Glaxal Base Moisturizing Cream - 2 x 227g tubes + 50g tube - $12.99

[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24780 posts
199882 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] Glaxal Base Moisturizing Cream - 2 x 227g tubes + 50g tube - $12.99

Costco has Glaxal Base Moisturizing Cream on sale for $12.99 (in warehouse - $14.99 online) until Oct 23. Used to be a single 450g tub and the bonus travel tube but they've now repackaged it as 2 x 227g tubes and the 50g travel tube.

https://www.costco.ca/glaxal-base-moist ... 31522.html

Costco is always the best place to get this. 100g shows $11.97 on Amazon, with the 450g tub going for $25-$30 at Walmart, Well.ca, SDM, etc.
Last edited by toguy on Sep 30th, 2022 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1207 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
No clue about skincare. Can someone tell me if this is a good substitute of Dermal Therapy Hand, Elbow & Knee Cream that my grandparents use?
Mar 26, 2006
409 posts
357 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
My local Costco (Kenaston in Winnipeg) had both 450g tub as well as the 2x227g tubes. Both were $12.99 and had bonus 50g tube.
May 12, 2006
469 posts
378 upvotes
ON
shyhermit wrote: No clue about skincare. Can someone tell me if this is a good substitute of Dermal Therapy Hand, Elbow & Knee Cream that my grandparents use?
I can't give you a comparison, but this stuff is pretty thick. I bought it once instead of CeraVe and found it very thick. It was good, kind of a strong odour initially, not a bad smell but nothing nice either.

It felt like diaper rash cream.

My gf loved it for her eczema.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
2929 posts
3137 upvotes
shyhermit wrote: No clue about skincare. Can someone tell me if this is a good substitute of Dermal Therapy Hand, Elbow & Knee Cream that my grandparents use?
Check out Dollarama, they carry O’Keeffe’s or Palmer’s moisturizer. Both do good job for me to heal dry (and hopefully chapped skin during the winter) spots.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24780 posts
199882 upvotes
GTA
Compared to CeraVe (which is also a great cream), I will say that this has more of a medicinal smell, but I don't notice it as much once it's on vs while actually applying it.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4358 posts
4592 upvotes
I use this daily to treat my severe eczema. It helps keep me off of Clobetasol, the strongest class of corticosteroid cream.

The tub is a better deal but this is more portable.
Last edited by AsianXL on Sep 30th, 2022 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 16, 2014
200 posts
181 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Found Glaxal to be thicker and occlusive—guessing more petrolatum (Vaseline)—than Cerave. Gives the skin a shiny appearance. Don't like the shininess on my face during the day, but great to apply as the last layer in a night routine. The tub lasted nearly a year.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24780 posts
199882 upvotes
GTA
AsianXL wrote: I use this daily to treat my severe eczema. It helps keep me off of Clobetasol, the strongest class of corticosteroid cream.

The tub is a better deal but this is more portable.
pizzahutxbox wrote: This is a better deal than the tub on sale price? I remember getting the club pack tub value size + bonus tube for like ~16? or was it $12..
The quantity is the same (well, technically, 4g more with this vs the tub) but it's likely a wash as towards the end, there's bound to be more wastage of product with the tube unless you cut it open (hence why I prefer the tub format as well).
Dec 20, 2019
651 posts
2682 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
I breakout with all the so call "gentle" moisturizer (cerave, cetaphil, etc...., yet my skin is dry. I wonder if this will break me out to sigh.....
May 23, 2011
338 posts
187 upvotes
N/A
Anyone know if this is safe to use on toddler? I could not find anything on the product.
May 13, 2014
686 posts
347 upvotes
Vancouver
pizzahutxbox wrote: This is a better deal than the tub on sale price? I remember getting the club pack tub value size + bonus tube for like ~16? or was it $12..
$12.99 according to costco-costco-west-feb-21-feb-27-121-pi ... #p35767742

So it's a wash. Though I suppose this is a slightly better deal if you take into account (the lack of) inflation since February.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2021
1159 posts
391 upvotes
The tub is disgusting and brewing grounds for bacteria.
Sep 19, 2021
104 posts
230 upvotes
ttktran wrote: Anyone know if this is safe to use on toddler? I could not find anything on the product.
I’ve been using it on my 3yo on and off for the past year for eczema.

On and off cause the smell bothers the kid when applying and my large Costco tub is also close to empty and I really hate sticking my hand in there. I will definitely buy the two 227g tube pack version over the tub. I’m glad they made the change.

We didn’t buy this specifically for the kid. We already had it for my SO and I.

Already knew about the sale and had it in my shopping list, but thanks for sharing it, OP.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
2084 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto
ttktran wrote: Anyone know if this is safe to use on toddler? I could not find anything on the product.
Use it for my 2 YO with eczema during winter.
Someone posted something about an ingredient being carcinogenic but

Quick google search (dunno if they are trust worthy or not)
https://drdina.ca/what-to-do-for-baby-e ... -dry-skin/
http://www.bcchildrens.ca/dermatology-s ... eczema.pdf

I use it multiple times a day for eczema on my hand.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
2929 posts
3137 upvotes
Picked up this pack. This is far runnier that the “paste” in the large tub. And smells less strong. Let’s see if as effective or not though.