None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3424 posts
3555 upvotes
Montreal

[Costco] Get a $25 Costco.ca voucher when signing up to Exec membership

Got this email! Seems pretty good if you sign up for exec member!
Images
  • upload.jpg
20 replies
Dec 26, 2015
628 posts
385 upvotes
Manitoba
wonder if theres any requirement for how old the membership is. I just signed up with the 60$ online voucher within the last month. Wouldn't mind upgrading for the extra voucher
Nov 12, 2019
307 posts
1094 upvotes
Watch the date on the coupon - we upgraded at the end of May and the coupon that expired at the beginning of June.
Dec 29, 2008
563 posts
859 upvotes
Mississauga
the one we got expires september 27, 2020.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1123 posts
314 upvotes
TORONTO
The coupon need to spend minimum$100 online to get $25 off.
My coupon's expiry date is Sept 27. I just upgraded on July 8.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3868 upvotes
My membership expires end of July. Is there a workaround to get the gold membership renewal with the voucher? Maybe have someone else from the household sign up?
May 15, 2007
602 posts
476 upvotes
Till now I have not received my 2019 coupon from Costco. I asked them and they told me they are not sending out the coupons this year.

So any thought about the executive?
May 10, 2013
876 posts
299 upvotes
What are the benefit of having executive vs normal $60 membership? I'm spending about $500/month or even less at costco. I know there's executive coupon once a year or twice, but aside from that what else?

I just cant justify spending another $60 per year just to up my membership.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2994 posts
1698 upvotes
Surrey
I just renewed my 2 weeks ago, any chance I can get this?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5768 posts
5527 upvotes
BC
Rsnav09 wrote: What are the benefit of having executive vs normal $60 membership? I'm spending about $500/month or even less at costco. I know there's executive coupon once a year or twice, but aside from that what else?

I just cant justify spending another $60 per year just to up my membership.
I've never had the executive membership. I can't remember if they give you a cheque or store credit, but you get 2% back of your total spendings at the end of the year. If you spend $3000/year ($250/month), your $60 is covered for the additional membership cost. Anything more than that and you're in the black.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3208 posts
1175 upvotes
Lévis
SizzleChest wrote: I've never had the executive membership. I can't remember if they give you a cheque or store credit, but you get 2% back of your total spendings at the end of the year. If you spend $3000/year ($250/month), your $60 is covered for the additional membership cost. Anything more than that and you're in the black.
If my maths are correct, the 60$ extra to get exec is reduced of 25$, that mean the extra cost is now 35$. So you have to spend 1 750$/year, or 146$/mouth to break even.
And the 25$ coupon has restrictions.
If that can make cashiers to stop insisting about considering it...
Pourquoi pas?
Oct 3, 2015
874 posts
1866 upvotes
Toronto
SizzleChest wrote: I've never had the executive membership. I can't remember if they give you a cheque or store credit, but you get 2% back of your total spendings at the end of the year. If you spend $3000/year ($250/month), your $60 is covered for the additional membership cost. Anything more than that and you're in the black.
This is nitpicking but they charge tax on membership, so it's probably closer to $270 a month depending on how much taxes are in your province.
May 14, 2010
78 posts
9 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Can you double down with the COSTCOFAMILY code?
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1123 posts
314 upvotes
TORONTO
I pay extra $20 to upgrade and get that $25 coupon. If I do not earn enough ($20) by Nov my renewal date, I can get the different back. And I can back down to basic membership. I do not see too much downside to upgrade .
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4523 posts
999 upvotes
Toronto
Veeshmack wrote: wonder if theres any requirement for how old the membership is. I just signed up with the 60$ online voucher within the last month. Wouldn't mind upgrading for the extra voucher
You can get the $25 voucher. I did just this myself. Got the $60 voucher signing up for the basic membership, and 3 weeks later, went in-store and upgraded to executive and got the $25 voucher too. They take your old card and print you a new one on the spot so you'll need to deal with having your card made 2 times. Just make sure to use the vouchers - they don't last forever!
---------
OP - you should change the title to "Get a $25 Costco.ca voucher when UPGRADING to Exec membership" - that's the deal!
You can get more than $25 from other deals when starting a new membership.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2017
1190 posts
1068 upvotes
HappyValley1 wrote: If I do not earn enough ($20) by Nov my renewal date, I can get the different back. And I can back down to basic membership. I do not see too much downside to upgrade .
I was told the same thing a few years ago but they do not give you the difference back. In my case this was after receiving my annual executive member rebate that was less than the upgrade to executive.

I am now in a regular membership.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1123 posts
314 upvotes
TORONTO
George613 wrote: I was told the same thing a few years ago but they do not give you the difference back. In my case this was after receiving my annual executive member rebate that was less than the upgrade to executive.

Did you ask for the refund of the difference and they refused?! I did get the refund of the difference a few years ago and down grade to basic. Costco has no issue to refund the different as long as you did not earn to cover the upgrade cost.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2017
1190 posts
1068 upvotes
HappyValley1 wrote: Did you ask for the refund of the difference and they refused?! I did get the refund of the difference a few years ago and down grade to basic. Costco has no issue to refund the different as long as you did not earn to cover the upgrade cost.
I did everything by the book and while they did eventually make up the difference and downgrade me it was a "one time only" exception. Was a big pain and I totally wasn't expecting it to be such a hassle. They swore up and down I was never promised what they had been telling me for years before I signed on for executive. I still love Costco but some stores and departments can have issues depending on who is in charge.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1123 posts
314 upvotes
TORONTO
George613 wrote: I did everything by the book and while they did eventually make up the difference and downgrade me it was a "one time only" exception. Was a big pain and I totally wasn't expecting it to be such a hassle. They swore up and down I was never promised what they had been telling me for years before I signed on for executive. I still love Costco but some stores and departments can have issues depending on who is in charge.
I totally agree. I think that was my reason to downgraded a few years ago. This time my wife upgraded and she is good to deal with those people. Lol
Apr 23, 2020
20 posts
10 upvotes
George613 wrote: I was told the same thing a few years ago but they do not give you the difference back. In my case this was after receiving my annual executive member rebate that was less than the upgrade to executive.

You have to come in 2 months before your expiry date to get the difference back.

If you spent $25 to upgrade and only made $15 back while being executive, but you are past your expiry date, you'll get to keep the $15 you earned and that's it. That $25 is you'll never get back unless you came in 2 months before your expiry date.

It's a bit of a confusing policy. It requires the member to be very attentive to their spending and the expiry date. Luckily, through the Costco app, you can track you 2% reward earnings.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)