Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Gardena Wall Mounted Hose Reel (Model 2650) $79.99 - ~$200 at other retailers

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2020 1:43 pm
[OP]
Dec 4, 2019
8 posts
3 upvotes

[Costco] Gardena Wall Mounted Hose Reel (Model 2650) $79.99 - ~$200 at other retailers

Looking for a replacement hose reel and came across this one @ costco. Half price vs. Amazon/Home Depot. Couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else.

Reviews on Costco aren't the greatest but decent reviews other places. Have other Gardena products that I've been very happy with so willing to give this a shot and return if it's not worth it.

Product Links on Amazon and Home Depot
12 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 8, 2007
27802 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
Yeah those reviews don't sound great. Gotta love that Costco return policy if needed!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3986 posts
2503 upvotes
Vancouver
The reel looks plastic, those generally don’t last more than a season or two when I was researching them. Not this one specifically however but I wouldn’t recommend a plastic wheel unless you are installing it somewhere with cover.
Dec 24, 2003
694 posts
46 upvotes
As some one who has been patiently waiting to purchase two of these, I'll have to recommend not purchasing these. The reviews are extremely accurate, and I returned for the.

I'm still waiting for a better product. There is a midweek based out of the states that is basically a stainless drum, but I haven't bit the bullet.
Apr 23, 2016
506 posts
541 upvotes
Kelowna
Finally. I've been looking to attach a bright blue eyesore to the side of my house.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
9904 posts
2071 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Gardena does not last long, rather buy cheaper alternatives. Though I liked their connectors
Oct 15, 2009
116 posts
92 upvotes
Please don't buy it. I have it and it's okay-ish... Not sturdy, especially for a heavy duty house. It will wiggle, bend and squeak.
Apr 21, 2008
369 posts
131 upvotes
This is always $79

I have two and I am perfectly happy with it.

Those who are complaining about it clearly are doing something wrong.

User error.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1898 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
There's no way this should be anywhere near $200. For $200 you can get the gardena auto rewind hose reel which is vastly superior. I bought one for my dad and he's been using it for over 4 years with no problems. I bought one for my house and it's on its 2nd year no problems either. $79 seems like the right price point for this all day, but it sounds like it leaks...
Nov 23, 2011
668 posts
687 upvotes
West GTA
Nobody should be paying anywhere close to $200 for this. You can get their auto-reel for less than that, I've had one for years and it is a game changer.
Oct 16, 2007
696 posts
617 upvotes
Montr
Gonad wrote: This is always $79

I have two and I am perfectly happy with it.

Those who are complaining about it clearly are doing something wrong.

User error.
Stop the voting ASAP. Don't let them register more reviews!!
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
1922 posts
363 upvotes
'sauga
This goes on sale pretty regularly during the spring/summer for $70. I got mine at Lowe's.

I actually have 2, and neither leak. It's not the sturdiest thing in the world, but it's decent for a plastic reel. Plus that corner roller thingy is actually quite useful.