Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Global 2-piece G2 Chef Knife and G91SB Sharpener $89.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2021 10:00 pm
Dec 29, 2008
588 posts
892 upvotes
Mississauga

[Costco] Global 2-piece G2 Chef Knife and G91SB Sharpener $89.99

Hello everyone. It's the time of the year again to get yourself the most useful kitchen knife you'll ever need.

Costco is selling the Global G2 8 inch Chef knife and the whetstone sharpener as a package. Typically the knife itself cost $139.99. Now you' can get the knife and a sharpener for $50 less. If i didn't already have the a 8" global Chef Knife, I would've sprung on this deal.
Last edited by RadioDude on Oct 26th, 2021 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
46 replies
Jul 14, 2009
695 posts
1279 upvotes
GTA
Super deal! The sharpener itself is usually $50+
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
2443 posts
2978 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
How do these compare to Victorinox knifes? Serious question..as you can get those for quite a bit cheaper and they are swiss made. Thinking of upgrades.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
2008 posts
2044 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I had the minosharp 3 forever, but regret buying it.

After using the chef's choice once, I realized how dull the minosharp sharpening was.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
b31770 wrote: I had the minosharp 3 forever, but regret buying it.

After using the chef's choice once, I realized how dull the minosharp sharpening was.
So all the Global sharpeners suck? Which chefschoice should you get?
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2900 posts
1583 upvotes
Bigboy16 wrote: How do these compare to Victorinox knifes? Serious question..as you can get those for quite a bit cheaper and they are swiss made. Thinking of upgrades.
I find the global knives to hold a sharp edge for longer, and maybe sharpen a little sharper. My 3 chef knife collection is a victorinox I use for cutting things I know will dull it (through chicken bones for example), a global g2 for general vegetable and meat cutting, and a fancy ass hammered shun premiere that I rarely take off the magnet that holds all of them because it was a very expensive gift I received and I feel bad using it and risking damage to such an expensive knife.
Oct 2, 2009
572 posts
375 upvotes
Bigboy16 wrote: How do these compare to Victorinox knifes? Serious question..as you can get those for quite a bit cheaper and they are swiss made. Thinking of upgrades.
Victorinox is 56 hrc (hrc is hardness rating, higher is better and its exponential) is slightly softer and thicker (more robust and in most cases will deform vs chip)

Global (56-58 ish hrc) is a slight step up imho but not much. Biggest advantage would be a slightly slimmer blade which means it might feel a little smoother depending on what you are cutting.

To me global looks a little tacky? while the victorinox looks industrial.

If it was my money and I HAD to buy either one I'll get the victorniox.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
2008 posts
2044 upvotes
VANCOUVER
fightbriz wrote: So all the Global sharpeners suck? Which chefschoice should you get?
I'm no expert so do you own research.

But the chef's choice 1520 that was posted on RFD works well.
Sep 23, 2018
147 posts
127 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
This had been selling for a while now but I can’t decide whether this is a better deal or the 3 piece set. Thoughts?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5429 posts
5285 upvotes
GTA
Shows $89 for me, where is the $50 off coupon, is it in store only? 3 knifes at Costco are $129, so one at $89 is not that great.
Feb 24, 2007
159 posts
109 upvotes
KingsleyW41998 wrote: This had been selling for a while now but I can’t decide whether this is a better deal or the 3 piece set. Thoughts?
I would get this over the 3 piece set or really any alternative option to the 3 piece set because the 3 piece set has a 7 inch knife vs the individual is an 8 inch knife.

I have both a 7 inch Zwilling and 8 Inch Global knife and the extra size makes for an easier cutting experience.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3799 posts
1991 upvotes
Mississauga
I have 2 of these.. one is open and the other is still packed as a backup.. plus got the 1520 sharpener .. it's night and day when you have a sharp knife. You don't realize it until you go to friends or family houses and use whatever they have ..and then it makes for good conversation on the way back.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3259 posts
3286 upvotes
I bought this years ago and love it. It was cheaper a few years ago but the sharpener is pretty solid and the knife itself is good. I've taken apart a chicken with it no problem, and onions cut sooooooo good. Thinking of getting a 2nd for the family cabin cause it's rough using the kitchenaid knives up there...
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Aug 28, 2007
480 posts
1055 upvotes
Toronto
I'm just gonna put it out there that Ikea has a VG-10 steel knife for $55 regularly.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/briljera-c ... -90257576/

much cheaper and VG-10 steel is literally the gold standard steel for kitchen knives.

https://www.koiknives.com/blogs/knife-s ... -the-top-6
Last edited by raven0usvampire on Oct 26th, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 29, 2008
588 posts
892 upvotes
Mississauga
Tommy74 wrote: Shows $89 for me, where is the $50 off coupon, is it in store only? 3 knifes at Costco are $129, so one at $89 is not that great.
The $50 is from the fact that the knife alone is generally $139 everywhere else. You also get a free sharpener along with the cheaper price.
Dec 29, 2008
588 posts
892 upvotes
Mississauga
Freefast99 wrote: Is this knife good for trimming meats (brisket?)
It will cut through brisket like butter without shredding the meat. However, it's only 8 inches which means it "usually" can't slice through the whole brisket with the length of the blade.
Dec 29, 2008
588 posts
892 upvotes
Mississauga
raven0usvampire wrote: I'm just gonna put it out there that Ikea has a VG-10 steel knife for $55 regularly.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/briljera-c ... -90257576/

much cheaper and VG-10 steel is literally the best you can get for kitchen knives.

https://www.koiknives.com/blogs/knife-s ... -the-top-6
Most of the knife enthusiasts would recommend against a knife that has a full bolster which makes sharpening difficult to impossible near the hilt. Also, there's more to a knife than just the steel used, there's balance, hand feel, shape, weight, etc which all plays into finding the right knife for you. Heck even design plays into the picture as some people like the one piece look of the global knives (also much easier to clean).