• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2020 4:54 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2605 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Oh man.
If you have an Executive membership (2%) and a credit card with the promo 10% money back, this is a sweeter deal.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1098 posts
219 upvotes
I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a fridge. Maybe now is the time. Thanks OP.
Jan 29, 2014
25 posts
48 upvotes
EDMONTON
Costco just credited me back $200 on my purchase from earlier this week for the 85” Sony x900h. Just make sure you ask for a credit back to the card instead of a $200 shop card being mailed out if you call in.
Feb 12, 2011
64 posts
135 upvotes
Ottawa
binderjinder wrote: Costco just credited me back $200 on my purchase from earlier this week for the 85” Sony x900h. Just make sure you ask for a credit back to the card instead of a $200 shop card being mailed out if you call in.
Eh, I should have, but waiting a week for the GC to arrive isn't the worst thing in the world and I'll spend that card in half a trip to the store.
Mar 29, 2019
220 posts
235 upvotes
FightingInternet wrote: Had a bunch of purchases in the last month that were under 2k individually before tax, but well over as a whole. Called in, they manually processed a request and are mailing me a $200 card.
Wow, this is great. Was it in store purchases or all online?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2217 posts
1553 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Donovan wrote: Completely unnecessary. Go to Costco, buy same TV again, stop at returns counter, have them refund original purchase (I kept the receipt). Leave TV there and go home to your price protected TV.

I did that about 8 years ago. One counter staff said, "I'm confused", other staff person said, "he's just price protecting". They can then just put the TV back on the floor. Win win for you.
I'm surprised this technique would work today because for laptops they will check the serial number and you could not return a different laptop even from the same model. Maybe for TVs or maybe at Costco they don't really bother but it's surprising. The reason these most companies check for serial numbers is because it would be too easy to return an item that you didn't actually buy there or that wasn't specifically covered with a warranty.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Dec 29, 2017
22 posts
6 upvotes
hammerofhope wrote: I bought a ~$4k sectional from their site a month ago and it still hasn't shipped (and therefore not billed), what are the odds that customer service could attach this offer onto that purchase?
Bro I have the exact situation as you. I will call today to see what they will do.
Aug 24, 2018
600 posts
818 upvotes
Langley BC
This is a nice deal. We just purchased a lg washer and dryer last week totaling $1499 before tax (not delivered yet but has been shipped). Thinking about what we can add to bring us up to 2K. Spending $300 to get $500 in value seems not bad. Currently thinking about an IPone se2 for my wife (would be like getting it for $400 so a good but not great deal). Could also purchase the warranty (5 years) and then something else. Decisions Decisions.....
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
Aug 24, 2018
600 posts
818 upvotes
Langley BC
Hopefully someone can easily answer this question. If you buy a matching set (washer and dryer as a package) would i need to purchase 2 extended warranties or just get one that would match the price of the set? I am assuming I would need 2 and I couldn't find it online so I figured I would ask here. Thanks.
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5563 posts
1195 upvotes
binderjinder wrote: Costco just credited me back $200 on my purchase from earlier this week for the 85” Sony x900h. Just make sure you ask for a credit back to the card instead of a $200 shop card being mailed out if you call in.
i have not seen the 85 900h model online
how much was it?
Dec 26, 2012
69 posts
46 upvotes
ilusa wrote: I could use some rims and tires, but i dont think this brings me to the 2000 mark :(
See post #15 CaptSmethwick from Ottawa also needs tires. Maybe you buy together Also, Blizzaks come with a $100 cash card. Might stack with this, might even be able to stack 2 x Blizzak promo cards with the $200 promo.
Dec 26, 2012
69 posts
46 upvotes
CaptSmethwick wrote: I need at least one set of snow tires, set of rims. I guess I can add in a few hundred dollars worth of kalamata olives...
Possible solution for you, see post # 70, unless you really want a lifetime supply of olives:)
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2007
4669 posts
2050 upvotes
Ottawa
tmkYOW wrote: Possible solution for you, see post # 70, unless you really want a lifetime supply of olives:)
I'm good. Thanks. I was kidding about the olives. I am definitely not going to go to the trouble of group buying to get a coupon from Costco.
Jul 3, 2019
222 posts
156 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Just got off the phone with costco and they're going to mail me a $200 gift card for 5 online purchases I made that total $2,000 pretax within the last month.
Saves me the hassle of refunding and rebuying everything today. Thanks OP!
Mar 21, 2009
239 posts
90 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
DonM28020 wrote: This is a nice deal. We just purchased a lg washer and dryer last week totaling $1499 before tax (not delivered yet but has been shipped). Thinking about what we can add to bring us up to 2K. Spending $300 to get $500 in value seems not bad. Currently thinking about an IPone se2 for my wife (would be like getting it for $400 so a good but not great deal). Could also purchase the warranty (5 years) and then something else. Decisions Decisions.....
On the same boat - but the product is taken off costco website now ... wonder if we can modify the order again...