[Costco] Gilette Fusion 18pack * 5 - $180

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2018 9:50 am
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
58 posts
27 upvotes

[Costco] Gilette Fusion 18pack * 5 - $180

I was at Costco today and saw that the Gilette Fusion 18 pack of razors was $13 off from from $59, so $46. They're also having a deal where you can spend more than $100 in PG items and you get a $25 costco gift card. Each member can get a maximum of 2 cards, for a total of $50 with $200 spending. so you can buy 5 packs of razors for $180 after gift card, which is $36 per pack. of course you can buy other PG products, but I'm not sure how many were on sale or if you could get to $200 spending with detergent and toothpaste. I figured I'd get 3 years of razors :)
22 replies
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4663 posts
780 upvotes
Toronto
and also keeping the gc after returning them all?
Dec 16, 2017
26 posts
26 upvotes
ottawa
I've been using a safety razor for so long now that this seems insanely expensive to me now :)
Feb 13, 2006
665 posts
171 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 12:29 am
and also keeping the gc after returning them all?
You know how else you can beat the system? Deposit a fake cheque in an ATM and then make a withdrawal. Boom, free money!!

Oh, wait, that is ALSO fraud...

What the heck is wrong with people on this board lately?
Apr 23, 2014
409 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto, ON
noodlehed wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 4:44 am
You know how else you can beat the system? Deposit a fake cheque in an ATM and then make a withdrawal. Boom, free money!!

started with koodo I think. get a contract, pay off small tab. they've made it 90 days but people still do it.

what he is saying isn't illegal (unlss in writing), but is it immoral? more than hoarders who buy all units to sell.
Nov 22, 2009
523 posts
299 upvotes
noodlehed wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 4:44 am

It's unethical but definitely is not fraud and won't get you arrested like writing a fake cheque lol
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20268 posts
134583 upvotes
GTA
Homesimpson wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 1:03 am
I've been using a safety razor for so long now that this seems insanely expensive to me now :)
+1...I am using a single-edge razor (so not even the cheapest blades) and this seems like a heck of a lot of money to be throwing at a cartridge system. Don't get me wrong, I still keep a cartridge razor as backup if I am running late and need to shave in a hurry (safety/single-edge shaving should not be rushed), but I think one of the 3 or 4 blade packs from Walmart would probably last me a few years based on how infrequently I use them now, lol.
Apr 13, 2017
158 posts
30 upvotes
These make good gifts as well. I'm taking this back home to India for my family members .
Jan 23, 2008
833 posts
347 upvotes
i'm one of those asians where i only started growing my beard stubbles...and i'm almost 30

wallet safe
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
58 posts
27 upvotes
toguy wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 5:44 am
+1...I am using a single-edge razor (so not even the cheapest blades) and this seems like a heck of a lot of money to be throwing at a cartridge system. Don't get me wrong, I still keep a cartridge razor as backup if I am running late and need to shave in a hurry (safety/single-edge shaving should not be rushed), but I think one of the 3 or 4 blade packs from Walmart would probably last me a few years based on how infrequently I use them now, lol.
I shave my head every other day and I'm a little scared to use a safety razor to do it. I think it'd be slower too?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
1193 posts
609 upvotes
Montreal, QC
$2/cartridge for Fusion is definitely a good deal, no matter what people are on about here. It's not about other systems being better or not, it's about this product being at a much better price than it usually is. Even though I'm using the much cheaper Edge 4-blades from Costco, OP thanked.

PS: OP, it's written Gillette, you're missing an "l" Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Happy Koodo customer :-)
Apr 13, 2008
74 posts
80 upvotes
Bancroft
You won't get a better shave with these than with the Dollarama triple blades.
I bought them for travel but now I use them daily. I have a coarse beard each morning but I've been using the same Dollarama razor for the last 2 months. I just wipe it out with an old hand towel after each shave. Amazing!
Saved me piles of dollars over the past year.
$2/Gillette blade.... No Thank-You
Sep 14, 2012
56 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
eebest wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 8:51 am
You won't get a better shave with these than with the Dollarama triple blades.
I bought them for travel but now I use them daily. I have a coarse beard each morning but I've been using the same Dollarama razor for the last 2 months. I just wipe it out with an old hand towel after each shave. Amazing!
Saved me piles of dollars over the past year.
$2/Gillette blade.... No Thank-You

Oh come on now. The Gillette will give you a better and smoother shave that Dollarama .

Don't get me wrong..I don't use Gillette system. I like some others here use safety razor. Buy a good one and you can buy literally a lifetime supply of blades on e bay for not much money