Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Garmin Vivoactive 3 $169.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2020 4:20 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1783 posts
978 upvotes
Had my VA since last year and ran a 1000 miles and swim regularly with it on. Also got a garmin chest heart rate tracker for better accuracy for heart rate detection.
Dec 26, 2012
201 posts
186 upvotes
TORONTO
does this support ant+? i have the garmin HRM already from my Edge unit
Nov 20, 2008
358 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
Cowboy905 wrote: does this support ant+? i have the garmin HRM already from my Edge unit
Says it does in the description.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1016 posts
192 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Its a great starter fitness tracker and has a lot of capabilities. Although i wish the User interface was much more modern and sleek like GoogleOS or WatchOS but Garmin isn’t in the market to become a smartwatch but rather a fitness tracker.

I managed to get one on Amazon last December for an insane price. These actually go on sale on Amazon frequently and other resale vendors are usually selling these for a insane price. Few days ago I saw them sell refurbished $69.99 USD. Here https://www.gpsnation.com/garmin-vivoac ... ushed.html
Images
  • 7E759E08-8C23-4E8C-982A-914F527F5971.jpeg
  • 7E8C579B-DDAB-48C3-9F1F-3A0BF03C45A8.jpeg
Aug 23, 2019
120 posts
92 upvotes
I was choosing between amazfit watch gt, amazfit watch gts and Garmin.
Went with Garmin because I feel like Garmin tracking is more solid and for some reason I do not feel confident with Amazfit stuff (even tho amoled screens and 30 days battery or something).

This is my first smartwatch or fitness watch. And I am quite happy about. Bought it when it was $200. I would prefer to have an Amoled screen and pay function but Wear OS and Apple watch would drive me crazy from charging it 1-2 a day.
Last edited by UnderKitten on Aug 11th, 2020 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 5, 2016
647 posts
403 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Great price, I got mine back when it was $260 on Prime Day a couple years ago... Sucked when it went down to $200 at Costblo around a year later; and now, at $170, I'm just gonna be happy for ppl buying it at $100 less than I did ;)

Battery on mine seems to be significantly degraded now though, either that or a fw update is draining the battery too much (as apparently has happened before). Used to last at least 5 days before getting into the red battery (though I'd charge it more often than it getting there). Now it seems if I have it charged on Monday, it'll be in the red by the end of Wednesday. Makes me wonder how long these smart-type watches will last--I imagine the cost of battery replacement will likely be enough that it's probably a better idea to get a new model instead but I guess we'll see.
I noticed this on some watch faces. Changed a watch face and got better battery life.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7131 posts
1893 upvotes
T dot 6
UnderKitten wrote: I would prefer to have an Amoled screen and pay function but Wear OS and Apple watch would drive me crazy from charging it 1-2 a day.
Garmin makes a watch with a Amoled screen, the Garmin Venu. Its basically a vivioactive 4 with Amoled screen. But like you mentioned, I would take battery life over Amoled screen but also because the transflective display is much easier to read in daylight. I'm looking at the screen all the time in daylight (running/biking/golf).
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
May 25, 2007
32 posts
33 upvotes
on
I agree this is a good price on a good watch. However at least at Costco Guelph it has been this price for the last year so it isn't really a sale.
Jun 3, 2018
37 posts
11 upvotes
It's solid like everyone says, no music but whatever I always have my phone on me,

negatives - Garmin sleep tracking isn't as good as Fitbit, no open water swimming tracking (for the price you shouldn't expect it), no music onboard

Get an ant+ garmin heart rate strap for true accurate HRM when on the bike or even when lifting weights etc.

I have a Garmin Edge for the bike but still wear this while on it for notifications etc. all my other activities I track with this watch and it's been great
Apr 11, 2003
662 posts
142 upvotes
Edmonton
shadowsteve wrote: I have had the V3 for over a year now. I tried a Fenix 5 first but it was just too large and chunky. I use it to track cycling, swimming and hiking. I usually charge every other day but I use the GPS for at least an hour a day (when tracking an activity). I link Connect to Strava for a shared tracking app.

Great watch. Just need to get my wife off her Vivoactive HR and give her the 3 so I can get the Vivoactive 4 :)
The Fenix 5 is the mid-size. If you want it to be comparable size, you'd like the 5S/6S sizing. (I moved up to a Fenix 6S personally).
Apr 11, 2003
662 posts
142 upvotes
Edmonton
For those worried about battery life - compared to most smart watches that only last 24 hours, 3-4 days is pretty good. I found on both my older VA3 and my Fenix 6S, that plugging it in, in the bathroom, when I am hopping in the shower, is always enough to keep it topped up without any stress or worry about battery life. Y'all do shower right? Or are you tracking some sort of fitness in there? :)
Nov 7, 2004
216 posts
45 upvotes
Calgary
This is a solid price on an older model tracker. I love this watch and had it for at least 2 years now. I usually recharge it each morning at my desk (it recharges quite quickly) but away from my desk I can get three days out of the battery and that is using the GPS for about 2 hours a day tracking a run or walk. If you are somewhat OCD about steps, time and distance, this tracker will allow you to venture even deeper down that rabbit hole.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2213 posts
1172 upvotes
Had the OG, loved it, bought the 3 last year, love it even more. Great bang for your buck tracker!
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1417 posts
294 upvotes
Ottawa
when you see it in Costco, it is end of line sale.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18284 posts
8148 upvotes
Oakville
cf7777 wrote: when you see it in Costco, it is end of line sale.
It's been available at Costco for quite some time now.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient