at the front, which also keeps the freezer from sliding forward when opening the door.

As for the noise, I suspect the reviewer also has problems sleeping with a pea under his/her mattress. Yes, you can hear the motor but it's a low steady hum; more background noise than anything. I was expecting a clunking, spitting motor the way it was described.

I guess it depends on your use case. Ours is in the back near the laundry room, so the little noise it generates is irrelevant.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1781 posts
3247 upvotes

If I'm not mistaken the one online is not frost free and the one in store is.
Jan 4, 2008
21 posts
4 upvotes
Durham Region
Has anyone seen this in Costco in Ontario?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
3617 posts
1050 upvotes
Dwarfff wrote: I got the same model, fantastic price. All other major stores charge $70ish for deliver at the time when I was shopping for an upright freezer. I also checked specs and don’t see much difference of the one with and without energy star. The older models before year of 2013 might have a huge hit on electricity bill.
I prefer the manual defrost model based on my research, the inside temperatures stays consistent, I don’t mind defrosting it manually at all, small price to pay imho.
An upright model is a must, things wont get lost at the bottom like what often happens with the chest freezer.
Quite happy with this model and since then I’m able to freeze up lots of food so they don’t go waste like before.
It's not the same model, the one you have have cooling elements built in to the shelf which accumulates frost, the one in the store is frost free.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1565 posts
1324 upvotes
Toronto
Bishop8 wrote: I was in the Richmond Costco today and bought a 20 cu.ft. Frigidaire freezer (model FFFH20F3VW) for 699.99 (SKU 1351285).

This is an excellent price for a large, basic upright freezer with frost free (Costco typically only carried manual defrost models; I've been looking) and Energy Star rating. Other features are wire shelves, LED lighting, and door ajar alarm.

I bought it this morning and there was one sealed and one display model remaining.
Can confirm this is the same price in Ontario (GTA).

Friends and I have purchased older models at the same price. Works fine. Generally available, though demand has increased since COVID. There were lots in stock when I went to Warden Costco last Thursday.

It's regular Costco price.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2348 posts
3088 upvotes
Does anyone know if they remove your old appliances for free? If I were to order from Costco? I know with corona right now they don’t come in house. But what about normal tones do they remove old ones ?

Anyone know about Home Depot delivery removal? Extra to remove old one ?
Last edited by simplypop on Apr 19th, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)