Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Ghostbed by Nature's Sleep 11 in. Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress, Twin $479, Double $679, Queen $749, King $949

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2020 12:18 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3499 posts
1763 upvotes
Waterloo
For those who have bought any mattresses on Costo.ca and had to do a return, the return process is super simple? Just let them know you want a return and they'll send a van to pick it up?
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2005
1284 posts
203 upvotes
Kanata
Thanks OP. Ordered a double and it arrived the next day! But where's the free t-shirt mentioned in the included pamphlet? did anyone get theirs?! :-)
Aug 11, 2017
562 posts
351 upvotes
Painman wrote: I bought the Blackstone 12" full from Costco last week ($400) for my 10 year old daughter. I looked at the Ghostbed but it was $500 more so I went with the Blackstone. The price delta is down to $279 now. Hmmmm....
Did you get it?
Jan 7, 2013
10 posts
5 upvotes
Victoria, BC
In for x1 queen. I really need a new mattress, was dreading having to shop around and this thread was super helpful in making me decide to jump. Especially the links to Casper vs. GhostMattress, info on returns, etc. Much appreciated RFD team, thanks! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Mar 11, 2020
162 posts
98 upvotes
anyone who tried logan and cove can comment on the cooling abilities?

Or who can suggest any mattress in a box with 100+ day trial that's cooling?
Mar 1, 2020
67 posts
20 upvotes
Québec
What would be some good pillows to go with this that don’t heat up too much ? I like a somewhat firmer pillow
Jan 24, 2010
90 posts
143 upvotes
Vancouver
This bed is super comfortable. I bought it with the adjustable base. Firm but With a soft top layer. I slept pretty cool too compared to my old Bedstory mattress.
Super happy with the mattress, not sure about the adjustable base....feels like a cheap hospital bed.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3652 posts
306 upvotes
dealsnipper wrote: This bed is super comfortable. I bought it with the adjustable base. Firm but With a soft top layer. I slept pretty cool too compared to my old Bedstory mattress.
Super happy with the mattress, not sure about the adjustable base....feels like a cheap hospital bed.
What is the adjustable base? Something it comes with?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3379 posts
611 upvotes
Bed is ordered, let’s see how this mattress turns out. Was between this and the Casper. Thanks OP.
Jul 7, 2010
70 posts
61 upvotes
crystallight wrote: For those who have bought any mattresses on Costo.ca and had to do a return, the return process is super simple? Just let them know you want a return and they'll send a van to pick it up?
There's an online return process that includes pickup but I've never used it: https://customerservice.costco.ca/app/a ... /a_id/6509

Just ordered this mattress to replace an 8 year old Sealy that gives me major back pain these days.
Oct 13, 2017
591 posts
547 upvotes
Electricute wrote: What is the adjustable base? Something it comes with?
It's a bed frame but one that is adjustable. Been looking into getting an adjustable bed because if I sleep flat I have shoulder pain from a car accident. if I sleep semi upright the pain goes away. Here is the adjustable bed at Costco
Jan 24, 2010
90 posts
143 upvotes
Vancouver
Electricute wrote: What is the adjustable base? Something it comes with?
It's kind of like a hospital bed where you can raise you legs or back. It also has an upper and lower massage feature that is pretty weak....no pun intended.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2005
1881 posts
151 upvotes
We ordered Thursday, arrived Saturday.

Two nights in and my initial thoughts....

Unpacking.
We got the Queen with the adjustable base. Setup was not that hard. I needed a second set of hands the odd time to turn over the base and position the mattress.
It took only minutes for the mattress to expand. The gassy smell was present, but not overpowering. I "looked for it" this morning. It was still there but very faint.

We went from a King Tempurpedic, so going to a queen is going to be an adjustment. We didn't stay with the king, because the base would have been a "split king", and we were nervous about having to sleep on the crack when cuddling.

The base:
Someone mentioned above it doesn't seem too high quality. I think a comparison was to a hospital bed. I don't know if I agree totally. It does not feel cheap... but doesn't feel super high end either.
features: Both head and feet sections of the base rise up and down. There are also 4 present options. 5 if you include flat lol.

The mattress:
This is where I was surprised. not in a good or bad way.. just ... this wasn't what I expected.

Comparison to Tempurpedic:
I have always jokingly suggested that you don't sleep on a Tempurpedic, you sleep in a Tempurpedic, because once my body heat transfers to the bed, I would sink into it, finding the support after I sink in.
I did not sink into the Ghostbed. After doing a bit more review on this bed, I think it is because the top layer of the GB is latex. If anyone has the Ghostbed Luxe I would be VERY interested in what their experience is, as I believe the top layer on the Luxe is memory foam as well.

Heat:
Tempurpedic is hot. Our model was the Rhapsody Breeze. The "Breeze" option was supposed to have a cooling layer. It was still hot.
Neither my wife or I found the Ghostbed to be at all hot.

Sleeping:
The Ghostbed doesn't feel like memory foam at all. While that is neither good nor bad, over the years I have come to love the sinking into my super comfortable bed.... I do miss it. On the other hand, I found the GB to be extremely comfortable so far. My back and neck have not had any pain.

Verdict:
Not 100% yet, but we are initially satisfied with the mattress.

That being said... last night I was playing with the settings, found the zero-gravity setting and fell in love. I could see myself being able to sleep on my back like that (I am usually a side-stomach sleeper), but my wife didn't like it. We may end up returning it and getting the split king with the adjustable base yet.....
Dec 18, 2017
126 posts
71 upvotes
After trying a bunch of these a bunch of these bed in a box types I ended up getting a mattress from a small local mattress manufacturer. Paid less and get something better quality also. Local shops can also custom make mattresses to your specs and firmness levels.

There's a reason why these bed in box companies can afford free "returns". It's low quality foam with high markups.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1805 posts
555 upvotes
Toronto
@mcewen
I’ve been using split king and you don’t fall into the gap. Only have a king fitted sheet holding it together.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
1098 posts
299 upvotes
Anybody have experience if novaform firm or op's ghostbed is more firm than NSC and similar in quality? Right now I have NSC for couple of months, but if these other two options are similar quality and same or more firm, i would love to replace and save half the money same time.
And which is better and firmer between Nova and GB?

(without comparison, reviews are not that helpful. On Costco reviews, i see one person is complaining that it's extreme firm and other too soft for same mattress)

NSC Medical Pressure Balance Latex Mattress $1500

Novaform Serafina Pearl Queen Firm Memory Foam Mattress $700 after 300 off

Ghostbed (11 in.) Cooling Gel. $750 after 250 off

Another thing i noticed that in Novaform firm they just reduced the thinkness of premium stuff and still the same price. Isn't thicker the gel foam is what makes them firmer?

Thanks

Nova soft
Screenshot_20200504_101625.jpg

Nova firm
Screenshot_20200504_101721.jpg