• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2020 4:20 pm
[OP]
Jan 2, 2012
674 posts
165 upvotes
SASKATOON

[Costco] Garmin Vivoactive 3 $169.99

I just bought this from Amazon for $200 and gave it to my wife for her birthday yesterday, and then see it at Costco - Saskatoon South for $30 cheaper.
Older model, but $170 for a GPS Garmin is pretty stellar.
Images
  • Vivo.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 11th, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
46 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9742 posts
5635 upvotes
Coming to 3-year-old, but a solid watch:

Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27212 posts
7530 upvotes
Great price, I got mine back when it was $260 on Prime Day a couple years ago... Sucked when it went down to $200 at Costblo around a year later; and now, at $170, I'm just gonna be happy for ppl buying it at $100 less than I did ;)

Battery on mine seems to be significantly degraded now though, either that or a fw update is draining the battery too much (as apparently has happened before). Used to last at least 5 days before getting into the red battery (though I'd charge it more often than it getting there). Now it seems if I have it charged on Monday, it'll be in the red by the end of Wednesday. Makes me wonder how long these smart-type watches will last--I imagine the cost of battery replacement will likely be enough that it's probably a better idea to get a new model instead but I guess we'll see.
Nov 24, 2019
44 posts
58 upvotes
At $170 this is probably one of (if not) the most solid watch you'll get for under $200. The Vivoactive line is awesome for general fitness and you can record lots of activities that aren't available on the Forerunners such as skiing, paddleboarding, etc. For people mostly looking to track running (or tri) the Forerunner offers more specific running metrics, but for most other people this is a pretty sweet deal. Touchscreen (Vivoactive series) versus buttons (Forerunner series) is up to personal preference. I've used both and I personally think they both work fine.
Jan 24, 2016
55 posts
81 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I bought this watch for $250 a couple of years ago and I’m still very happy with it. Only complaint is battery life. I just have to charge it every couple of days. It charges quick though.
Jul 19, 2018
158 posts
246 upvotes
Does this one support offline music?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4964 posts
3642 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Anyone have an opinion on what would be a solid tracker for weight lifting?
Jul 5, 2008
493 posts
203 upvotes
I have had the V3 for over a year now. I tried a Fenix 5 first but it was just too large and chunky. I use it to track cycling, swimming and hiking. I usually charge every other day but I use the GPS for at least an hour a day (when tracking an activity). I link Connect to Strava for a shared tracking app.

Great watch. Just need to get my wife off her Vivoactive HR and give her the 3 so I can get the Vivoactive 4 :)
Apr 1, 2009
10 posts
5 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Great price, I got mine back when it was $260 on Prime Day a couple years ago... Sucked when it went down to $200 at Costblo around a year later; and now, at $170, I'm just gonna be happy for ppl buying it at $100 less than I did ;)

Battery on mine seems to be significantly degraded now though, either that or a fw update is draining the battery too much (as apparently has happened before). Used to last at least 5 days before getting into the red battery (though I'd charge it more often than it getting there). Now it seems if I have it charged on Monday, it'll be in the red by the end of Wednesday. Makes me wonder how long these smart-type watches will last--I imagine the cost of battery replacement will likely be enough that it's probably a better idea to get a new model instead but I guess we'll see.
I had the same problem, bought the watch 2 1/2 years ago and the battery needed recharging during the day, complained to Garmin support and they offered to replace it with a refurbished one, the only thing I had to pay is the shipping of my watch to them. Other than the battery issue I am really happy with the watch.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17830 posts
7711 upvotes
Oakville
I had one of these, got rid of it because the altimeter doesn't seem to work. Showed my starting/ending elevation of my runs as being anywhere from 30-50m different, when it was the same spot (my house). Garmin refused to replace it under warranty, saying it was a "known issue" that they were "currently working on a fix for" - still hadn't been fixed over a year after I first reported it. Thankfully Best Buy had thrown in a free 2y geek squad warranty when I bought it, so I got my full money back for it.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7096 posts
1862 upvotes
T dot 6
I've been patiently waiting for the Garmin vivoactive 3 music or 4 to drop down in price but they wont drop below $300-$350.

Im still rocking the original vivoactive so I might get this as a stop gap. Its $180 online right now.

https://www.costco.ca/garmin-vivoactive ... 88753.html

stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
May 20, 2010
200 posts
56 upvotes
Love this watch. Have had it for about 2 years now. Battery life is still OK for me (depletes quickly when I'm doing a long run/cycling activity) but I still get a few days out of generally. Charges incredibly quickly so that is convenient.

Nice to record my yoga, meditation, run, strength training and cycling activities on the app and have it sync with strava easily.

Also awesome to have it connect to additional tools like my pedometer to help give accurate times when I'm running indoors.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2234 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: I had one of these, got rid of it because the altimeter doesn't seem to work. Showed my starting/ending elevation of my runs as being anywhere from 30-50m different, when it was the same spot (my house). Garmin refused to replace it under warranty, saying it was a "known issue" that they were "currently working on a fix for" - still hadn't been fixed over a year after I first reported it. Thankfully Best Buy had thrown in a free 2y geek squad warranty when I bought it, so I got my full money back for it.
Welcome to Garmin.... My run/ride group all have Garmin watches and over the years have gone through over 15 different units between us. Every one of them would have different distances/elevation gain and loss/speed when being side by side the entire activity. Its not just the V3 haha....
Nov 21, 2008
714 posts
176 upvotes
Jaytee wrote: I've been patiently waiting for the Garmin vivoactive 3 music or 4 to drop down in price but they wont drop below $300-$350.

Im still rocking the original vivoactive so I might get this as a stop gap. Its $180 online right now.

https://www.costco.ca/garmin-vivoactive ... 88753.html

Also waiting for the next sale on a Garmin music watch. It seems they go on relatively big sales a few times per year.