Expired Hot Deals

Costco

GermGuardian 4-in-1 UV-C Tower Air Purifier 2-pack with 2 Filters $214.99 ($55 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2021 11:04 am
[OP]
Jan 12, 2017
559 posts
1463 upvotes

[Costco] GermGuardian 4-in-1 UV-C Tower Air Purifier 2-pack with 2 Filters $214.99 ($55 off)

Product269.99$
Less55.00$-
Price214.99$
Shipping & Handling Included
$55 OFF

Price Reduction from 10/18/21 to 10/31/21.

Features:
Up to 14.2 sq. m. (153 sq. ft.) coverage
UV-C light
True HEPA filtration
Pre-filter/ charcoal filter
Additional 2 True HEPA filters

Another on sale item:
GermGuardian Elite Air Purifier Tower with HEPA Filter and UV-C, 2-pack

Product349.99$
Less100.00$-
Price249.99$
Standard Delivery
$100 OFF

Price Reduction from 10/11/21 to 10/24/21.

Features:
UV-C technology kills germs
Removes odours
Digital controls
Programmable timer
5 fan speeds
Thread Summary
If you're shopping for more options, check out RFD Reviews' roundup of the best air purifiers for your home and office!
45 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21338 posts
1405 upvotes
Shanghai, China
Is this any good? Does it actually work?
Apr 9, 2006
154 posts
62 upvotes
Ville-Marie
Sgt_Strider wrote: Is this any good? Does it actually work?
I have the older version (Dial version), and I love it. I prefer the older version because it's a manual dial switch which I can use with my smart plug to turn on/off.
May 9, 2020
170 posts
532 upvotes
So it works, but in a weird way. Only the right side of it blows air out. The left side does nothing.

At setting 3, its obnoxiously loud
[OP]
Jan 12, 2017
559 posts
1463 upvotes
tigerpg wrote: I have the older version (Dial version), and I love it. I prefer the older version because it's a manual dial switch which I can use with my smart plug to turn on/off.
I did same. lol
[OP]
Jan 12, 2017
559 posts
1463 upvotes
Cronos647 wrote: So it works, but in a weird way. Only the right side of it blows air out. The left side does nothing.

At setting 3, its obnoxiously loud
Agreed. Even setting 1 is loud to me for night sleeping. So I have to shut it off before sleeping.
Jun 2, 2011
546 posts
486 upvotes
CADR rating is ~100-120, which is fair (step up from poor).

Unless the room you put this in isn't much bigger than about 225 sqft, it's not adequate,

*Take sqft of room you want to purify, figure out what 2/3rds of that number equals, and find yourself a purifier with a matching (or higher) CADR value.

HEPA filtration = good
Charcoal filtration = good
UV-C light = ehh
Ozone / Ionize jargon = skip
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5021 posts
992 upvotes
I had them for 5 years now, definitely a game changer for my wife and I during allergy season. We have it on 365 days a year and buy the replacement filters on amazon. I have it set to level 1 during sleep and we hardly notice it.
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
[OP]
Jan 12, 2017
559 posts
1463 upvotes
bob12344 wrote: its not the same one.. im not sure what the difference is and if its worth the trouble for 30.00
then return yours and order again
Sep 25, 2007
532 posts
190 upvotes
akz wrote: I had them for 5 years now, definitely a game changer for my wife and I during allergy season. We have it on 365 days a year and buy the replacement filters on amazon. I have it set to level 1 during sleep and we hardly notice it.
Which model you have? I just returned the model in the second deal https://www.costco.ca/germguardian-elit ... 62903.html, fan got really noisy after a couple of months of usage...
Apr 2, 2015
341 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bought this Purifier on Amazon a few months ago for $119. I guess there’s a shortage of these too - they were widely available across all merchants when I was looking but seems to be delisted at several stores.
Feb 1, 2009
400 posts
469 upvotes
Toronto
Thinking about buying this but might be overkill since my HVAC system has a MERV 12 (3M 1500) filter that captures up to 0.3 microns and i just run the fan day and night. Not looking for surgery room cleanliness, I think this set up will do unless someone tells me otherwise….
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21338 posts
1405 upvotes
Shanghai, China
akz wrote: I had them for 5 years now, definitely a game changer for my wife and I during allergy season. We have it on 365 days a year and buy the replacement filters on amazon. I have it set to level 1 during sleep and we hardly notice it.
Easy to buy and replace the filters? Fairly low maintenance?
Nov 19, 2009
694 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
Ive got 2 of the older (dial) ones that I dont use anymore and want to sell. they work well but since I moved they dont fit with my space. in toronto. DM me if you're interested
Apr 30, 2008
657 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
I've got the black one from the other link. I got them in-store about 3-4 years ago, and they were on clearance for like $99.97. I could've sworn I've seen them on clearance at that price before, but in any case, $250 for the pair isn't a bad deal. Like any decent air purifier, they're great at trapping dust and fine particulate matter with the HEPA filters. The problem I have with these ones is I don't like the noise the fan/machine emits. I've got 3 other air purifiers in the house from Sharp and Coway, and both those have a much more calm and "natural" sounding hum to them when they're on. These Germguardian ones emit this almost high-pitched whine to them that I find annoying, even at their lowest, quietest fan speed. But they were cheap, and my work-around to the those is to simply run them when I'm not in the room. And yes, if you run these machines at the highest fan speed, it's stupid loud. My Coway is just as loud, and the old Sharp one the quietest, which makes me wonder if the fan is pushing as hard to circulate and clean the air as well as the Coway. Also on these units, when you turn on the UVC light, a massive blue light ring turns on, which is crazy bright and no way to disable. Also, when turning the machine on, it defaults to the max fan speed, which is crazy loud, so it has no "memory" of your previous fan speed, so you're always having to adjust the fan speed/UVC light to your preferred setting each time. Default on is max fan and no UVC light.

They sell the repalcement filters at BBB which you can apply the usual 20% coupon too, so you get genuine filters for a decent price. Of course there are knock off filters on amazon. Filter light comes on after about 8 months for me, and I run the thing about 10 hours a day. Also to note, is that they have UV-C light bulbs that tend to need replacement. Both my machines the bulbs lasted about 2 years before needing replacement, and I always ran the machine with the UVC light mode on for reference. I got knock-off replacement bulbs from amazon, i think they were like $10 a bulb or something, compared to $20 for the OEM part.

If you're sensitive to certain types of noises, beware. I personally can't stand the noise and can't have the machine on when sleeping, other than that, it's a decent unit. Always amazing to see the amount of dirt collected in those HEPA filters when replacing. Crazy to think all that dust is just floating around the room waiting to be inhaled into our lungs...
Last edited by TH3R on Oct 18th, 2021 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21338 posts
1405 upvotes
Shanghai, China
tigerpg wrote: I have the older version (Dial version), and I love it. I prefer the older version because it's a manual dial switch which I can use with my smart plug to turn on/off.
Can't use the current version with a smart plug?