Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Ghostbed by Nature's Sleep 11 in. Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress, Twin $479, Double $679, Queen $749, King $949

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2020 12:18 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10238 posts
666 upvotes
Mississauga
Was the t-shirt in a bag taped to the mattress? I couldn't find mine.
Jul 8, 2012
70 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Tijuana wrote: Was the t-shirt in a bag taped to the mattress? I couldn't find mine.
Yes it was
Aug 18, 2013
692 posts
582 upvotes
AB
Tijuana wrote: Was the t-shirt in a bag taped to the mattress? I couldn't find mine.
mine was sealed along with the mattress
May 29, 2005
686 posts
199 upvotes
Nepean
Rustycage wrote: Couldn't you just toss it on the boxspring? It's certainly got some years on it but would that affect the mattress? Sorry, bit of a newb with these things.

Edit: A quick google just advised me that you shouldn't use a boxspring with a foam mattress. Learned something today, I can go back to bed...

Double edit!: Guess you can use a boxspring after all...
DO I NEED A BOX SPRING OR FOUNDATION?
We highly recommend our matching foundation/box spring for supporting your mattress. Featuring a 9″ Depth/Height and Made in the USA. Laying the mattress on a flat surface or good condition box spring/foundation will maintain the mattress life span. The mattress can be placed on a box spring/foundation with slats no longer than 4″ apart, platform bed or the floor for good results.
My old boxspring had a lot of give so I thought I needed a new one.

I ended up finding a good condition used Sultan Ikea foundation and added some slats myself. Total of $50 for the base. I think it's even better constructed than the matching Ghostbed foundation.

Personally, I couldn't feel the difference but it may take a while for the real effects to manifest themselves.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4033 posts
3459 upvotes
Richmond Hill
omaiiir wrote: Yes it was
nuclearhot wrote: mine was sealed along with the mattress
What size mattress did you guys order?

I ordered a Double on May 1st and didn't get one.
Aug 18, 2013
692 posts
582 upvotes
AB
rugerty100 wrote: What size mattress did you guys order?

queen
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2005
1284 posts
203 upvotes
Kanata

same here, ordered a double, didn't get the T-shirt!
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3652 posts
306 upvotes
Rustycage wrote: Couldn't you just toss it on the boxspring? It's certainly got some years on it but would that affect the mattress? Sorry, bit of a newb with these things.

Edit: A quick google just advised me that you shouldn't use a boxspring with a foam mattress. Learned something today, I can go back to bed...

Double edit!: Guess you can use a boxspring after all...
DO I NEED A BOX SPRING OR FOUNDATION?
We highly recommend our matching foundation/box spring for supporting your mattress. Featuring a 9″ Depth/Height and Made in the USA. Laying the mattress on a flat surface or good condition box spring/foundation will maintain the mattress life span. The mattress can be placed on a box spring/foundation with slats no longer than 4″ apart, platform bed or the floor for good results.
I also bought a king frame at costco at the same time. I'm not sure about the base but I'm planning on just putting a sheet of wood in case the slates are too far apart. Anything wrong with that approach?
Jul 8, 2012
70 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto

Ordered May 3rd and delivered May9th
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
4095 posts
381 upvotes
Toronto
FunkyC wrote: How are people liking the Ghostbed, trying to decide between it and S&S hybrid or Your text to link here...
Had it for 3 months. Loving it so far. We returned a S&S hybrid king. Both are good but I found the S&S to be lumpy after 2 months of use.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4169 posts
4818 upvotes
GTA
Sale prices are active again
Aug 23, 2010
842 posts
258 upvotes
Well, this mattress is going back. 6 months in and it is sagging significantly on the side I sleep on and I wake up every morning with back pain. At least Costco has a good return policy, took 5 minutes on the phone to arrange the return.