[Costco] Get a $200 Costco Shop Card when you spend $2,000 or more at Costco.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2020 4:54 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2007
4550 posts
1914 upvotes
Ottawa
Yeah, we'll be calling in as well. I placed separate orders for tires, rims, and a mattress - well over the $2000 before taxes and other charges. Wouldn't take the promo code either together or separately and we had $50 off codes for orders of $250 or more and the system only allowed one of them on one order.
Oct 5, 2002
480 posts
97 upvotes
For those who successfully used the BONUS2020 code, does the invoice show "Discount on Order $0.01"? Or how do you know the bonus went through ?
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1349 posts
364 upvotes
gyozaman wrote: For those who successfully used the BONUS2020 code, does the invoice show "Discount on Order $0.01"? Or how do you know the bonus went through ?
That is what I got too. I hope I will get $200 GC. LOL
Koodo $35/10GB 😎
Public Mobile $30/2GB 😎
Tesla Model 3 owner 😁
Dec 29, 2017
20 posts
6 upvotes
MilenaL17152 wrote: On the 3rd of September I bought a washer and dryer suite that cost over $2500 c but it was just n a special unmatchable everywhere else, with extended warranty came out about $500- $650 cheaper than everywhere else. It’s already been delivery. The product i not in stock anymore and the offer is gone. Do you think they Would they give me the $200 I call?
I am pretty positive that they will give you the GC. Go ahead and call them
Feb 9, 2017
83 posts
50 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I bought two sets of tires (winter and all season) and one set off rims. The two sets came over $2000 and it took the code but when I went to place order, it said that the requirements were not met for the promo which I don't get. I read the promo terms 5 times over and don't see anywhere where it states tires are exempt. Wrote an email with a screenshot and hopefully they will honour the promo. If not, I guess I will be cancelling and will order my all season tires in the spring.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2007
4550 posts
1914 upvotes
Ottawa
EducatorDave wrote: I bought two sets of tires (winter and all season) and one set off rims. The two sets came over $2000 and it took the code but when I went to place order, it said that the requirements were not met for the promo which I don't get. I read the promo terms 5 times over and don't see anywhere where it states tires are exempt. Wrote an email with a screenshot and hopefully they will honour the promo. If not, I guess I will be cancelling and will order my all season tires in the spring.
A lot of us will be appealing this. We'll see where Costco lands. I suspect that their system wasn't built properly - or they really did intend to exclude tires and rims.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8180 posts
2813 upvotes
Toronto
No one should have an issue.

I placed my order (tires & rims) last night without the code attached since it said that I didn't meet the requirements. Called in today and the rep said I'll get the shop card in 10-15 business days, no hassle at all.
Feb 9, 2017
83 posts
50 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Variability wrote: No one should have an issue.

I placed my order (tires & rims) last night without the code attached since it said that I didn't meet the requirements. Called in today and the rep said I'll get the shop card in 10-15 business days, no hassle at all.
Somewhat same result but did have to ask for someone from management after I was told that "unfortunately tires are considered a custom order and is not part of the promotion". Was put on hold for about 7 minutes and then she came back and said that it will be honored but in the future, they will not due to tires as being considered as custom. I explained that yes, when you order rims, it does take you to a different site but not when ordering tires. I also told her that they need to make it explicit in the terms "no tires or rims". Now I just hope Michelin tires come out with a Costco card rebate in the next 30 days so I can get some more cash cards.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1890 posts
1247 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Seems a good chance to get myself a new MacBook, so tempting but wallet hurts
Mar 12, 2017
55 posts
48 upvotes
So this is over? What a shame I didn't see the thread yesterday. I have to buy a new fridge. Would have been perfect with the tires I have to buy (if tire works, I see they already have a 100$ gift card.
Sep 6, 2012
490 posts
176 upvotes
Vancouver
hi all, have anyone gotten their $200 gc yet?
Jul 3, 2019
191 posts
136 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Still haven't received mine yet.
I forgot what the agent said. I think he said it would take 5-10 business days via canada post.