• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2021 10:42 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
2757 posts
691 upvotes
Canisters are cheapest at Asian grocery stores, sometimes $5 or $6 for 4 cans.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4015 posts
1625 upvotes
Scarborough
I know I could just buy a propane coleman stove to hook it up to my propane tank but for whatever reason I'm attracted to the butane stove burners and would prefer using those with propane. I have yet to find an adapter or anything close to allow me to use my butane stove with propane... cans are cheap when they go on sale but nothing is worse then having your fire go out in the middle of a much needed heat source while making food!
Apr 11, 2007
947 posts
920 upvotes
Oakville
jzmtl wrote: Hazard waste? It's a freakin metal can, punch a hole on it when empty and throw in recycle.
It’s another level when you talking to those OCDs, mr. kind sir
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
9968 posts
11363 upvotes
Toronto
jzmtl wrote: Hazard waste? It's a freakin metal can, punch a hole on it when empty and throw in recycle.
City of Toronto does not want these in the garbage or blue bin even if empty

from https://www.toronto.ca/services-payment ... ous-waste/

Items that are corrosive, flammable, explosive or poisonous are considered Household Hazardous Waste and WILL NOT be collected with your garbage or Blue Bin recycling.

Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) must not be put in garbage or Blue Bin recycling, or poured down the drain, toilet or sewer.

from https://www.toronto.ca/services-payment ... te-wizard/

Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
3593 posts
2363 upvotes
Montreal
Dhanushan wrote: City of Toronto does not want these in the garbage or blue bin even if empty

from https://www.toronto.ca/services-payment ... ous-waste/

Items that are corrosive, flammable, explosive or poisonous are considered Household Hazardous Waste and WILL NOT be collected with your garbage or Blue Bin recycling.

Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) must not be put in garbage or Blue Bin recycling, or poured down the drain, toilet or sewer.

from https://www.toronto.ca/services-payment ... te-wizard/

In practice that's why you punch a hole on the can to ensure it's empty and unpressurized, then it's no different from a piece of sheet metal. MEC even sells an overpriced tool just to do that.

Although I'll agree the regulation is the way it is because too many people throw still pressurized cans into recycling.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
9968 posts
11363 upvotes
Toronto
jzmtl wrote: In practice that's why you punch a hole on the can to ensure it's empty and unpressurized, then it's no different from a piece of sheet metal. MEC even sells an overpriced tool just to do that.

Although I'll agree the regulation is the way it is because too many people throw still pressurized cans into recycling.
Thanks, did not know about this tool.

There is a note on the page, "Note: please confirm your municipal recycling regulations as they vary from place to place."
Jun 24, 2020
19 posts
26 upvotes
Now I just have to wait until that tool goes on sale at MEC...
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
1328 posts
112 upvotes
I got mine at the Still Creek Costco at the beginning on this season!
Dec 9, 2017
307 posts
851 upvotes
flyingnurse wrote: These are not good, they do not heat up enough to cook anything. PASS
I call BS, I have the walmart version and it is the fastest for boiling water and coffee and milk and you name it. This past weekend in algonquin I did a 10 egg omelet every morning, cheated on the sausages as I was too lazy to take the bbq out and did 2 trays of breakfast sausages in less than 10 min.
Dec 3, 2020
19 posts
6 upvotes
Bought one beginning of this summer and it has worked perfectly for me all season camping. Definitely recommend. Great price for it.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1664 posts
1029 upvotes
Anybody still see these in the lower mainland anywhere? Prob long gone by now?
Mar 26, 2007
252 posts
147 upvotes
I hate that I missed this deal...

If I call a Costco and cite the item number (1449740) would they be able to check all stores or just the store that I am calling?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1897 posts
1045 upvotes
Happosai wrote: I hate that I missed this deal...

If I call a Costco and cite the item number (1449740) would they be able to check all stores or just the store that I am calling?
They should be able to tell you which location has the item & price they're set at. Since not all locations have it as clearance.
Dec 29, 2008
480 posts
597 upvotes
Mississauga
OrangeBerry wrote: I know I could just buy a propane coleman stove to hook it up to my propane tank but for whatever reason I'm attracted to the butane stove burners and would prefer using those with propane. I have yet to find an adapter or anything close to allow me to use my butane stove with propane... cans are cheap when they go on sale but nothing is worse then having your fire go out in the middle of a much needed heat source while making food!
You're welcome

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=dual+fuel+bur ... _sb_noss_2
Aug 2, 2018
61 posts
52 upvotes
If someone plans on using this to eat hotpot very often at home I would implore you to invest in the low profile Japanese butane stoves. They're expensive but they sit a low lower on the table and it's a lot easier to grab food from the pot.
Dec 29, 2008
480 posts
597 upvotes
Mississauga
syunze wrote: If someone plans on using this to eat hotpot very often at home I would implore you to invest in the low profile Japanese butane stoves. They're expensive but they sit a low lower on the table and it's a lot easier to grab food from the pot.
if people eats hotpots frequently at home, I would suggest an induction stove like the one from ikea over butane/propane anyday, quicker boiling not to mention the convenience and cost of running. Butane gas canisters cost add up.
Aug 2, 2018
61 posts
52 upvotes
RadioDude wrote: if people eats hotpots frequently at home, I would suggest an induction stove like the one from ikea over butane/propane anyday, quicker boiling not to mention the convenience and cost of running. Butane gas canisters cost add up.
I had that exact induction stove you mentioned from ikea and returned it cause it was really loud. Also it seems like all the low profile induction cooktops are of a similar design. I do agree that butane gas is more expensive but in my opinion the trade off is worth it, gas it significantly quieter.