Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Frigidaire Freezer FFFH20F3VW $699.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2023 1:31 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2010
1442 posts
1406 upvotes
Dwarfff wrote: I got the same model, fantastic price. All other major stores charge $70ish for deliver at the time when I was shopping for an upright freezer. I also checked specs and don’t see much difference of the one with and without energy star. The older models before year of 2013 might have a huge hit on electricity bill.
I prefer the manual defrost model based on my research, the inside temperatures stays consistent, I don’t mind defrosting it manually at all, small price to pay imho.
An upright model is a must, things wont get lost at the bottom like what often happens with the chest freezer.
Quite happy with this model and since then I’m able to freeze up lots of food so they don’t go waste like before.
That is the most organized freezer I've ever seen. Mine has stuff crammed into every corner of every shelf. If you can abide by the loss of shelf space due to frost, and only keep it about 2/3 full (even with freezing raisins?!?) then frost free isn't an issue.
Beep\Bop\Boop
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2010
1442 posts
1406 upvotes
romsan04 wrote: It's not the same model, the one you have have cooling elements built in to the shelf which accumulates frost, the one in the store is frost free.
Exactly the problem I have with the freezer I have now. And once those shelves freeze over, they become far less efficient at cooling the freezer, so the motor has to work harder. Heaven help you if someone leaves the door ajar for more then a few minutes too, all that nice warm humidified interior air hitting all that freezing stuff becomes a little winter wonderland.
Beep\Bop\Boop
Nov 14, 2016
174 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
Any more spotted in GTA? Also i am assuming that you can buy extended warranty for the freezer?
Oct 26, 2008
439 posts
407 upvotes
I bought this from the Brick for $300 in Feb. very pleased, just be careful with the drawers. If you pulled one out and broke it, which would be easy, replacements would be tough to come by.
LIVING IS EASY WITH EYES CLOSED
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12575 upvotes
Markham
organic_panic wrote: I bought this from the Brick for $300 in Feb. very pleased, just be careful with the drawers. If you pulled one out and broke it, which would be easy, replacements would be tough to come by.
You sure its same model? Its 300 vs 700, quite a big difference
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
smartie wrote: You sure its same model? Its 300 vs 700, quite a big difference
I don't think he's talking about the same thing. There are no drawers in this model, just a removable wire basket at the bottom and shelves on the door.

Wrong thread?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
Dwarfff wrote: I got the same model, fantastic price. All other major stores charge $70ish for deliver at the time when I was shopping for an upright freezer. I also checked specs and don’t see much difference of the one with and without energy star. The older models before year of 2013 might have a huge hit on electricity bill.
I prefer the manual defrost model based on my research, the inside temperatures stays consistent, I don’t mind defrosting it manually at all, small price to pay imho.
An upright model is a must, things wont get lost at the bottom like what often happens with the chest freezer.
Quite happy with this model and since then I’m able to freeze up lots of food so they don’t go waste like before.
Actually, how do your plastic baskets fare in the freezer? I like the organisation of it, but I'd worry they get brittle over time.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3877 posts
1975 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Bishop8 wrote: My 15yo son and I moved it up a flight of stairs.

It's definitely not working with a sedan.
15yo but absolute unit
Jan 3, 2007
458 posts
261 upvotes
Around the last week of March, I was looking for a small freezer, basically sold out everywhere(you'd have to special order them at lowes or homedepot). I went to Costco and asked customer service when they expect to stock more freezer, they told me they are expecting stocking some more upright Frigidaire freezer soon(I'm guessing it's Op's freezer), and they said that's the only type they are going to stock, but a week later (April 1st), I went back to Costco, I saw they had many budget freezers, one at $189(Danby) and the other ones are $279 and $379(both are Amana I think). So I bought the $189 Danby one, I feel that's the best bang of the buck and I don't need anything big anyways. (oh and I went back a few days ago, all the freezers were sold out again.)

So what I'm trying to say is that if you are looking for a freezer that's not as big as Op's, maybe worth waiting for the budget ones to restock in Costco, and Costco definitely has the best price for freezers.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
djdestroyer wrote: 15yo but absolute unit
A little taller than me (5'10"), still a little skinny, plays lots of video games, doesn't exercise; generally lethargic teenager. I have to use my 'old man strength' and he got the easier bits. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
zerodev wrote: Hopefully not off topic, but what are people's experiences with Whirlpool? I am looking at a 16 cu ft frost-free freezer with delivery for roughly $1000 all-in.
My personal opinion is that Whirlpool is fine. If it has the features you want and, more importantly, is available for immediate delivery (waiting for restock is a mug's game right now), go for it!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2812 posts
3878 upvotes
organic_panic wrote: I bought this from the Brick for $300 in Feb. very pleased, just be careful with the drawers. If you pulled one out and broke it, which would be easy, replacements would be tough to come by.
I doubt it's the same. The Brick has the biggest jacked up prices. Even The Brick sale price is Costco and Home Depot normal price.
Tonerbox wrote: Around the last week of March, I was looking for a small freezer, basically sold out everywhere(you'd have to special order them at lowes or homedepot). I went to Costco and asked customer service when they expect to stock more freezer, they told me they are expecting stocking some more upright Frigidaire freezer soon(I'm guessing it's Op's freezer), and they said that's the only type they are going to stock, but a week later (April 1st), I went back to Costco, I saw they had many budget freezers, one at $189(Danby) and the other ones are $279 and $379(both are Amana I think). So I bought the $189 Danby one, I feel that's the best bang of the buck and I don't need anything big anyways. (oh and I went back a few days ago, all the freezers were sold out again.)

So what I'm trying to say is that if you are looking for a freezer that's not as big as Op's, maybe worth waiting for the budget ones to restock in Costco, and Costco definitely has the best price for freezers.
For $189 is it a chest freezer? any details?
Jan 3, 2007
458 posts
261 upvotes
simplypop wrote: For $189 is it a chest freezer? any details?
Yeah, it's a chest freezer, 5.1 cu.ft, 5 year warranty. Check this freezer thread for the SKU, I think you can just call Costco and give them that SKU number, they might be able to find if they have stocks.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
cowbunpants wrote: Can confirm this is the same price in Ontario (GTA).

Friends and I have purchased older models at the same price. Works fine. Generally available, though demand has increased since COVID. There were lots in stock when I went to Warden Costco last Thursday.

It's regular Costco price.
I was never able to find any frost free models at Costco - in store or online - until now, and I've been looking since last autumn (well before COVID). They always carried manual defrost models at slightly lower prices. I stand by my assertion that this is an excellent price for the specs.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2006
1113 posts
824 upvotes
Moncton
I've got a chest freezer and every damn thing I want out of it is inevitably on the bottom. Just went to Costco today and picked up one of these just for the convenience. They are quite a bit lighter than I expected. No problem at all for my son and I to bring it to the basement,
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2010
1442 posts
1406 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: I was never able to find any frost free models at Costco - in store or online - until now, and I've been looking since last autumn (well before COVID). They always carried manual defrost models at slightly lower prices. I stand by my assertion that this is an excellent price for the specs.
Agreed. I've been in the market for one of these in this size for a few months, and frost-free at this price is a great deal. I've had a deposit on the FFFU20F2VW model of this freezer for over a month and am still waiting for it to arrive from the manufacturer to set a delivery date. The absolute best price I could get on that model (which seems to be similar in specs and size to the one in this thread) was $50 more than this plus $80 delivery and $20 to take away my old one. If I can find one of these locally I'll grab it and cancel my order.
Beep\Bop\Boop
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
Tapout123 wrote: Agreed. I've been in the market for one of these in this size for a few months, and frost-free at this price is a great deal. I've had a deposit on the FFFU20F2VW model of this freezer for over a month and am still waiting for it to arrive from the manufacturer to set a delivery date. The absolute best price I could get on that model (which seems to be similar in specs and size to the one in this thread) was $50 more than this plus $80 delivery and $20 to take away my old one. If I can find one of these locally I'll grab it and cancel my order.
Hahaha, I was in the *exact* same boat as you, but the chain store was charging me $795 for that lower model you listed. Only difference is Energy Star or not.

Best of luck finding one at your local Costco!
Nov 28, 2016
191 posts
192 upvotes
I’m still in the process of getting it organized. I find using the bin is actually saving the space so that more goodies can be stacked up and be centralized, the horizontal space must be utilized rather than being wasted. I’m not sure of how long these bins will last, so far, so good.
I got two only for now to test and see if they fit and are planning to buy a few more to give frozen fruits and frozen baked goodies a place.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3083 posts
1445 upvotes
GTA
Electrah wrote: Which basically ruins the value they provide. Not about carrying it in, removing the old, and installing it.
It's because of COVID-19.
Nowadays, you'll be hard pressed to find a delivery company that'll deliver past threshold.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1953 posts
829 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: I read that review as well.

Honestly, it's been great. Once in its location you have to extend these anti tip legs at the front, which also keeps the freezer from sliding forward when opening the door.

As for the noise, I suspect the reviewer also has problems sleeping with a pea under his/her mattress. Yes, you can hear the motor but it's a low steady hum; more background noise than anything. I was expecting a clunking, spitting motor the way it was described.

I guess it depends on your use case. Ours is in the back near the laundry room, so the little noise it generates is irrelevant.
Thanks for the review..... I'm assuming that you'd give it 5 out of 5? :)

Does the 25% off Energy grant apply to these freezers?