• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2018 10:33 pm
8 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1623 posts
1089 upvotes
Toronto
Good price, I remember buying mines at Walmart for like $130 or so.

I seriously have experienced a huge difference in quality of air when using it and when not using it.
Apr 24, 2013
579 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
Terrible plastic smell from this unit. Just read the reviews. I don't get how any person can handle the smell. Even after 1 year of use - it still stinks.

I off-loaded mine [...] on kijiji. Happy I did
Last edited by Mars2012 on May 5th, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: don't use that term
I got Fido and Public Mobile. [removed solicitation] ????
Aug 29, 2009
87 posts
54 upvotes
john5170 wrote: Terrible plastic smell from this unit. Just read the reviews. I don't get how any person can handle the smell. Even after 1 year of use - it still stinks.

I off-loaded mine[...] on kijiji. Happy I did
This is exactly what was said... LOL
Bleachway wrote: I seriously have experienced a huge difference in quality of air when using it and when not using it.
Last edited by Mars2012 on May 5th, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Dec 10, 2017
895 posts
802 upvotes
Toronto
My room gets very dusty, cat is always in it and sheds alot too.

Will this be worth the purchase? What do you all recommend to keep the dust and allergens down? I dust / polish atleast once per week already.
Stay Frosty'
Mar 10, 2018
4 posts
3 upvotes
I recently picked up a levoit air purifier from Amazon. It wasn't on sale though but doesn't create any smell like this one and I've noticed it's helped a lot with my congestion
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3373 posts
3852 upvotes
I have two Blueair filters that work amazing. But UV-C is a great addition to air filtration assuming that it draws viruses from the air efficiently. There's talk of putting UV-C lamps in public spaces like malls, schools and transit, to reduce incidence of flu and cold.
For Sale:
Oct 15, 2011
70 posts
51 upvotes
BC
Just an FYI, these are the 3-in-1 22 inch models with a dial for settings. If you are looking for something bigger (for larger rooms) Costco also has the AC5350B model @ $140 each which is a 4-in-1 with digital controls & timer option.

For 2, it's $10 more than the 22 inch models but no extra filters. CCC shows lower price in a long time. Amazon has the same price but I like Costco return policy better.

Thanks for the post OP. Reminded me to start looking at these again.

Edit: Looked at GermGuardian website and the 22's only have a 3 year warranty where as the 28's have a 5 year.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10514 posts
5140 upvotes
Toronto
now with the weather getting warming I can remind myself that I can just open all the windows, air becomes nice and fresh

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)