• Jan 20th, 2021 4:53 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
56 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver

[Costco] GhostBed Luxe Memory Foam Mattress $1349.99

The GhostBed Luxe in Queen size is on sale for $1350 (regular 1700 on costco site). There are similar sales on other sizes. I'm not sure if this is truly a great deal, but it normally sells for 1700 on the GhostBed official site: https://www.ghostbed.ca/products/ghostbed-luxe.

Also not sure how much better this is vs the normal GhostBed, which has been on sale before too: costco-ghostbed-natures-sleep-11-coolin ... 9-2371326/
Last edited by Mars2012 on Dec 9th, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added detail and price to title
59 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4737 posts
1741 upvotes
Winnipeg
I'm not sure about this deal but thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll do some more research.
Last edited by MrDisco on Dec 9th, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: thread cleanup
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
May 20, 2003
570 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the post! Too many RFDers are posting negative comments that just make this forum horrible. If it is not a good deal or there is not much interest, this post will naturally become irrelevant without unnecessary negative comments.
Sep 1, 2015
186 posts
58 upvotes
I ordered the original Ghostbed on sale in September and returned after 6 weeks, was too firm for me (side sleeper). Am curious how people are finding this one which is more expensive.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
56 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
cocreg wrote: I ordered the original Ghostbed on sale in September and returned after 6 weeks, was too firm for me (side sleeper). Am curious how people are finding this one which is more expensive.
How did Costco handle the return for the mattress? Did they have a truck pick it up from your home?

I actually don't mind something firmer, but this one is apparently softer than the original Ghostbed.
Aug 12, 2011
12 posts
12 upvotes
I've actually been looking at a firmer mattress. Ghostbed's site says the Original is a 7-8 firmness (Medium-Firm) while the Luxe is a 5-6 (Medium-Plush). So you might find the Luxe to be better for you.
Nov 7, 2017
287 posts
261 upvotes
Leduc
I don't know how good this one is, compared to "Ghostbed by Nature’s Sleep 28 cm (11 in.) Cooling Gel Memory Foam Queen Mattress"
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4737 posts
1741 upvotes
Winnipeg

---

Here is a link to the Ghostbed website for this model: https://www.ghostbed.ca/products/ghostbed-luxe

It's "on sale" for $1,766 plus two free pillows.

Reviews (to be taken with a grain of salt but not bad for comparing materials and firmness):

https://www.mattressclarity.com/reviews/ghostbed-luxe/
https://www.tuck.com/ghostbed-luxe-mattress-review/
https://myslumberyard.com/mattress-revi ... ss-review/
Last edited by MrDisco on Dec 9th, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: thread cleanup
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1842 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto
I’ve got the luxe ordered directly from ghostbed.ca for 1396 plus tax for twin xl. Included two free pillows.
It’s less firm than the original (had that but returned it. They’ll send a truck to pick it up).
It does sleep cooler.
I’m actually a big fan of the shredded pillows but Costco is $200 cheaper without the pillows.
Last edited by dannyphones on Dec 9th, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2010
1031 posts
749 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Came in here looking for ghost jokes. Sadly disappointed Face Screaming In Fear
Nov 7, 2013
984 posts
776 upvotes
Ottawa
Pardon my ignorance, but do these require a specific type of foundation or can I use the existing box spring that I have for my current memory foam mattress? I know there's another brand also sold at Costco that is mighty particular. Can't recall their name at the moment. Is this the same? Thanks.
Feb 4, 2015
458 posts
1074 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I've posted extensively about this before, but coles notes is don't waste your money on 'name brand' foam mattresses since it is a generic good. Ever wonder why there are so many mattress specialty stores and why you see their ads everywhere? It's a high margin biz where they simply take your money and put it into more marketing.

If you are lazy, then go to Ikea, who will have the lowest prices, lie on them and pick one that meets your firmness preference. You should lie on the mattress for at least 10-20 minutes to really get a feel of it.
If you are not lazy buy bulk foam and make your own (ie, website like foambymail.com)

Also, if you are willing to pay this kind of price look into a latex mattress which in my opinion is much better.
Oct 13, 2017
639 posts
581 upvotes
Thanks Op! Was looking for a deal on the Luxe now that it is in Canada. $2099.99 for the queen with the adjustable base. $2811 if I buy from Ghostbed directly. Only challenge is getting it to my apartment since I don't think they deliver right to the door now.
Sep 1, 2015
186 posts
58 upvotes
Nuckoholic wrote: How did Costco handle the return for the mattress? Did they have a truck pick it up from your home?

I actually don't mind something firmer, but this one is apparently softer than the original Ghostbed.
Yes Did return on line and sent truck to pick it up. Costco is great for that.
Feb 14, 2017
238 posts
147 upvotes
Anyone actually own this and recommend it? Haven't seen many comments about those actually using the mattress? Thanks OP for posting it and thanks for any info all
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2014
1203 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto, ON
this is an actual helpful thread as I'm shopping for a foam Twin XL mattress this very moment.

I'm looking at an Amazon Brand (super cheap $250), Douglas ($650) or perhaps a Costco brand ($400+)?

I'm not sure if I'd buy just a single foam mattress from foambymail as I would assume theres some actual studies/tech on why dual/triple foam construction?
Again, I don't know but the marketing infographics make me believe so :)

We bought our first Tempredic foam mattresses at a crazy price, looking back, I should have gone with any of the newer bed in a box brands to save 2-3x the money.
Apr 18, 2007
492 posts
333 upvotes
I purchased the original Queen months ago and so far I'm loving it. Ghostbed makes good stuff, much better quality materials than Casper/Endy/etc.
Nov 7, 2013
984 posts
776 upvotes
Ottawa
RFD6482 wrote: this is an actual helpful thread as I'm shopping for a foam Twin XL mattress this very moment.

I'm looking at an Amazon Brand (super cheap $250), Douglas ($650) or perhaps a Costco brand ($400+)?

I'm not sure if I'd buy just a single foam mattress from foambymail as I would assume theres some actual studies/tech on why dual/triple foam construction?
Again, I don't know but the marketing infographics make me believe so :)

We bought our first Tempredic foam mattresses at a crazy price, looking back, I should have gone with any of the newer bed in a box brands to save 2-3x the money.
Yeah we also bought a Tempur-Pedic mattress and feel like we got a bait and switch. In the showroom it felt amazing and no transference when moving around to your partner. Then we get it and it sucked. They said it would take 6 months to feel like the showroom one but never did. Think we'll have to try something like these next.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
56 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
Arcticsilverfox wrote: I purchased the original Queen months ago and so far I'm loving it. Ghostbed makes good stuff, much better quality materials than Casper/Endy/etc.
Ended up pulling the trigger on this and placed an order on the Luxe - hoping it ends up working out! I too did hear that they use better quality materials, and are a trusted member at TMU: https://www.themattressunderground.com/ ... m/ghostbed
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1842 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto
Nothing to lose trying this one. Costco still send a truck to pick it up if you don’t like it.