GE Profile Stainless Steel Gas Range with Wifi and Air Fry $899.97

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2022 8:36 pm
[OP]
May 20, 2004
694 posts
694 upvotes

[Costco] GE Profile Stainless Steel Gas Range with Wifi and Air Fry $899.97

For Costco Members only. Includes delivery and haulaway of your old stove, if needed. I just got this range delivered yesterday. First impressions are good. The burners are better than my previous Maytag and the Wifi setup was easy and seems to work well. Integration with Alexa doesn't seem possible in Canada but I have an ongoing ticket with GE to find out.

Currently selling at Home Depot for $1499.99

I priced matched Costco's previous special offer price of $1,159.99, which the HD rep thought was a crazy deal for this range. Then I saw it go on clearance for $899.97 at Costco and cancelled the HD order. They would not price match the $899.97 because it's a member-only price, but you can try. You can add 3 years to the 2 year warranty for another $98.99:

https://www.costco.ca/excellenceplus%2b ... 09375.html
Last edited by bigdaddyyc on Jan 27th, 2022 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
70 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2589 posts
629 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
damn. great price. wish they had in slate. it'd match the brand/model of the rest of our appliances.
Saving money on things I don't need since 2009. thanks RFD

Woodstock, ON
Sep 2, 2005
808 posts
463 upvotes
Toronto
why does an oven need wifi? can it alert you if the gas is left on?
Sep 18, 2021
687 posts
219 upvotes
zaius wrote: why does an oven need wifi? can it alert you if the gas is left on?
No ore things to break. I would rather my house burn down.
Jun 18, 2006
252 posts
232 upvotes
Burnaby
OP, may I ask why you did not pick the Haier one that's 100 more?
How did you get it installed and how much?
Will shops like HD offer installation services or you recommend hiring private installer?
May 3, 2018
263 posts
414 upvotes
Could someone with more experience compare this with the Haier one?
I find this one got higher BTU, should I pick this one over the Haier one?
Jul 17, 2013
66 posts
98 upvotes
Calgary
rockxxxlee wrote: Could someone with more experience compare this with the Haier one?
I find this one got higher BTU, should I pick this one over the Haier one?

The home appliances business, namely Haier Smart Home, has seven global brands – Haier, Casarte, Leader, GE Appliances, Fisher & Paykel, Aqua and Candy.

They're the same maker. You want to go with the highest btu.
Last edited by masterlowping on Jan 27th, 2022 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
May 20, 2004
694 posts
694 upvotes
supramessiah wrote: OP, may I ask why you did not pick the Haier one that's 100 more?
How did you get it installed and how much?
Will shops like HD offer installation services or you recommend hiring private installer?
I chose this one because apprently the Haier one requires you to use the app to turn the oven light on. The burners are also at the edges of the stovetop which doesn't make sense to me. These design blunders made me worry about what other design mistakes I'd encounter. The GE brand, while being owned by Haier, has a long history and have probably the most reliabily designed gas ranges in the industry, and parts are easier to get if needed down the line.

I have an existing gas line to my oven location. If you don't have this already, you'll have to contact a gas fitter aka. Hvac technician to quote you because the length of the line and access to the oven location will determine the cost. I'd say anywhere from $400-600 should be expected but could be higher for long runs or complicated installs. I personally swapped out the old oven with the new myself, many youtube videos show how to do that but if you're not comfortable with that, an hvac technician should install it for under $200, which is the higher end.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1280 posts
1821 upvotes
Toronto
justrajdeep wrote: Is that oven gas or electric?
Title of this thread says gas. Costco link says gas.
Nov 21, 2011
87 posts
187 upvotes
I've been looking to replace the gas range that came with the house when we bought it for some time now - this looks like a great price.

If Costco only offers delivery and haul-away, are you guys handling the installation yourself? Assuming gas line already exists at the stove with a shutoff.
Dec 30, 2017
613 posts
762 upvotes
GTA
ichibansan wrote: Title of this thread says gas. Costco link says gas.
I am asking if it is dual fuel? The cooktop is gas but can't find any information on the oven.
Oct 14, 2017
356 posts
214 upvotes
London
I own this one minus the Wi-Fi capability. Great oven!
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12245 posts
2011 upvotes
justrajdeep wrote: I am asking if it is dual fuel? The cooktop is gas but can't find any information on the oven.
If it doesn't say duel fuel it's not duel fuel.
Mar 23, 2017
404 posts
520 upvotes
Toronto
o1solstice wrote: I've been looking to replace the gas range that came with the house when we bought it for some time now - this looks like a great price.

If Costco only offers delivery and haul-away, are you guys handling the installation yourself? Assuming gas line already exists at the stove with a shutoff.
Installation is easy, you just need some of the special yellow gas tape and a couple of wrenches.
[OP]
May 20, 2004
694 posts
694 upvotes
Swerny wrote: nice deal but OOS
Still showing stock for me. It depends on your postal code.
Jun 3, 2021
15 posts
38 upvotes
I got a ge gas range from Costco a month back.

Costco delivered the range, they will go into your home and put it where you want. You have to pay for someone else to disconnect the gas line before they are at your house if you want them to haul it away - they don’t do gas disconnect. After they haul it away, the same person likely knows to come back and reconnect the gas line.

One thing to note about the ge range I have is the grate thing doesn’t have an opening at the centre - you can see in the picture the metal grate goes from one side through the middle to the other. This means if you have any round bottom woks, you can’t use it on this gas range. Don’t matter if you use flat bottom though.

Also build quality is kinda iffy cause the knob things for turning on the gas don’t line up exactly to the off marker, but that’s just appearance, but idk if that’s common.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)