[OP]
Oct 6, 2012
115 posts
163 upvotes
KINGSTON

[Costco] Globe Smart Bulbs LED 3pk $22.99/$26.99

$22.99 - in store
$26.99 - online

These don't have the best reviews, but they have a good warranty and Costco's return policy.
Most negative reviews seem to be attributed to the pairing process.

Product Details
Globe Electric’s Wi-Fi smart bulb changes how you light your life at home. Using your smartphone, you can control the kind of light you use for any activity, whether energizing, concentrating or reading. Simply download the GLOBE SUITE™ app from Google Play or the App Store, screw in your bulb, and start adjusting your colour and brightness levels. Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri.

Features:
ENERGY STAR
25,000-hour bulb life
Base: standard E26
Shape: classic A19
Volt 120 V
80+ CRI
Easy to set up, requires no smart home hub
Compatible with Google Home, Amazon Alexa and Siri for voice control
GLOBE SUITE™ user-friendly app available for iOS and Android devices
Devices controlled individually or as part of a group
Set timers, schedules and scenes
Share device access
System requirements: Wi-Fi router 2.4 GHz, mobile device running iOS 8.0 or higher/Android 4.1 or higher
Includes:
3 A19 LED smart bulbs

Specifications:
Dimensions each bulb: 5.99 cm × 5.99 cm × 10.99 cm (2.36 in. × 2.36 in. × 4.33 in.)
0.09 kg (0.2 lb.)

Warranty:
3-year manufacturer’s limited warranty
Images
  • globe bulbs.jpg
111 replies
Jan 14, 2007
790 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
I've been using these blubs for almost 2yrs and don't have any issues with them. They works with google and alexa. I also have 2 plugs.
I do use the globe apps but not as good as Kasa but it will do.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6408 posts
3420 upvotes
Aurora
Newbie here. What is better? Smart bulbs or smart switches?
[OP]
Oct 6, 2012
115 posts
163 upvotes
KINGSTON
DiceMan wrote: Newbie here. What is better? Smart bulbs or smart switches?
If you are considering a switch to control a light/lamp, then I'd say a bulb would be ideal, especially at this price.
Mar 8, 2009
108 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
DiceMan wrote: Newbie here. What is better? Smart bulbs or smart switches?
If possible, smart switches are always better IMO. With the bulbs, you always have to have the light switch on and you can't really use the switch effectively, you basically have to use your voice or phone. With a switch, you can easily use the switch as well.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1044 posts
1599 upvotes
GPS - error
Just beware, I returned mine as they didn't even last a year ...

Plus some of the colors were not really the correct color, and anything colored was like 50% brightness or less of the white color, overall not impressed ...
[OP]
Oct 6, 2012
115 posts
163 upvotes
KINGSTON
Mikus007 wrote: If possible, smart switches are always better IMO. With the bulbs, you always have to have the light switch on and you can't really use the switch effectively, you basically have to use your voice or phone. With a switch, you can easily use the switch as well.
It all depends on your application. These bulbs are RGB tunable.
Mar 8, 2009
108 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
nbking74 wrote: It all depends on your application. These bulbs are RGB tunable.
Definitely depends on your individual needs, but I find myself wanting to turn off a light with the switch more often that I find myself needing my room to be green...
Aug 1, 2010
134 posts
88 upvotes
Woodbridge
Got one yesterday and installed and couldn't get it working even when it was 25ft away from router on 2.4ghz and couldn't get the firmware updated. Will be returning it.
[OP]
Oct 6, 2012
115 posts
163 upvotes
KINGSTON
Just got a downvote for 'not a good price'
Could that downvoter please link to an RGB tunable smart bulb less than $7.67/ea?
Feb 26, 2017
4 posts
7 upvotes
escape1975 wrote: Just beware, I returned mine as they didn't even last a year ...

Plus some of the colors were not really the correct color, and anything colored was like 50% brightness or less of the white color, overall not impressed ...
I had this issue as well but they actually released a Version 2 of the bulb. The ones currently in stock at Costco have revamped hardware and the colored lights are SIGNIFICANTLY brighter. I ended up returning all my 1st gen Globe bulbs and replaced with these. While it is true 1/9 has failed on me, because its costco I can just refund them. For the price/performance now on the Gen2 bulbs I don't see how you can go wrong.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
2244 posts
1274 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought these when they were $30 for enclosed outdoor usage. I tuned the lights to match the hue of my neighbours' porch lights. The light above my attached garage responds to commands about 50% of the time. There's a lot of brick and metal between the light and my router.
Jul 1, 2020
20 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
I have these for my bedroom. Colour RGB lighting for these are terribly dim and aren't worth it as there are better RGB bulbs. I only keep this on for regular white lighting as that's the only colour that's bright.
Jan 3, 2015
1 posts
Toronto, ON
Bunyak wrote: I bought these when they were $30 for enclosed outdoor usage. I tuned the lights to match the hue of my neighbours' porch lights. The light above my attached garage responds to commands about 50% of the time. There's a lot of brick and metal between the light and my router.
How have they held out? Was wondering how they would handle Canadian winter temperatures.
Oct 11, 2006
339 posts
37 upvotes
Globe Smart Bulbs LED is NO GOOD. Hard to connect with phone. never connected.
Both phone are not connected Apple phone or Android phone.