[Costco] Global 2-piece Knife Set $99.99

Global 2 pcs knife set is back @ $99 at Costco.ca again
8 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
1837 posts
1309 upvotes
Laputa
We're sorry, we were unable to process your request.
Thx OP, bought 10! :facepalm:
Jun 12, 2020
96 posts
129 upvotes
This is the perfect minimalist setup. You don't need those 15pcs set with a gigantic rotating knife block that takes up countertop space.
Sep 25, 2002
174 posts
46 upvotes
I think that set for $149 is also a decent deal, you save roughly the same amount around $50 for either one of those.

I also like the Bob Kramer one members only price of $349 but that is only one knife that is expensive unless you want to impress your friends :)

Just found this one as well members only at $299 you pretty much get one of the Miyabi knives for free.
Mar 23, 2017
521 posts
938 upvotes
Toronto
For those who are just getting into better knives, I had bought the Global Ni 3 piece set and while they are incredible and I'm happy with the purchase, it's well worth going into a shop and testing out the feel and weight of different knives. The blades on these are fairly soft and they are incredibly light. They do need consistent attention to maintain their sharpness. I'll be making my next major purchase in a year or two with the aim of German style knives in preference of increased weight and larger handles.
Aug 29, 2018
272 posts
282 upvotes
gucio321 wrote: I think that set for $149 is also a decent deal, you save roughly the same amount around $50 for either one of those.

I also like the Bob Kramer one members only price of $349 but that is only one knife that is expensive unless you want to impress your friends :)

Just found this one as well members only at $299 you pretty much get one of the Miyabi knives for free.
As much as I do like the Kramers, I'd be worried about the 8-inch euroline damascus. It was out of stock for a while, so I suspect these are returns. Could be wrong of course, but some reviewers complained about getting bent or chipped knives.
Sep 25, 2002
174 posts
46 upvotes
pbeutch wrote: As much as I do like the Kramers, I'd be worried about the 8-inch euroline damascus. It was out of stock for a while, so I suspect these are returns. Could be wrong of course, but some reviewers complained about getting bent or chipped knives.
You could be right but I was under the impression that Costco does not sell returned products.