GE Cafe Gas Range with Double Oven. -$2659. $1140 Off

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2022 10:19 am
[OP]
Jun 9, 2019
22 posts
46 upvotes

[Costco] GE Cafe Gas Range with Double Oven. -$2659. $1140 Off

Great range for those looking for a gas one. I had the profile version (downgrade) before I moved and I've been looking for a good gas range under 3000. Other retailers all still have this posted for 3799+.

The duel fuel version, which a lot of people do prefer is not on sale but I never have any issues with my gas oven. They were sold out yesterday but it's posted back up now. 5% off until mid June and $1000 off until mid July.

Edit* with the 20% off all online purchases this weekend it makes this deal super hot. I just submitted my price adjustment for another 531 off making this price $2127. Almost 50% off!
Last edited by pkerallstar on May 28th, 2022 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
71 replies
Feb 21, 2013
257 posts
230 upvotes
GTA
Insane that they have 1 yr+ wait times for their induction ranges and the gas ranges are on sale for $1000 off.
May 17, 2011
701 posts
665 upvotes
Toronto
I have an older model in dual fuel and want this one SO badly.
Anyone order appliances and get Costco to deliver later than the date shown? I don't need it for at least 6 weeks and would rather not try to store it.
Aug 16, 2017
20 posts
20 upvotes
I got this range after 8 months. My fridge and dishwasher has been delayed multiple times. Fridge is projected to arrive Jan 2023 and dishwasher for Nov 2022, meaning it'll be 12-16 months of waiting.
Jul 19, 2018
267 posts
160 upvotes
Mississauga
BBChemikx wrote: I got this range after 8 months. My fridge and dishwasher has been delayed multiple times. Fridge is projected to arrive Jan 2023 and dishwasher for Nov 2022, meaning it'll be 12-16 months of waiting.
how are you liking this range? Is it better than LG and samsung ranges in the market?
Aug 16, 2017
20 posts
20 upvotes
IrfanP53614 wrote: how are you liking this range? Is it better than LG and samsung ranges in the market?
I'm coming from a basic electric stove so my opinion won't mean much lol. So far no complaints, I got the white version and it's beautiful.
May 17, 2011
701 posts
665 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered it. My mom has this stove in white and it's miles ahead of what I have. Hopefully I'll be able to sell my stove to offset this a bit. ;-)
thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1615 posts
445 upvotes
Toronto
This is so tempting, but I literally just bought a gas stove 8 months ago. I feel like there is a huge hassle to sell it, and can't justify just getting rid of a basically brand new stove.
Jul 19, 2018
267 posts
160 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP! pulled the trigger on this one.
Was in the market for one. Initially was looking into Samsung and LG but this definitely seems a better option. Also was offer the same model in white on clearance at RONA in Mississauga for $2700 2 days ago on clearance but white was not an option for me since all other appliances are Stainless steel in my kitchen.

Delivery date is June 2nd.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2015
1126 posts
410 upvotes
Calgary, AB
hollowman121 wrote: homedepot sells for $300 this morning Full Moon With Face
Wishful thinking

All those orders are being cancelled
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1685 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
Would the bottom oven be large enough to roast a turkey?
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
4514 posts
7190 upvotes
Canada
I got a NOx monitor for my house after reading about bad health effects on CBC etc. levels are almost nil with my gas Capital range and as long as I keep the range hood on there is zero issue.

Induction would be nice given our solar array but would way rather get a heat pump on a per dollar basis. Gas is great to cook on.
[OP]
Jun 9, 2019
22 posts
46 upvotes
jindogae wrote: Would the bottom oven be large enough to roast a turkey?
My sister says she has done a 20lb turkey in the bottom several times with no issues.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1785 posts
687 upvotes
jindogae wrote: Would the bottom oven be large enough to roast a turkey?
We have the induction version of this stone and yes, it's big enough to roast a turkey.

A couple of issues that we've found:
1) the controls knobs are frequently adjusted when you're moving along the stove, reaching for the back pots;
2} steam from the oven (when we're cooking potatoes) will lock up the control panel;
3) the lower front oven door has delaminated. For the price, you wouldn't expect this to happen.
Last edited by Genblue on May 26th, 2022 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1685 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
Oh wow. I would find those things extremely annoying.
For those of you that bought the range did you also buy the extended warranty?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1212 posts
1728 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Genblue wrote: We have the induction version of this stone and yes, it's big enough to roast a turkey.

A couple of issues that we've found:
1) the controls knobs are frequently adjusted when you're moving along the stove, reaching for the back pots;
2} steam from the oven (when we're cooking potatoes) will lock up the control panel;
3) the lower front oven door has delaminated. For the price, you wouldn't expect this to happen.
The bottom oven is incredibly low as well, right on the floor. I've noticed that mostly but every point you make is accurate. I don't have delamination however. It also needs more bell. It's great if you're cooking on it but the wifi alarms are too slow coming through (7 minutes at times) Mexican made unit, probably all induction are.

Has an ethernet jack If you don't want wifi. You can also have wifi for maintaining time but prevent any control, which I thought was nice but have no idea how secure it really is.

If I were to do it all again I would separate induction top and go built-ins for double oven so it's waist height or so... getting old sux.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1785 posts
687 upvotes
Ruciz wrote: The bottom oven is incredibly low as well, right on the floor. I've noticed that mostly but every point you make is accurate. I don't have delamination however. It also needs more bell. It's great if you're cooking on it but the wifi alarms are too slow coming through (7 minutes at times) Mexican made unit, probably all induction are.

Has an ethernet jack If you don't want wifi. You can also have wifi for maintaining time but prevent any control, which I thought was nice but have no idea how secure it really is.

If I were to do it all again I would separate induction top and go built-ins for double oven so it's waist height or so... getting old sux.
Yes, the lower oven should be added to the list, especially when putting in and pull out a turkey.

The ovens also don't have bottom elements (contrary to the literature at the time), so trying to cook pizzas from scratch can be challenging.

The induction burners boil water incredibly fast, which is a great feature (assuming that you have compatible pots and pans).

While I'm at it, I should also mention that we keep our drying towels on the upper bar, which becomes a pain when using the lower oven since the towels get wedge in the lower door, so you need to be careful to pull out the towels or just move them, like we do.
Jul 23, 2009
679 posts
429 upvotes
jrshopper wrote: I have an older model in dual fuel and want this one SO badly.
Anyone order appliances and get Costco to deliver later than the date shown? I don't need it for at least 6 weeks and would rather not try to store it.
From my exp, the date on Costco order is when they will have the shipment prepared. You will have the option to select a delivery date( I got up to 4 weeks) on my appliance order from Costco

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)