[Costco] Gaming chair - $139.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2021 6:51 pm
[OP]
Aug 10, 2020
7 posts
37 upvotes

[Costco] Gaming chair - $139.99

Saw it at Costco in Laval. Please see the image for more details.
Images
  • 20210210_160229-min.jpg
41 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
10207 posts
2614 upvotes
Winnipeg
not the softest on the kisser!
Oct 2, 2019
333 posts
211 upvotes
Again? This is regular price at this point
Jul 13, 2018
10 posts
35 upvotes
Edmonton. Alberta
I wish that the headrest was actually adjustable!!
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15713 posts
2338 upvotes
TGRBLL wrote: I wish that the headrest was actually adjustable!!
I wish they'd just stop making these things.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13799 posts
7497 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Per previous thread, only a few people found these comfortable. I tried all the Costco chairs in store and I agree, it’s one of their least comfy.
Jul 2, 2003
567 posts
326 upvotes
GTA
2 in stock at Dixie/Dundas
Mar 21, 2012
506 posts
395 upvotes
Edmonton
I have two. Its a little hard. It kinda seems like it's designed for very obese gamers that have built in padding. I'm 6'4 185lbs and I barely occupy half the seating surface
Aug 13, 2020
370 posts
1240 upvotes
For anyone with back pain, I would strongly recommend 2 things:

1 - Get a standing desk or make one ! It's incredible how much a difference that makes.

2 - I recommend you try this chair ($749.99 at Costco and it's worth every penny) as it "forces you" to have a good posture.

https://www.costco.ca/back-strong-offic ... 79156.html

Nov 13, 2018
543 posts
1273 upvotes
Just posting this for opinion:

I have this chair. I bought it in March or so after WFH, and realizing my existing chair was not great (no vertical armrest adjustment, pinch point on edge of desk and wrist). Old chair was $350 or something from Structube.

This chair is comfortable to me. 5'11 155lb , I like the armrest adjustments.

I do understand how someone could say it's for fat people. The width of the "seat" is pretty crazy, but that doesn't bother me or anything.

I don't have anything to compare it to other than my old chair, and this one is as comfortable plus the adjustable arms are a NEED since I started working from home.
Apr 20, 2011
199 posts
126 upvotes
Edmonton, Canada
I also bought this in Dec and I am not heavy. The lumbar support moves and is causing me some pain in my upper back (could be related to my posture). I am going to return it and get a staples Hyken which I tried in store and loved it.
Jul 20, 2017
135 posts
102 upvotes
IslandDeal wrote: For anyone with back pain, I would strongly recommend 2 things:

1 - Get a standing desk or make one ! It's incredible how much a difference that makes.

2 - I recommend you try this chair ($749.99 at Costco and it's worth every penny) as it "forces you" to have a good posture.

I rather have back problems for the rest of my life instead of paying $750 for a chair.
Jan 4, 2019
364 posts
142 upvotes
This chair seems to be getting some bad reviews... I can only recommend the staples hyken chair (when on sale) as a price comparable chair and I enjoy mine a lot
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1391 posts
1535 upvotes
VANCOUVER
TylerOakville wrote: I rather have back problems for the rest of my life instead of paying $750 for a chair.
:facepalm: what an incredibly short sighted and naive thing to say. you're probably only 15 years old to make a comment like this but I hope to god that you somehow remember this in 40-50 years and hit yourself in the head. Back and knees are two things that can't be fixed no matter what you do. once you screw them up, that's the end. nothing but pain for the rest of your life. problem is that the damage is gradual and doesn't happen overnight. it builds up from years of improper lifting or sitting in poor quality chairs.

Also $750 is not considered expensive for a chair. There are office chairs that routinely sell for $2-3K and are common in lots of offices
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10706 posts
5045 upvotes
regular price and not hot. Its hard and much better around.If you buy the chair you need to add the expense of a nice comfy pillow and a back massager lol.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Nov 14, 2017
551 posts
788 upvotes
Vancouver
IslandDeal wrote: For anyone with back pain, I would strongly recommend 2 things:

That looks like the most uncomfortable chair in the world.
Jan 14, 2014
108 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
Costco Ajax had 3 left in the afternoon and by the time we went around 7pm they were gone. Was looking for one for my son but opted for the 69.99 bts task chair. Reviews are average but consider he’s 6 if it lasts until he gets older I’m happy and also the Costco return policy.

I bought a staples hyken a few years ago and love the chair. I had to do a manual adjustment to the headrest to elevate it to make it more comfortable as I’m 6’1. An old thread I think suggested how to do it. No issues with wear and tear from WFH.