• Dec 8th, 2020 6:57 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
214 posts
63 upvotes
mississauga

[Costco] Glasslock 26 pieces set 23.99$

I searched and not found any post about this. Seem good deal to me, but no idea about quality. Any comment?
The warehouse price 23.99, the online price 29.79$.
https://www.costco.ca/glasslock-ensembl ... 41690.html
25 replies
Jun 21, 2017
328 posts
359 upvotes
Ontario
I do miss the older coloured lid version. These new non-coloured ones are noticeably worse quality - especially if you put them in the dishwasher.

We got a few years out of the colours ones, but I doubt these one will make it a full year before heading back to Costco based on how badly the lids fit after a few months...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8374 posts
3043 upvotes
Toronto
I really hope they have those Flatstack container people back. Really love the design and the bright colours for food prep.

Had the coloured glass containers but they take up so much space.
Mar 5, 2018
369 posts
494 upvotes
Montreal
a lot of bad reviews on this product
Je parle français aussi 😝
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1951 posts
1552 upvotes
Variability wrote: I really hope they have those Flatstack container people back. Really love the design and the bright colours for food prep.

Had the coloured glass containers but they take up so much space.
Had the opposite experience you did. They were god awful - lids don't fit after one cycle through the dishwasher
Sep 6, 2016
258 posts
125 upvotes
GTA
The lids are bad, the glass containers themselves are okay.
Mar 8, 2010
347 posts
285 upvotes
Calgary
Lids are awful.
Didn't last a year (no dishwasher for the lids) - some of the side flaps/lockdowns started to crack.
Some lids require herculean strength to close
Sep 22, 2010
528 posts
573 upvotes
Victoria
targa88 wrote: Lids are awful.
Didn't last a year (no dishwasher for the lids) - some of the side flaps/lockdowns started to crack.
The lid not closing issue....take a razor blade or exacto etc, and trim a small amount of plastic from the 'hook' part of the lid that catches under the glass. When I say a small amount I mean like 1-2 mm. Once done you won't have this issue any longer.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4700 posts
489 upvotes
Vancity
+1 on the dissatisfaction from the other replies regarding the poor quality lids. After a few years of use, pretty much every lid has started to disintegrate or if not totally unusable.

Very wasteful since the glass containers now are barely useful without the lid.

Would not recommend.
Jul 1, 2012
271 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
sonick wrote: +1 on the dissatisfaction from the other replies regarding the poor quality lids. After a few years of use, pretty much every lid has started to disintegrate or if not totally unusable.

Would not recommend.
Which parts of the lid disintegrates?
Nov 13, 2013
585 posts
461 upvotes
Quebec
sonick wrote: +1 on the dissatisfaction from the other replies regarding the poor quality lids. After a few years of use, pretty much every lid has started to disintegrate or if not totally unusable.

Would not recommend.
Same here, the entire lid is full of cracks and the plastic around hook is totally broken. I'm now using 1 or 2 elastic to hold the lids in place....
Apr 4, 2017
196 posts
140 upvotes
I've had this set for 2 years now. I put the lids through my dishwasher on the top rack and I haven't had any issues with cracking, etc. The lids can be difficult to snap on though.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12598 posts
7324 upvotes
Markham
targa88 wrote: Lids are awful.
Agree with the herculean strength to close comment.

Highly recommend getting thick deli containers of various sizes. Reusable and they stack up and one lid fits all sizes.

Something like these

https://www.amazon.ca/Containers-Dishwa ... 78&sr=8-12
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4700 posts
489 upvotes
Vancity
101lol wrote: Which parts of the lid disintegrates?
On mine the outer edges of the chanel that hold the rubber gasket starts cracking and eventually falls off. As well as the plastic around the hinges of the snap on flaps causing them to no longer be attached. The rubber gasket also weakens and become brittle, resulting in it being torn easily if you take it out and wash it regularly.

My wife hand washes these and the lids are never used in the microwave.
Images
  • 16073787210944695415394079786408.jpg
  • 16073787549553538001716285848589.jpg
Jul 19, 2012
134 posts
234 upvotes
Victoria
Have had all the same problems listed above.

Switched to Pyrex Snapware brand, available at RCSS, etc. Highly recommend.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
8355 posts
4321 upvotes
I have had these containers for about a year now and have had no problems with them although it was an 18 piece set that I bought and all containers were rectangular. (I do hand wash everything so this may be preserving the longevity of the items.)

These containers have been great for storage of leftovers and the clear containers means I have had way less waste because I see everything whenever I open my fridge and this ensures food gets rotated and consumed before anything gets forgotten and has to be thrown away.

The glass is great because it doesn't absorb odours nor does it leech into the food.

One of the best investments I ever made.
Nov 23, 2020
103 posts
115 upvotes
TO
This would have been a great deal - but there are way too many negative reviews to jump on this
I've had good experience with the Lock and Lock Glass products so far
Mar 7, 2011
255 posts
316 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Undexter wrote: I like these when they go on sale:
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/anch ... p.html#srp
Lids are more of a rubbery material, and they've been holding up in the dishwasher quite well.
Do you know what the "premium" in the title of these means?

There's a bunch of anchor hocking on sale at CT right now but it looks like the lids on your link wrap around further. I guess that helps them seal better?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2006
1865 posts
250 upvotes
Bought this, one was warped, went back and exchanged. Should have just returned it.

The glass is okay, not as good as the old ones but the lids are absolute trash.