• Aug 19th, 2019 9:57 am
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1307 posts
375 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
James Stonehenge wrote:
Jun 28th, 2019 10:55 am
I'm guessing these would be useless on a smart switch? Kasa switch. Doea this work with smart things?
Let me check.

The best I can get working is itfff by configuring them in the Smart Life app. There is TuyaSmart for driver for Smartthings, but others report it is incomplete.
Sep 7, 2009
1 posts
NB
I have successfully setup my bulbs using your template (Thanks!) but no matter what I do if the bulb is ON the Sleep setting goes to 0 and the LoadAvg goes through the roof causing issues if the bulb is on for more than a short while. If the bulb is turned off the Sleep stays on and the LoadAvg is normal. Is that occurring for you as well? If not what firmware revision are you running?

Thanks!
Oct 5, 2017
300 posts
92 upvotes
How's the brightness compared to Hue or Merkury smart bulbs? I'm only interested on warm/cool white settings
Aug 30, 2009
237 posts
88 upvotes
cwb27 wrote:
Jun 21st, 2019 8:07 am
Heads up here - I tried this with a dimmer at 100%, the bulb still strobed at a high rate. And yes, the bulb previously connected was a dimmable LED.
You are correct - I tried this with my dimmer at 100% as well. I can see strobing or flickering. Not usable with dimmers for me.

One question I had - the strobing is strictly because of the dimmer switch right? I can swap it out with normal switch and I won't face that issue? (the 1 switch controls 3 lights)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6756 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
SameerAlam wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2019 10:08 am
You are correct - I tried this with my dimmer at 100% as well. I can see strobing or flickering. Not usable with dimmers for me.

One question I had - the strobing is strictly because of the dimmer switch right? I can swap it out with normal switch and I won't face that issue? (the 1 switch controls 3 lights)
Correct, the dimmer is modifying the sine wave. A regular switch will not do this.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
3825 posts
1052 upvotes
What is the template that everyone is talking about?
Mar 26, 2019
42 posts
38 upvotes
They were very easy to set up and connected right away. Brightness on the colour settings is underwhelming compared to the Lifx bulbs I have. Unless I missed it, app also doesnt allow you to group lights into one (example when two bulbs are in one fixture) although Google Home will group them together. For the price though, these are a good find.

Overall I am little disappointed in the colour and limited app functions. Might end up trying the merkury at Walmart before deciding whether to return these.
Jul 27, 2016
244 posts
189 upvotes
Anyone tried using these with the CE Smart app which goes with the wifi plugs sold at Costco as well?

It’d be nice to have them all controlled with one app.
Jun 6, 2011
105 posts
190 upvotes
Hamilton
kkl1208 wrote:
Jun 28th, 2019 4:34 pm
For those who has it, what do you think of how bright it is? I have read the whole thread and it seems brightness is an issue.
On white at max brightness, I can use it as a nice reading fixture or an inviting light for my master bedroom. I wouldn't rely on it to brighten the entire room (not that it would cause my room to be dark, just not really the appropriate implementation with one bulb). On colour, it could only serve as for accent colour or mood lightning or just to play around. With multiple bulbs though on max white, could be used to light up living space.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2545 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
Picked a 3 pack up at Scaboro Warden yet to try them out.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1307 posts
375 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
PierreS299131 wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2019 6:17 pm
Anyone tried using these with the CE Smart app which goes with the wifi plugs sold at Costco as well?

It’d be nice to have them all controlled with one app.
Any of the Smart apps work with any of these products. Different apps give you different features. The CE Smart app is the only one that gave me the correct instructions for connecting to my dimmable switch. But once I knew the instructions, I uninstalled that app.
I have some connected to Smart Life some to TuyaSmart. I will switch them all to the same, but I haven’t decided Home Assistant or ITFFF. Neither connects to both.
Dec 16, 2015
47 posts
32 upvotes
Madden, AB
Bumping this up because someone reposted it up top. I bought some when this thread originated, figured I'd update with a minor review. Have them installed in my garage door lights. Detached garage, ~10 feet away from the house to the back door. Our router is in the basement and these lights work even being that far away. Just used the globe app and added it to our google home. Pretty happy with them, worth the price from Costco for sure.

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 2 guests)

kayos777, legalfish, ebre101, Lord Denning, Dota