Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Get a $200 Costco Shop Card when you spend $2,000 or more at Costco.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2020 4:54 pm
Mar 1, 2016
540 posts
210 upvotes
Supertrash17 wrote: Do you have experience getting a price adjustment from Costco during Black Friday? Would I need to drive the TV there (nearest Costco is 2 hours away), return it then rebuy it? Or would they simply honor the adjustment over the phone? TIA!
I've asked them about this at Costco and they said they can only do price adjustments in a 15 day window. The store people told me the best option they can think of is to return and buy again.
Sep 26, 2010
175 posts
36 upvotes
Thanks OP.
Called and CSR applied promo code for last week's order.
Instead of sending shop card, CSR applied $200 credit to my credit card.

Cheers Clinking Beer Mugs
Jan 5, 2008
43 posts
35 upvotes
Halifax
Supertrash17 wrote: So I would need to haul that 75" TV to Costco 2 hours away to return/rebuy it. I don't think I would want to do that.
Completely unnecessary. Go to Costco, buy same TV again, stop at returns counter, have them refund original purchase (I kept the receipt). Leave TV there and go home to your price protected TV.

I did that about 8 years ago. One counter staff said, "I'm confused", other staff person said, "he's just price protecting". They can then just put the TV back on the floor. Win win for you.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3125 posts
4391 upvotes
Langley, BC
jeffreychen wrote: Will they claw back the gc if the product is returned?
How dumb do you think Costco is?
Jul 3, 2019
216 posts
152 upvotes
Richmond Hill
shawnie53 wrote: They just did it for me. I asked for that rather that return and repurchase everything. They took my account number and tallied up the purchases to determine that it exceeds the threshold before taxes.
Did you call or email them?
Was yours also multiple purchases within the last month?
Jan 9, 2014
575 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
Infiverse wrote: Would they do it if i made multiple purchases within the last month totaling to $3,000?
Depends how bad you want the 200$ GC,
You could return all those items and rebuy them in one transaction lolz.
Jul 3, 2019
216 posts
152 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Pharmer wrote: Depends how bad you want the 200$ GC,
You could return all those items and rebuy them in one transaction lolz.
$200 is $200. items are quite small and easily returned instore. I thought it would just save their time of returning and rebuying.
Sep 6, 2006
239 posts
126 upvotes
Supertrash17 wrote: Just read that Costco's policy for price adjustments is 30 days, but the return window for TVs is 90 days. So I would need to haul that 75" TV to Costco 2 hours away to return/rebuy it. I don't think I would want to do that. Hmmmm.....if only I knew what the BF price on the already decently priced 75X900H is gonna be.
You could just call them to return and have them pick it up (for free) and buy a new one at the sale price.
Oct 27, 2012
440 posts
234 upvotes
Donovan wrote: Completely unnecessary. Go to Costco, buy same TV again, stop at returns counter, have them refund original purchase (I kept the receipt). Leave TV there and go home to your price protected TV.

I did that about 8 years ago. One counter staff said, "I'm confused", other staff person said, "he's just price protecting". They can then just put the TV back on the floor. Win win for you.
That is actually a great idea. Thanks for the tip! The only problem is to actually secure a TV at Costco during Black Friday when I live 2 hours away. Not sure how easy that would be.
Oct 27, 2012
440 posts
234 upvotes
swt_shelly wrote: You could just call them to return and have them pick it up (for free) and buy a new one at the sale price.
Hmm interesting. Buy one online instead of in-store, and initiate return (of the old one) immediately upon receiving it. This could work, maybe.
Mar 22, 2017
28 posts
19 upvotes
just called them about my order I placed two weeks ago and they refunded me 200$. Thank you OP!!
Nov 22, 2010
27 posts
13 upvotes
Infiverse wrote: $200 is $200. items are quite small and easily returned instore. I thought it would just save their time of returning and rebuying.
I think it would be your time that would be saved. You'd be the one who has to spend time to gather all the products, make the drive, and line up to return. They'd be working regardless. They make it as inconvenient as possible for the customer.
Jan 22, 2013
176 posts
67 upvotes
Vancouver
Smiles168 wrote: I can't decide between buying an iMac with this Costco deal vs buying going with the back to school airpod deal.
I’m in the same predicament. Inclined to say to go with Apple since you have better selection
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
1104 posts
452 upvotes
zzsfx wrote: Thanks OP.
Called and CSR applied promo code for last week's order.
Instead of sending shop card, CSR applied $200 credit to my credit card.

Cheers Clinking Beer Mugs

Wow, that's very generous of them.. good on Costco, that's why I'll always prefer them over any other retailer.
Feb 12, 2011
63 posts
110 upvotes
Ottawa
Had a bunch of purchases in the last month that were under 2k individually before tax, but well over as a whole. Called in, they manually processed a request and are mailing me a $200 card.